6 hours ago, Sheep Shagger said:

Surely the penny will finally drop in Barron's head today.

If Clarkson signs because he sees this as a good career move. He wants games. He wants to play in Europe, better himself as a player then probably be ready to move onto a bigger club/bigger wages.

All the things Barron can't see. Sad, really.

They can't play in the same side, IMO. 

Too similar. 

Interesting to see what he does in the next two months.

Weird one now, compared to last summer, for the club as his value across this window and the next two is probably roughly the same so there is little incentive to sell.

Will he finally sign a new deal, move this summer or everyone leaves it for another window?

36 minutes ago, CCB III said:

They can't play in the same side, IMO. 

Too similar. 

Odd definition of similar considering one is a lazy limited player who has bought in to the delusion that he was better than us and the other is a hungry talented midfield dynamo who is going to very far and win us trophies 

• Upvote 1

That’s my thought too (but I’ll defer to those who have seen more of him than I).  There’s bound to be a role for the 75 minute sub once we’re cruising 2-0.  Use him to rotate and protect particularly Clarkson, Ramadani and, hopefully, Shinnie.

And let’s be honest, not the worst three to be learning from.  That’s the role we need filled by someone.

And yes, by cruising 2-0 I of course mean 1-0 and holding on by our fingertips.  Point stands.

46 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Odd definition of similar considering one is a lazy limited player who has bought in to the delusion that he was better than us and the other is a hungry talented midfield dynamo who is going to very far and win us trophies 

Similar style, obviously Clarkson is streets ahead. 

• 2 months later...

He played about 10 good games for us and his agent must have told him clubs were looking at him so don’t sign, he gets an injury and we take in Clarkson, clubs won’t be sitting waiting on a 21 year old who hasn’t played in over a year and now can’t sign for another 6 months. Badly advised by agent and parents who saw pound signs, he should have signed up like Ferguson and at least got the club a few quid 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He needs to get his head down and force his way back into the team. 

It's in his and our best interests that he does so whether he's leaving next summer or not. 

He needs us and we need him this season. 

He’s not good enough. 
Slow as fuck & too easily swatted aside as he’s so small.

If we’re having to play him in big games, we’re struggling 

1 hour ago, RAZOR said:

Hopefully getting better advice. Young, local lad at the end of the day.

Yes, really liked Connor Barrin when he first came through the youth team and that Scottish Cup debut v Edinburgh City that Dave Cormack so kindly gave us free after two and a half years no games but still full charge to retain my season ticket seat !!

• Dildo 1
  • 4 weeks later...