36 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

Didn’t impress in the short time he was on Wednesday night 

if his post with Matty Kennedy “ the last dance “ is true then I won’t miss both of them 

got too big for his midget sized boots , so similar a situation as Ryan Fraser 

Fraser at least had the talent to go with his dodgy attitude.

Barron doesn’t.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think a lot of people underestimate Barron, and that might be because they dislike his attitude, understandably.

He was off the pace because he hasn't been playing, not because he isn't good enough. 

He's probably gone backwards because of his lack of playing time at a crucial point in his development, and whether he can catch back up fully is debatable.

Personally don't give one fuck if he stays or goes, but if he stays he has the potential... or had the potential... to be a solid team player. But I disagree with the idea he's shit or that he's not up to our standard.

• Upvote 3
50 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I think a lot of people underestimate Barron, and that might be because they dislike his attitude, understandably.

He was off the pace because he hasn't been playing, not because he isn't good enough. 

He's probably gone backwards because of his lack of playing time at a crucial point in his development, and whether he can catch back up fully is debatable.

Personally don't give one fuck if he stays or goes, but if he stays he has the potential... or had the potential... to be a solid team player. But I disagree with the idea he's shit or that he's not up to our standard.

Is this where we miss the old reserve side to put him into?See he has been chosen again for Scotland u 21 as well...

2 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

if his post with Matty Kennedy “ the last dance “ is true then I won’t miss both of them 

Agree with that. A few first team games and he thinks he is better than he is.

He should have looked at Lewis Ferguson over the last few years. A perfect pathway/role model for him.

• Upvote 1

I think a player like barron might be worth keeping on next season, he is a decent option off the bench and a squad player. Given we could be playing in Europe reckon we will need a few extra bodies to cope with injuries.... 

Case in point hearts this season Had soo many injuries with european football

25 minutes ago, Peedie1 said:

I think a player like barron might be worth keeping on next season, he is a decent option off the bench and a squad player. Given we could be playing in Europe reckon we will need a few extra bodies to cope with injuries.... 

Yeah but that's all irrelevant if the player doesn't want to be here

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, JakieBastard said:

Yeah but that's all irrelevant if the player doesn't want to be here

Exactly. I think there’s also a big difference between wanting to move on and simply not wanting to be here.

You compare that to the likes of Ferguson who was keen on a move to Watford but still gave 100% every week when it didn’t happen and was one of the first names on the team sheet.

Find it hard to believe he has trained well when he couldn’t clock up any minutes for months despite a very thin squad. 

The thing he doesn’t seem to grasp is if he knuckled down with us for 1.5 years he could have put in some good performances in Europe, gained 50+ games and really improved his profile. Time will tell but seems like the advice he’s getting is very poor. 

1 hour ago, Peedie1 said:

Why? He look’s disinterested and has played shite when selected

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Hoofball said:

Why? He look’s disinterested and has played shite when selected

He’s been effected by the backlash I think. People DM’ing him abuse etc. not ideal for a young lad. 

I believe their is still a player in their but if we get a decent offer for him it’s prob best for both parties to let him go. 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

no similarity with fraser at all.

fraser was 18 and keeping Jonny Hayes out of the team. Hayes turned out to probably be one of the best signings we’ve made in the last 25 years. 

barron can’t get a game

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2023 at 10:45 AM, thurso said:

He’s more than good enough for our first team

He's not.

How much proof do you need from his showings this season?

Been dreadful each and very time he has been on the pitch.

On 5/22/2023 at 5:27 PM, Redtaz2 said:

Has the club withdrawn that offer now

I hope to fuck they have.

He's proved himself to be of little use to us.

On 5/29/2023 at 10:28 PM, Hoppy said:

It's weird how we appear to have a great chance of resigning Clarkson, but we can't get Barron extended.  What an odious little shit he must be.

There's a good point in there.

A much better player than Barron (Clarkson) has been willing to give his everything for our team and is considering doing the same again - in full knowledge that he has to play and really prove his ability before he can expect bigger financial rewards elsewhere.

While it appears Barron can't even be arsed putting it all in for his current club enough to actually prove he's a good prospect and earn those bigger financial rewards. Just wants it handed to him on a plate.

I would've thought Barron would be the type of player Robson would like - gets about the pitch, high energy, aggressive, technically good, and could be further improved with good coaching and experience etc. However, if as a lot of folk on here seem to suggest, his attitude is not good, then I'm pretty sure Robson won't want him around. His performances when coming on as a sub etc haven't been amazing, but he has been injured a fair bit this season. Is the perceived bad attitude mainly based on the fact he hasn't signed a new deal? Seems a bit like all the press he was getting towards the end of the previous season went to his head a bit in terms of thinking he was destined for a big money move very quickly.

4 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

He's not.

How much proof do you need from his showings this season?

Been dreadful each and very time he has been on the pitch.

I hope to fuck they have.

He's proved himself to be of little use to us.

Iv seen more than enough of him to know he’s a good player and better than most we have in our squad 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

I would've thought Barron would be the type of player Robson would like - gets about the pitch, high energy, aggressive, technically good, and could be further improved with good coaching and experience etc. However, if as a lot of folk on here seem to suggest, his attitude is not good, then I'm pretty sure Robson won't want him around. His performances when coming on as a sub etc haven't been amazing, but he has been injured a fair bit this season. Is the perceived bad attitude mainly based on the fact he hasn't signed a new deal? Seems a bit like all the press he was getting towards the end of the previous season went to his head a bit in terms of thinking he was destined for a big money move very quickly.

Maybe a fresh start from the management team next year?

Then it's really up to the player to take that chance and play with some honesty.

• Upvote 2

Hi Mr Agent.

it’s Conor.

Conor…..

Conor Barron, remember you told me I was your top priority?!!!

yes.  well I was just wondering, remember you told me about that playing hardball stuff.  About how I was likely the best midfield option they would get.  Remember you joked about “unless Wigan pull a rabbit out of a hat” my Kelty experience would see me right.

I was just wondering how that was going for you?  I mean me.

Hello?  Are you still there?

• Haha 2