Summer 2023 Transfer Window - the next overhaul

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

WTF? 
Is that what he’s actually said?!

Surely not FFS 😆

Are we just writing off this season?  

He did say we'd wait until the next window if we have to for the right players but surely to be taken with a bit of pinch of salt. 

When we press go on the 3 english loans we'll know we are fucked

19 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

If we are waiting till next window this side wouldn't keep us in the top 6 never mind do anything in Europe.

If he's going to wait until the next window he's going to have to hope no more performances like last week appear or he won't be the manager come January 😂.

I haven't listened to his RedTV interview but if that's what he's said then the club have failed him. Seems to be a recurring theme. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

If he's going to wait until the next window he's going to have to hope no more performances like last week appear or he won't be the manager come January 😂.

I haven't listened to his RedTV interview but if that's what he's said then the club have failed him. Seems to be a recurring theme. 

Yeah not listed to his or Cormacks interview, but as someone said today at match it's time for Cormack to putt his money where his mouth is and he's always plenty to say. 

7 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

The time to judge is 31/8 I suppose.

I get they’re trying to think long-term but surely to fuck there’s an urgency with the Hacken game. 

6 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Yeah not listed to his or Cormacks interview, but as someone said today at match it's time for Cormack to putt his money where his mouth is and he's always plenty to say. 

He does. The other thing is that if we are going after other clubs best players then if we can't get them now we'll struggle to get them in Jan as nobody wants to sell their players mid season. Unless of course we're waiting to get them on pre-contracts. 

13 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’ve just listened to it.

He clearly said it. 

Maybe suggests we’re not close with the 3 or 4 he’s wanting.

7 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The time to judge is 31/8 I suppose.

I get they’re trying to think long-term but surely to fuck there’s an urgency with the Hacken game. 

3 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Utter joke, So what maybe only 1 or 2 this window then 2 in January 🧐

We were prepared to pay something like £1M for Teklic. He just means we wont wily nily spend those fees.

He'll 100% have to give up and get any bodies in at some point given he seems to hate his subs

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

WTF? 
Is that what he’s actually said?!

Surely not FFS 😆

Are we just writing off this season?  

Appears that way… writing off Europa League, writing off doing anything of note in the Conference and writing off first half of the season if that’s in any way true. Never mind at least we’ve made nine signings.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Appears that way… writing off Europa League, writing off doing anything of note in the Conference and writing off first half of the season if that’s in any way true. Never mind at least we’ve made nine signings.

Let’s just wait & see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

IF they leave Robson short then shame on the Board, given the money we have generated with more to come.

But let’s give them a chance first. 

• Upvote 1

If he said that some may be January then I'm sure that's not anyone's preferred option. I'm sure the board would rather have them now but there will be a very good reason that it's not happening.

The alternative is to move to next on the list and try get that person but if they are further down the list then it means that person is not as good. There's been a few at the club said they aren't going to sign players just to make up the numbers and that's exactly how we should be approaching this

44 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Let’s just wait & see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

IF they leave Robson short then shame on the Board, given the money we have generated with more to come.

But let’s give them a chance first. 

Robson could quite correctly claim he generated the Euro money too so if the club are reneging on promises made, he’s got every right to be raging (if that is indeed the case) 

Even still, he’s got every right to be raging at the time taken to bring reinforcements in and for letting players leave without first signing replacements.

Strange goings on, with the lack of recruitment. Not trying to create controversy where none exists but it’s fucking weird shit, you’d have to agree.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
34 minutes ago, starryfish said:

If we are going after players and they are turning us down for football reasons not much we can do, if it’s financial, like Teklic, that’s on the board 

Sort of, sort of not, the fee required for Teklic would mean a basic weekly wage of 10k-12k a week, if we were willing to stump up close to that then the Turkish side came in offering 14k-16k there is no way we can compete.

9 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

If he said that some may be January then I'm sure that's not anyone's preferred option. I'm sure the board would rather have them now but there will be a very good reason that it's not happening.

The alternative is to move to next on the list and try get that person but if they are further down the list then it means that person is not as good. There's been a few at the club said they aren't going to sign players just to make up the numbers and that's exactly how we should be approaching this

Doesn't necessarily mean they aren't as good if they are further down a list. They could be option B for numerous reasons. Maybe they'll cost the club more money than Option A because they've got longer left on their contract etc. Maybe work permits etc. 

I get that the club shouldn't be signing players for the sake of it but we are going to end up with an absolutely horrendous injury list if we continue as we are. Playing with the intensity we did in the first half isn't sustainable Thurs-Sun and only using 1 sub a game as we seem intent on doing. 

Something has to give. Alan Burrows said on RedTv last week that we aren't in the group stages to just make up the numbers. We want to make an impression. With this squad we'll certainly do that. We'll give the impression that we're a shambles. 

We've known for months this was coming. No excuses come the end of the transfer window not to be fully prepared. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

There's been a few at the club said they aren't going to sign players just to make up the numbers and that's exactly how we should be approaching this.

That’s all well and good but unfortunately with the time we’ve taken to get players in this summer we’re at the stage where we do need to make up the numbers. It appears from the opening 2 games that Barry has 15/16 players that he trusts and is willing to use and currently 3 of them are injured. Any more injuries and we’ll be screwed. We need players in to make up the numbers, players that Robson will feel comfortable taking on to try to change games if necessary.

6 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

That’s all well and good but unfortunately with the time we’ve taken to get players in this summer we’re at the stage where we do need to make up the numbers. It appears from the opening 2 games that Barry has 15/16 players that he trusts and is willing to use and currently 3 of them are injured. Any more injuries and we’ll be screwed. We need players in to make up the numbers, players that Robson will feel comfortable taking on to try to change games if necessary.

I wouldnt be convinced on the players he trusts. Probably get MacDonald back this week and still not use his subs next time.

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

I wouldnt be convinced on the players he trusts. Probably get MacDonald back this week and still not use his subs next time.

Read earlier that MacDonald was a week away from resuming training in which case he’s likely to still be a few weeks away from being available. But yeah maybe Barry just doesn’t like using subs.

7 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Read earlier that MacDonald was a week away from resuming training in which case he’s likely to still be a few weeks away from being available. But yeah maybe Barry just doesn’t like using subs.

Think Robson said he's back training tomorrow. But that hed need a couple of weeks intense work so probably be St Mirren before we see him in a match day squad. 

So just heard that Devlin was told that we would be playing a back 4 this season. But at the moment the players haven't arrived to do that? Interesting turn of events if that's true?

I don't think it is as he's played 3 at back in the preseason. 

Anyway hopefully a couple in this week would certainly give everyone a boost and hopefully we see MacDonald on Friday and get an answer on Williams