Summer 2023 Transfer Window - the next overhaul

47 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Burrows straight in with the passive/aggressive statement....'signing number nine (bold letters)'

Designed to cut off any observations that we're still 3 or 4 good players away from having a squad that is even close to being able to compete in Europe, never mind challenge at the top of the league. 

Did the majic  NINE, sorry 8  Burrows, were unable to beat  little old Livingston. ???   

• Dildo 1
56 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Burrows straight in with the passive/aggressive statement....'signing number nine (bold letters)'

Designed to cut off any observations that we're still 3 or 4 good players away from having a squad that is even close to being able to compete in Europe, never mind challenge at the top of the league. 

Given from the squad that finished last season we then lost Clarkson*, Shinnie*, Scales, McCrorie, Ramadani, Coulson, Pollock, Roberts, Richardson, Lewis, Gorter, Myslovic, Watkins, Kennedy and Markanady - with just a couple of loans returning in Stewart/Besuijen, then we are still significantly down on numbers/options/quality despite the nine in so far.

* presumably included in AB's signings

9 minutes ago, Nebitdag said:

Given from the squad that finished last season we then lost Clarkson*, Shinnie*, Scales, McCrorie, Ramadani, Coulson, Pollock, Roberts, Richardson, Lewis, Gorter, Myslovic, Watkins, Kennedy and Markanady - with just a couple of loans returning in Stewart/Besuijen, then we are still significantly down on numbers/options/quality despite the nine in so far.

I don’t think we are as far behind as people suggest. Got to hope atleast 1 of the CBs we have taken in is similiar level or better than pollock. Definitely short on a left sided CB. Devlin I think is a half decent replacement for McCrorie and Polvara may come in for Ramadani who knows if he’s going to be effective. The rest we won’t miss. So we are looking at probably scales in some form and an attacking midfielder and I think we are hopefully atleast as strong if not stronger than last season? 

No idea how we are going to fit a 10 into our first 11 though considering we have played 3 at back every game. If we change formation we could all of a sudden have way to many defenders and lacking wingers which is the complete opposite of last summer. 

3 minutes ago, slippers said:

I don’t think we are as far behind as people suggest. Got to hope atleast 1 of the CBs we have taken in is similiar level or better than pollock. Definitely short on a left sided CB. Devlin I think is a half decent replacement for McCrorie and Polvara may come in for Ramadani who knows if he’s going to be effective. The rest we won’t miss. So we are looking at probably scales in some form and an attacking midfielder and I think we are hopefully atleast as strong if not stronger than last season? 

No idea how we are going to fit a 10 into our first 11 though considering we have played 3 at back every game. If we change formation we could all of a sudden have way to many defenders and lacking wingers…

Probably park him in front of the 5 at the back and hope he's got the legs to get forward on to his own long ball.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Schapenneuker said:

Burrows straight in with the passive/aggressive statement....'signing number nine (bold letters)'

Is Alan Burrows @aberdeen1970 ? 😉

• Haha 4
3 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

At this moment in time, both Hearts and Hibs look like they have far stronger squads than us. 

Hearts have their usual 35 man squad, and Hibs look like they've stacked up on forwards (still pish in defence though). 

We on the other hand, can barely find 11 players in the right positions to make a team, and we certainly don't have a 'squad' worthy of the name. 

There was a lot of deserved praise for the club in getting McDonald, Shinnie and Clarkson to sign, but since that we've done virtually nothing....despite it being obvious for months now what's needed. 

Frustrating. 

Hysterical pish.

“Done nothing” apart from sign another 6 players.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, NEM said:

“Done nothing” apart from sign another 6 players.

Of which only Rubezic so far looks like an absolutely certain starter. Possibly Devlin.

Sorry if you think that starting the season with a weaker squad than we ended the last one...and with a weaker squad than our rivals in the league.....is 'hysterical pish'. 

I did start off my post by saying 'at the moment our squad isn't good enough'.....I don't think that can be argued with. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

Controversial one but James McCarthy loan until Christmas could be a good stop gap if we’re looking for a quick ramadani replacement. Out of favour at Celtic.

No thanks.

I think there’s a reason he can’t get anywhere near their first team.

I’d rather have Hatate if he’s out of favour (won’t happen).

Just now, Schapenneuker said:

Of which only Rubezic so far looks like an absolutely certain starter. Possibly Devlin.

