Summer 2023 Transfer Window - the next overhaul

14 hours ago, NEM said:

Hearts are the prime example. Utter shite and coasting third 

We got a lot of points where we were unconvincing.

But far from shite Clark, Kent, Kingsley, Cochrane, Shankland especially have been a grade above the rest of the league. Nieuwenhoff has improved hugely. Notable performances and cameos from Forrest, Oda, Rowles, Atkinson.

I'm getting more upbeat bout Dhanda and Spittal. And Penrice is a sensible addition. Rumours of Phillips. Hoovering the best of the rest for little outlay. 

Leaves majority of our budget for RB, another CH, and a partner for Shankland. 

We'll be over the horizon from you by November 2024. Too much reconstruction needed at both Aberdeen and Hibs.

• Haha 5
  • Dildo 7
7 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

But far from shite Clark, Kent, Kingsley, Cochrane, Shankland especially have been a grade above the rest of the league. Nieuwenhoff has improved hugely. Notable performances and cameos from Forrest, Oda, Rowles, Atkinson.

I'm getting more upbeat bout Dhanda and Spittal. And Penrice is a sensible addition. Rumours of Phillips. Hoovering the best of the rest for little outlay. 

We'll be over the horizon from you by November 2024. Too much reconstruction needed at both Aberdeen and Hibs.

Clark, Kent…would have expected more from Superman. Get wee nasal to install a phone box in the changing room is my advice. 

1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

When did you sign superman?

Bit in bold - usual pish from you.  You've finished above us twice in 12 years.  When spaceship heed goes or reverts to his career average you'll be back fighting relegation again.  Where you belong tbh.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, NEM said:

Bit in bold - usual pish from you.  You've finished above us twice in 12 years.  When spaceship heed goes or reverts to his career average you'll be back fighting relegation again.  Where you belong tbh.

Isn't there a thread about bottom six and how you'll avoid the playoff spot if you can outmanoeuvre Ross County? 🤔 

Didn't you used to have average Shankland, now you've got Gueye? 🤔 

2 hours ago, NEM said:

Hopefully the hun prick disappears over the horizon before November 2024.

In to the Firth of Forth with some concrete slippers on.

57 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Isn't there a thread about bottom six and how you'll avoid the playoff spot if you can outmanoeuvre Ross County? 🤔 

Aye we binned the fat spaceship heeded cunt cause he wasn't good enough.  Gueye was a cheap punt for 4th choice striker, didn't work out so he's away on loan.

Miovski's our top striker and is far superior to the fat hun Larry Shanks

• Upvote 1

With Thelin's gegenpressing tactics and many folk thinking we'll need to change out a lot of players its maybe a positive that Miovski and Duk are likely to be off for some cash. 

Allows us to pinpoint a couple of attackers well suited to the tactics this summer and with a fairly hefty budget to do so.

Sokler, Gueye and Bavidge also kicking about. Send one of them out on loan for first half of season (probably Gueye loan extension?)

Burrows suggesting in his interview that  deals for some players were ready to be done but the players in question wanted to know who the manager would be first before signing - probably wanting to know what league we’ll be in too. Wonder if we’ll see any pre-contract announcements in the coming weeks.

23 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Even an absolutely horrific aberdeen team beat you this season. So don’t get too carried away. We have seen many teams turn around their fortunes in just 1 season. I suspect the league will have a stronger Aberdeen and Hibs(if they sign some decent defenders). You definitely are in pole position but as you know a lot can change if you have a poor window or a shit manager. Time will tell. 

5 minutes ago, slippers said:

Even an absolutely horrific aberdeen team beat you this season. So don’t get too carried away. We have seen many teams turn around their fortunes in just 1 season. I suspect the league will have a stronger Aberdeen and Hibs(if they sign some decent defenders). You definitely are in pole position but as you know a lot can change if you have a poor window or a shit manager. Time will tell. 

The hun prick is best ignored.

4 hours ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Burrows suggesting in his interview that  deals for some players were ready to be done but the players in question wanted to know who the manager would be first before signing - probably wanting to know what league we’ll be in too. Wonder if we’ll see any pre-contract announcements in the coming weeks.

Hopefully the club knew themselves what type of manager they were looking for before trying to sign these players. I’m not convinced they did though

Were they players to fit Thelin style of play or O’Neils, or even Robsons?

2 hours ago, Willo flood said:

Hopefully the club knew themselves what type of manager they were looking for before trying to sign these players. I’m not convinced they did though

Were they players to fit Thelin style of play or O’Neils, or even Robsons?

This is exactly my thoughts as well.    It was a bit of an odd article.  They appear to have produced a list of players without knowing who the manager would be.   Like you said,  I hope this list has been based on players that fit Thelins style or he may very well say he doesn’t want any of them.  Hopefully it’s the former.   

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Kiriakov33 said:

This is exactly my thoughts as well.    It was a bit of an odd article.  They appear to have produced a list of players without knowing who the manager would be.   Like you said,  I hope this list has been based on players that fit Thelins style or he may very well say he doesn’t want any of them.  Hopefully it’s the former.   

Alarm bells ringing a bit with me on this. 

13 hours ago, Kiriakov33 said:

You’d worry they might have signed a number of players who might not suit the new manager until you remember our club leadership are fucking useless and if they say they’ve “agreed” with multiple players it probably means they’ve had a chat with two and one said aye maybe, let’s talk again in summer and the other told them to feck off.

On 4/16/2024 at 11:41 AM, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Spaceship Heed goes and yous are bottom 6 next season. 

On 4/16/2024 at 2:53 PM, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Are hearts fans now fully behind naismith? Is he good tactically? Don’t watch a great deal of them. 

1 minute ago, redone said:

Take a wild guess

I have no idea what you are on about however, would you not find it strange if a manager who has only really used 3 formations, none of which consisting of the 3 at the back just started using it?

6 hours ago, slippers said:

Are hearts fans now fully behind naismith? Is he good tactically? Don’t watch a great deal of them. 

He's won over doubters who like me were unimpressed by a novice in-house manager.

We've become hard to score against. We've addressed our away form to the point it's actually now historically significant it's that good.

He is decent with the media. And was an exceptional player for us.

He seems to take big decisions like emptying our dressing room of bad apples. And he seems to develop and improve signings, not all, but most. And has created a great team spirit.

The next challenges are our head to heads with that pair, landing a cup, and Europe. But he'll need financial backing.

I know he's hugely ambitious. The Rangers fans don't like him, so ultimately it'll be England. As soon as his stock is high enough, he'll be off to a Norwich, etc.

Next season I think he'll look to be more expansive and early signings of Spittal and Dhanda already focusing on the AMF area and hole behind the CF.

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

He's won over doubters who like me were unimpressed by a novice in-house manager.

We've become hard to score against. We've addressed our away form to the point it's actually now historically significant it's that good.

He is decent with the media. And was an exceptional player for us.

He seems to take big decisions like emptying our dressing room of bad apples. And he seems to develop and improve signings, not all, but most. And has created a great team spirit.

The next challenges are our head to heads with that pair, landing a cup, and Europe. But he'll need financial backing.

I know he's hugely ambitious. The Rangers fans don't like him, so ultimately it'll be England. As soon as his stock is high enough, he'll be off to a Norwich, etc.

Next season I think he'll look to be more expansive and early signings of Spittal and Dhanda already focusing on the AMF area and hole behind the CF.

Good that it’s historically significant to a side that’s been relegated 5 times. 

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

Good that it’s historically significant to a side that’s been relegated 5 times. 

How was their away form when they were playing the likes of Arbroath, Alloa, Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton?  Historically significant? 😂