Alan Burrows

2 hours ago, minijc said:

That didn't come out of the budget, that was a bit extra put in by him, shame the manager was unprofessional and didn't give the player a proper chance despite looking good in training.

Mmm ..I thought managers built teams not chairmen.Different times but imagine Dick Donald taking in a player over the head of Fergie...

16 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Mmm ..I thought managers built teams not chairmen.Different times but imagine Dick Donald taking in a player over the head of Fergie...

It's not as deep as that Ernie, it probably went something along the lines of

"Darak there's a player we've been tipped off about, we can sign him for this, has good potential and he plays a position where we can improve on, if we sign him I'll make sure we go the extra mile to get in one of the players you've identified" 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

After 7 seasons of 4th minimum, but 2nd more than 4th,  plus countless semis and finals?

All the above bringing in record prize money and gates?

Record player sales under his tutelage?

Debt cleared, owing to his stabilising of the club, giving the Donalds the confidence to step in?

Would have been a scandal if his budget wasn't increased 

Imagine he could spend it how he wanted?

And not be lumbered with hornby,  kamberi and hendry, or hernandez

Makes you cry thinking about 

The debt clearing by the Donalds can't be claimed by your hero Derek

37 minutes ago, minijc said:

It's not as deep as that Ernie, it probably went something along the lines of

"Darak there's a player we've been tipped off about, we can sign him for this, has good potential and he plays a position where we can improve on, if we sign him I'll make sure we go the extra mile to get in one of the players you've identified" 

Mm it's all hypothetical of course but how would an amateur like Cormacks football judgment on a player come before an experienced manager?At the end of the day £800k was spent by Cormack on Hernandez while Cormack wouldn't back Mcinnes on the player he had identified to replace Cosgrove,a player he had bought for £50 k and sold for £2m.There wasn't a good working relationship between then and that ultimately led to Mcinnes and Docherty being sacked.And now the next 3 managers have been sacked too.

8 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Mm it's all hypothetical of course but how would an amateur like Cormacks football judgment on a player come before an experienced manager?At the end of the day £800k was spent by Cormack on Hernandez while Cormack wouldn't back Mcinnes on the player he had identified to replace Cosgrove,a player he had bought for £50 k and sold for £2m.There wasn't a good working relationship between then and that ultimately led to Mcinnes and Docherty being sacked.And now the next 3 managers have been sacked too.

Just shut the fuck up Ernie you boring bastard.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Dildo 1
9 hours ago, ERNIE said:

Seems strange though to judge Mcinnes on his last few games with us when he and Cormack obviously didn't agree and Cormack wanted to take in his own manager and not with Mcinnes record over 8 years which in my book said he was a good or very good manager for Aberdeen if not a great one.Then after that take a look at what Mcinnes has achieved at Kilmarnock and what Cormack s chairmanship has achieved at Aberdeen since he sacked Mcinnes..

I liked McInnes. He's gone though and a lot of our fans need to get over it. 

1 minute ago, Dynamo said:

I liked McInnes. He's gone though and a lot of our fans need to get over it. 

I liked McInnes as well and he did a lot of good things in the early years, however his time was up by the end and the fact Cormack has screwed up the last three manager appointments doesn't mean he was wrong to move on from McInnes when he did

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, Don Shula said:

I liked McInnes as well and he did a lot of good things in the early years, however his time was up by the end and the fact Cormack has screwed up the last three manager appointments doesn't mean he was wrong to move on from McInnes when he did

He screwed up mcinnes THEN got the next 3 wrong too

Horrendous tenure so far for him

28 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He screwed up mcinnes THEN got the next 3 wrong too

Horrendous tenure so far for him

No he really didn't. Too many people with too short memories as to the eye-bleeding football we had been playing for quite a while in the latter McInnes years. Too many dreadful signings, he was just worn down being Aberdeen manager, the change did him good as well. Don't get me wrong I loved watching his teams in the first 4-5 years under him but the older he got the more cautious he got and that ultimately was his undoing with the majority of the fans. Eight years is a long time at one club these days and he just got stale.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Don Shula said:

No he really didn't. Too many people with too short memories as to the eye-bleeding football we had been playing for quite a while in the latter McInnes years. Too many dreadful signings, he was just worn down being Aberdeen manager, the change did him good as well. Don't get me wrong I loved watching his teams in the first 4-5 years under him but the older he got the more cautious he got and that ultimately was his undoing with the majority of the fans. Eight years is a long time at one club these days and he just got stale.

You mean, when cormack came in then?