Sorry if you think that starting the season with a weaker squad than we ended the last one...and with a weaker squad than our rivals in the league.....is 'hysterical pish'. 

I did start off my post by saying 'at the moment our squad isn't good enough'.....I don't think that can be argued with. 

Devlin is 100% a certain starter. Sokler has looked decent as well.

How do you work that out? 

“At the moment” there’s still weeks left of the transfer window, maybe keep your breeks dry until it closes.

folk certainly need to chill out about not completing the squad for the start of the league season.

9 signings down. 4 or 5 to go. Patience min.

Business will be judged on Sep 2nd and we can also see what the first 5 results were

Big effort has to be source and deal in a central midfielder ready to be one of the best in the league. If we can sign two (a defensive and attacking) then great we can hedge our bets

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, NEM said:

Devlin is 100% a certain starter. Sokler has looked decent as well.

How do you work that out? 

“At the moment” there’s still weeks left of the transfer window, maybe keep your breeks dry until it closes.

Honestly, fuck right off with this patronising pish. 

The season doesn't begin on September 1st, it started last week and we didn't have a shot on target for the 2nd league game in a row. Does anyone think it'll get better on Sunday ?

The squad isn't good enough at this moment in time. Maybe it will be in 4 games time, maybe not. 

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
14 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

I don’t think our squad is currently good enough for where we want to be but I think it is a stretch to say our rivals have better squads. Hibs still have many starters who I wouldn’t want anywhere near our team for example.

1 hour ago, Nebitdag said:

Most of the people who left on that list were hardly getting a game or just shit so doesn’t really matter if they left 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, thurso said:

Most of the people who left on that list were hardly getting a game or just shit so doesn’t really matter if they left 

True - but each one was a wage and a squad member for what was a 46 game season (including the diddy LC group).

This time round it's likely at least a 50-game season with European opposition in there instead.

I certainly am not panicking given there's still three weeks to go, just putting some context on the 'passive aggressive tone' from AB mentioned elsewhere with the bolded nine.

5 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

At this moment in time, both Hearts and Hibs look like they have far stronger squads than us. 

Hearts have their usual 35 man squad, and Hibs look like they've stacked up on forwards (still pish in defence though). 

We on the other hand, can barely find 11 players in the right positions to make a team, and we certainly don't have a 'squad' worthy of the name. 

There was a lot of deserved praise for the club in getting McDonald, Shinnie and Clarkson to sign, but since that we've done virtually nothing....despite it being obvious for months now what's needed. 

Frustrating. 

People on this forum said this about Dundee Utd when they beat Alkmaar 1-0. 1 week later they were skudded 7-0 and went on to be relegated. I concede the squad is not where I want it to be but christ we love to catastrophise

Think the thing most frustration about this transfer window is the lack of names linked to the club, when a name drops it is usually quite late in the signing process, not much to speculate on.

Suppose that either means the club are being very specific about there targets or it has become very tight lipped.

Certainly burrows/Robson seem to allude to immenent transfers, but without names most fans will start pant pishing

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

9th signing, great!

4 more to go assuming only Stewart and Vinnie head

What's your thinking Tord?  I make it a minimum of three..

LCB - Let's assume that's Scales next week after they land that Swedish CB they're after

CM - Replacement for Ramadani

AM - In a world where everything goes our way, would have been Teklic 

....what's your fourth signing?

9 minutes ago, Peedie1 said:

Think the thing most frustration about this transfer window is the lack of names linked to the club, when a name drops it is usually quite late in the signing process, not much to speculate on.

Suppose that either means the club are being very specific about there targets or it has become very tight lipped.

Certainly burrows/Robson seem to allude to immenent transfers, but without names most fans will start pant pishing

I think they have changed stance now. Seem to mention before the end of the window a lot more now than imminent. 

7 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

What's your thinking Tord?  I make it a minimum of three..

LCB - Let's assume that's Scales next week after they land that Swedish CB they're after

CM - Replacement for Ramadani

AM - In a world where everything goes our way, would have been Teklic 

....what's your fourth signing?

Yep, go for that plus a bonus ball signing of a forward player that offers something different? Probably a token EPL loanee?

This most important aspect of the remaining signings is bringing in a central midfielder of a very high calibre who can start every week

• Upvote 5