Alan Burrows

1 hour ago, Dunty said:

I thought we had brought in Stephen McCormack, former Red Ultras fella who is behind all the flag displays. Then weeks later it looked like his job was being advertised.

Anyone who knows about Paul Hendry knows he is a cancer for the fan side of things.

Cormack and Burrows both came in with big plans and failed miserably to get him in line. McCormick can only ask for permission from Hendry and believe me he gets a thrill from rejecting plans for made up reasons. 

Pittodrie would be a much better place if Hendry bit the dust. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, Dunty said:

I dunno, that's a different topic, but if we've employed a fan engagement person and within weeks he'd quit, it's not good news.

Stephen McCormick has not quit, in fact he’s on the interview panel for the fan engagement executive positions.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, huncunts said:

Anyone who knows about Paul Hendry knows he is a cancer for the fan side of things.

Cormack and Burrows both came in with big plans and failed miserably to get him in line. McCormick can only ask for permission from Hendry and believe me he gets a thrill from rejecting plans for made up reasons. 

Why not sack him?

• Upvote 1
On 3/1/2024 at 8:10 AM, Roberto said:

Paul Hendry doesn't like fun at the club.

You can't wave that flag.

You can't do this, you can't do that. Don't sing, don't stand.

We need a proper proper clear out of dinosaurs.

The Red Shed seem to be allowed to wave huge flags , sing non-stop and stand the whole time without any interference.

So is it the kids game where one of them has to copy what the other one does when he says “Do this!” ….but stay still when the other one says “Do that!” …..is that what this mannie Hendry’s clamping down on ?

Away fans get to bring in big fucking drums and can make as much noise as they want. 

Let the red shed have their flags and let them make as much noise as they want. Folk go in there for that vibe, there are other parts of the stadium if folk don't like that type of thing. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Let the red shed have their flags and let them make as much noise as they want. Folk go in there for that vibe, there are other parts of the stadium if folk don't like that type of thing. 

Lower RDS is the worst atmosphere I've experienced. 😫 

12 minutes ago, redone said:

The Red Shed seem to be allowed to wave huge flags , sing non-stop and stand the whole time without any interference.

So is it the kids game where one of them has to copy what the other one does when he says “Do this!” ….but stay still when the other one says “Do that!” …..is that what this mannie Hendry’s clamping down on ?

Manny Hendry is a pleb.

I can't be arsed getting into it cause it's been done so often on this forum.

And... I've far more interesting shit going on today, like where I'm going to go for my dinner later.

22 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Away fans get to bring in big fucking drums and can make as much noise as they want.

This. Why you'd want to do anything at all to accommodate the away fans that visit your ground is beyond me.

Stick them in the worst part of the ground, uncovered preferably and block their view with fences and stewards and don't let them bring anything in at all that might add to their atmosphere. Give them shite facilities inside the ground and a good hiding on the way back to their busses. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

This. Why you'd want to do anything at all to accommodate the away fans that visit your ground is beyond me.

Stick them in the worst part of the ground, uncovered preferably and block their view with fences and stewards and don't let them bring anything in at all that might add to their atmosphere. Give them shite facilities inside the ground and a good hiding on the way back to their busses. 

They had those kids in playing northern lights with the brass instruments the other week against Hibs.  They stuck them up in the corner of the upper RDS and didn't even mic them up. 

Meanwhile they let the Hibs drummer drown them out by playing his drum throughout. 

22 hours ago, huncunts said:

Cormack and Burrows both came in with big plans and failed miserably to get him in line. McCormick can only ask for permission from Hendry and believe me he gets a thrill from rejecting plans for made up reasons.

Such as ….?

2 hours ago, Roberto said:

Manny Hendry is a pleb.

I can't be arsed getting into it cause it's been done so often on this forum.

And... I've far more interesting shit going on today, like where I'm going to go for my dinner later.

So why fucking make the effort of posting in the first place then?

6 minutes ago, Dunty said:

So why fucking make the effort of posting in the first place then?

