Summer 2023 Transfer Window - the next overhaul

• 2 weeks later...

• 5 months later...
26 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Looking back on this. Did we make any improvements in this window, any at all?

Even the loan players that we made permanent appear to be just shitter versions of themselves .

Devlin isn’t as good as mccrorie. 
Ruby, Jensen & gartenmann not as good as macdonald, pollock & scales. 
Not existent signing / Barron / polvara not as good as ramadani

permanent Clarkson not as good as loan clarkson

even in the back up department, Gueye and Sokler aren’t as good as watkins

ace

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

ace

Aye, Mowbray & his team made a cunt of the recruitment, & the DoF who signed off on the deals & negotiated the deals should be sacked.

Fucking shambles 

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

ace

I agree with all of above apart from Watkins.  Wasn’t he shite last season? 

59 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, Mowbray & his team made a cunt of the recruitment, & the DoF who signed off on the deals & negotiated the deals should be sacked.

Fucking shambles 

The club employ a recruitment department to find the players. You think gunn should be going against their judgement? While he should definitely take part of the blame it shouldn’t land all on his shoulders. I do wonder how many first choices we missed out on. Jay Idzes was clearly first choice CB. 

1 minute ago, slippers said:

Wasn’t Watkins shite last season? 

The club employ a recruitment department to find the players. You think gunn should be going against their judgement? I wonder how many first choices we missed out on. Jay Idzes was clearly first choice CB. 

Think I saw @minijc saying we’d missed out on a lot of first choice targets, Idzes and Teklic I think were two that were in the public domain 

3 minutes ago, slippers said:

The club employ a recruitment department to find the players. You think gunn should be going against their judgement? While he should definitely take part of the blame it shouldn’t land all on his shoulders. I do wonder how many first choices we missed out on. Jay Idzes was clearly first choice CB. 

If Gunn had the experience and qualities to do his job properly then he would be able to be the leader of the football department that we need and be able to play an active role in its development rather than the passive role that you describe and seem happy for him to perform. 

10 minutes ago, slippers said:

Gunn is supposedly Director of Football.

21 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

He wasn’t great but he offered more than sokler & gueye

doesn't say much however 

65 games over two spells, 6 goals and 6 assists, yeah really set the place a light and earned himself a new deal, fucking hell. 

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, minijc said:

65 games over two spells, 6 goals and 6 assists, yeah really set the place a light and earned himself a new deal, fucking hell. 

You managed to quote my post but did you even read it? 

I’ve literally said he wasn’t great. I’ve not said he set the place alight or earned a new deal. 

strange 

42 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Gunn is supposedly Director of Football.

I think we all know the answer to that question… 

48 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If Gunn had the experience and qualities to do his job properly then he would be able to be the leader of the football department that we need and be able to play an active role in its development rather than the passive role that you describe and seem happy for him to perform. 

Gunn has got the experience to be a DOF. I supported him for a number of years now for obvious reasons. But I think it’s time for him to be changed out. But I do feel like he often gets unfair criticism. He isn’t solely responsible for the recruitment. But he has a say in who’s appointment in the department and if they don’t perform I guess it falls at his door. Although basically every remit is being hit the most important 1 is a million miles away. We are fuking terrible. 

14 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

You managed to quote my post but did you even read it? 

I’ve literally said he wasn’t great. I’ve not said he set the place alight or earned a new deal. 

strange 

You're comparing him to two new signings, one who hasn't even had a chance, the other who has had some game time but not much, just weird.

6 minutes ago, minijc said:

You're comparing him to two new signings, one who hasn't even had a chance, the other who has had some game time but not much, just weird.

It’s not weird. It’s literally the topic that was raised. 

Im replying to the question asking if we strengthened in any areas at all over summer. I mentioned all the starting positions and the fact even our back up forwards have managed to be a downgrade. 

it’s that bad. 

doesn’t mean he’s great though. Matty Kennedy is better than any winger currently at the club but he’s pish. It just shows how bad we are at the moment. 

1 hour ago, slippers said:

I think we all know the answer to that question… 

Gunn has got the experience to be a DOF. I supported him for a number of years now for obvious reasons. But I think it’s time for him to be changed out. But I do feel like he often gets unfair criticism. He isn’t solely responsible for the recruitment. But he has a say in who’s appointment in the department and if they don’t perform I guess it falls at his door. Although basically every remit is being hit the most important 1 is a million miles away. We are fuking terrible. 

What experience do you think Gunn has to be a successful DOF?

What skills does he offer for this?

What do you think his main roles and responsibilities are?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Should be a fairly quiet summer.

just need a new GK, a LB, 2 CBs, a RB, 2 decent CMs, another CF or 2 ,and 2 Wingers 

Hope Thelin has got unlimited minutes on his new UK phone, he's going to need it calling all these agents up

Wonder how much his current club would want for their entire first team 🤣

52 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Should be a fairly quiet summer.

just need a new GK, a LB, 2 CBs, a RB, 2 decent CMs, another CF or 2 ,and 2 Wingers 

Hope Thelin has got unlimited minutes on his new UK phone, he's going to need it calling all these agents up

Need at least 4 decent wingers / wide men that will play at least 45 mins every week to be able to play the way Thelin wants us to. Need to get Morris, Duncan, Vinnie, McGarry and Hayes all to fuck and take in 5 better players that can contribute something.

30 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Need at least 4 decent wingers / wide men that will play at least 45 mins every week to be able to play the way Thelin wants us to. Need to get Morris, Duncan, Vinnie, McGarry and Hayes all to fuck and take in 5 better players that can contribute something.

Hoilett could be worth keeping for a year to bring off the bench. Would mean we only need 3... 

• Dildo 1

thelin, being a non shite manager, will get more out of these guys. we obvs need more players but a little (any) organization and some actual bona fide tactics and we will see improvements. add to that mcinnes wont be at killie much longer and we are 8 from 5th...it really wouldnt take much to be 4th.

1 hour ago, madjockmcferson said:

thelin, being a non shite manager, will get more out of these guys. we obvs need more players but a little (any) organization and some actual bona fide tactics and we will see improvements. add to that mcinnes wont be at killie much longer and we are 8 from 5th...it really wouldnt take much to be 4th.

5 pts off top six in the end up after an utterly horrific season.

If we'd fluked it in the last two matches I'd back this shit show to grab europe in the last 5 matches.

It really does not need much improvement to be respectable

Talk of accepting bottom 6 as Thelin gets his ideas and squad together is a heapo shite