We're in agreement 

1 hour ago, Don Shula said:

We played some cracking football in the first half of his last season sadly the second half wasn’t great when our attackers got injured or were sold. 
That gave the mccinnes haters the ammunition to very loudly voice their disapproval and he got sacked. 

• Upvote 2
On 2/25/2024 at 6:07 PM, Schapenneuker said:

I would suggest that it's more because from the day he set foot in the club, and decided he was the messiah and his job was to appease the fuckwits by sacking McInnes and promising them the earth, he's made a series of utterly cack decisions which has led to the point that we're at now. 

Just a suggestion.

It's a bit unfair blaming the board for being obliged to react to the  horde of numpties who were baying for Mcinnes's blood. They turned the place toxic and created an impression they were a much larger group. A lot of people on here seem to have a strange view of how a board works. If Cormack really was a dictator he doesn't need a massive board. And he would want the world to see he was the only voice that mattered. That just isn't the case. From the little that I know from people closer to the issue it's a large collaborative effort with a lot of people trying their best. Ok the Chairman and still Stuart Milne have to call the shots ultimately because it's their money at serious risk. We spent more this summer on building a squad that at any time in the past. It hasn't gone the way we all hoped. That's football - their are far bigger clubs than us spending far more money who have been through the same thing.

11 minutes ago, thurso said:

We played some cracking football in the first half of his last season sadly the second half wasn’t great when our attackers got injured or were sold. 
That gave the mccinnes haters the ammunition to very loudly voice their disapproval and he got sacked. 

The season before in which we ended with 2 wins in 10 (including 1 against Hamilton) must have been the fault of Hedges et al leaving too ...

1 hour ago, RedRevolution said:

It's a bit unfair blaming the board for being obliged to react to the  horde of numpties who were baying for Mcinnes's blood. They turned the place toxic and created an impression they were a much larger group. A lot of people on here seem to have a strange view of how a board works. If Cormack really was a dictator he doesn't need a massive board. And he would want the world to see he was the only voice that mattered. That just isn't the case. From the little that I know from people closer to the issue it's a large collaborative effort with a lot of people trying their best. Ok the Chairman and still Stuart Milne have to call the shots ultimately because it's their money at serious risk. We spent more this summer on building a squad that at any time in the past. It hasn't gone the way we all hoped. That's football - their are far bigger clubs than us spending far more money who have been through the same thing.

This idea we spent more money on building a squad at the start of the season is just not true. The transfer fees received for McCrorie and Ramadani and the additional money from the McKenna transfer was greater than the money spent on the present squad. Add the European money and the club have a healthy balance sheet and a poor product on the pitch.

30 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

What’s the point of the endless discussion about McInnes? Is it to make a point about Cormack? I think we know his tenure has been extremely poor. 

Not sure why the downvote @Millertime it was a genuine question. I’m curious as to the point of ongoing discussion about McInnes. Why? 

3 hours ago, Don Shula said:

Eye bleeding football. Have you seen the state of us the last 3 seasons??  

6 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

As I said in an earlier post just because Cormack screwed up on the last three manager appointments that doesn’t mean he was wrong to part ways with McInnes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

In our defence it was difficult as a fan to imagine our board could find managers capable of playing even worse football than mcinnes but here we are.

7 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

Not sure why the downvote @Millertime it was a genuine question. I’m curious as to the point of ongoing discussion about McInnes. Why? 

If you look, it's only in response to people denigrating him

How he can be slagged or belittled,  by any supposed fan of our club is mental

He should have a statue beside SAFs

Not a big one obviously, maybe a gnome size, but a statue none the less

• Haha 8
  • Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, Millertime said:

If you look, it's only in response to people denigrating him

How he can be slagged or belittled,  by any supposed fan of our club is mental

He should have a statue beside SAFs

Not a big one obviously, maybe a gnome size, but a statue none the less

One of those stone heart things you get at graves. Normally a relative but not a direct spouse /sibling. Well respected but not the main attraction of the graveside. 

image001.png

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Don Shula said:

As I said in an earlier post just because Cormack screwed up on the last three manager appointments that doesn’t mean he was wrong to part ways with McInnes. 

Tbh I think it does.It also raises the point that a good manager couldn't work with Cormack.Lets face it we wouldn't be having this debate if Cormack had brought in a better or even equal manager .

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That's a brilliant idea.  Garden gnomes of previous managers and players at Cormack Park sounds like a plan! 

A couple of them would likely end up getting a game for us in central defence ahead of Gartenmann and Jensen.

They'd be stronger in the air than either of them and probably more mobile too