Cause when I posted I was fucking going to fucking get into it... now fucking I fucking can't be fucking arsed cause its fucking Saturday and fucking.

• 4 weeks later...

Burrows seems like a decent lad, and he’s had his personal issues recently that I can identify with, but there’s something about the way he speaks, or moreso the expressions that he uses - optics, lens, prism etc - that makes it difficult to take to him. I like my information in plain form, good old 20th century speak.

Cormack clearly pushed him in front of the cameras today when in fact, a statement would have sufficed cos he told us feck all. 

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Burrows seems like a decent lad, and he’s had his personal issues recently that I can identify with, but there’s something about the way he speaks, or moreso the expressions that he uses - optics, lens, prism etc - that makes it difficult to take to him. I like my information in plain form, good old 20th century speak.

Cormack clearly pushed him in front of the cameras today when in fact, a statement would have sufficed cos he told us feck all. 

If the club had only sent out a statement they'd have been accused of hiding by some.  Fronting up to be interviewed, albeit to the club's own channel, was decent.

I don't have any issues with Burrows. Dave offered him a good opportunity and he took it.  He sees football the way a fan sees it because that's what he is, a football fan. He isn't from a business background and he's never played the game.  He doesn't come across as a man with an agenda, a massive ego, or any axe to grind in the way that some ex-players/coaches or owners/business people do.

But hey, I've only ever really seen him in TV interviews, I've never met or spoken to him in person.  Maybe folk who have might have a different opinion.

• Upvote 2

He should be sacked. He is an amiable enough guy for a weegie but he is absolutely out of his depth.

Too much sentimentality is on display when it comes to Burrows. Yes he's had a bit of sadness in his personal life but haven't we all. You plough on and you don't keep people in post out of pity.

Root and branch changes are needed at our club and he's one that has to go. 

• Dildo 2
1 minute ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

He should be sacked. He is an amiable enough guy for a weegie but he is absolutely out of his depth.

Too much sentimentality is on display when it comes to Burrows. Yes he's had a bit of sadness in his personal life but haven't we all. You plough on and you don't keep people in post out of pity.

Root and branch changes are needed at our club and he's one that has to go. 

Completely agree. It’s clear to see he’s way out of his depth. He’ll be on a six figure salary. He looks like a man that knows he’s blagging it. From his business jargon waffle that has no substance to his terrible cheap Burtons outfit. Not to mention the hair gel. Nobody has worn hair gel in at least 15 years.

5 minutes ago, ferlaytio said:

Completely agree. It’s clear to see he’s way out of his depth. He’ll be on a six figure salary. He looks like a man that knows he’s blagging it. From his business jargon waffle that has no substance to his terrible cheap Burtons outfit. Not to mention the hair gel. Nobody has worn hair gel in at least 15 years.

I think someone covered it above, he’s basically one of us, a football fan who got lucky. This meant he built up a decent following in his role at Motherwell because he seemed normal, which fans like.  

being frank he was out his depth at fucking Motherwell but he mastered social media and managed to make it look like things that went wrong weren’t his fault. 

the difference at Aberdeen is the size of our club overall but specifically on social media compared to Motherwell. With his mental health challenges it’s a brutal combination come winter and there’s no escape. 

He’s not going to walk, all of us have probably been in jobs at times we knew we couldn’t do properly but you just blag it as long as you can. 

• Like 1

It’s remarkable that when things get shit enough people just want absolutely every cunt sacked, immediately.

Burrows is finding his feet and has come into a club that’s an absolute shambles at the top.

Cormack is the big issue that needs sorted - by the man himself unfortunately.

Gunn seems the obvious other major problem, nothing personal but he has the most important role at the whole club and doesn’t appear to be capable of doing it.

Then I guess I’d question what Garner and Milne are really adding to the FMB. Not much I expect.

All of that is far more concerning to me than Burrows. Just keep in mind who he has to work with and give the guy a break.

• Upvote 2