20 minutes ago, RUL said:

Clarkson has been absolutely dreadful this season, don’t know what’s happening 

Yesterday he was trying to hard when he came on. Felt like becuase he was only limited to 25 mins he was playing that World Cup pass every time to try and impress and losing it almost every time. Not sure what the excuse is when he starts games other than playing as a defensive mid isn’t suited to his passing game imo although it did work when Rama was here as he did a lot of the defensive work. 

6 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Robson has to take a portion of the blame as Clarkson’s game isn’t launching 60 yard balls up to Duk.Play him further forward with Barron as a DM and let him pick the passes into Duk and Miovski we all know he is capable of.

Na but he got 7 wins on the bounce last season.  Robson is the Messiah.

9 minutes ago, slippers said:

Yesterday he was trying to hard when he came on. Felt like becuase he was only limited to 25 mins he was playing that World Cup pass every time to try and impress and losing it almost every time. Not sure what the excuse is when he starts games other than playing as a defensive mid isn’t suited to his passing game imo although it did work when Rama was here as he did a lot of the defensive work. 

Also think he was trying to impress in the advanced role to show Robson that he should be playing there and not further back collecting the ball from the defence.

Have to admit Barron has been a surprise and has shown the improvements to his game that I expected last season. 

I think it's easier to play defensive midfield than forward because more of the space is in front of you. This allows a good passer to spray the ball into good areas and also allows you to drive into spaces in front of you. However, if your confidence is shot to pieces it doesn't matter where you play, you'll be found wanting.

Good form which is essential on the basis we didn't replace Ramadani.

I'd give him until 1st January to sign a new deal. If he refuses buy a replacement with the Rama money/the compensation money we will be getting in summer and stick him in the reserves for the last 6 months of his contract. He shouldn't be playing past January if he isn't staying.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
5 hours ago, slippers said:

We're not playing a CDM though, clearly. He's being used a deep lying midfielder but not to defend.

47 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

I think Burrows hinted at a new deal for Barron on Monday evening at the DNA Q&A.

I think there has been a change in his attitude over the last month so I hope that's linked to Barron, his advisors and the club having kissed and made up

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I think there has been a change in his attitude over the last month so I hope that's linked to Barron, his advisors and the club having kissed and made up

Was mentioned on here a couple of months ago he changed agents. Hopefully getting better advice now.

9 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I now believe he will sign a new deal. Now that he’s realised no other clubs bigger than us are interested. 

I actually hope he does as well. He looks to be a much better player than he was. Even compared to his ‘purple patch’ when he stood out in a dreadful team

Incorrect.