1 hour ago, jamiesd said:

One half decent game and we are in talks.  We have already made a mistake with Mackenzie like this........no rush.

Ŵell any contract is of some risk.Who knows?If we dont sign him now and wait it might be too late.Regarding Mckenzie he is clearly not a first pick at present but we need cover and again who knows?He might improve with time and experience like Considine.

1 minute ago, ERNIE said:

Ŵell any contract is of some risk.Who knows?If we dont sign him now and wait it might be too late.Regarding Mckenzie he is clearly not a first pick at present but we need cover and again who knows?He might improve with time and experience like Considine.

Should still get compo.  Personally i don't think they are at the level required unless the level is bottom 6.

Ok there was just a little line in an article I just read about the contract talks restarting that paints his refusal to sign before in a different light.

Apparently Goodwin wanted him to sign a new contract on LESSER terms than he was on!? ffs no wonder he didn't sign.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/connor-barron-fresh-aberdeen-contract-31034744

18 minutes ago, a don in oz said:

Ok there was just a little line in an article I just read about the contract talks restarting that paints his refusal to sign before in a different light.

Apparently Goodwin wanted him to sign a new contract on LESSER terms than he was on!? ffs no wonder he didn't sign.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/connor-barron-fresh-aberdeen-contract-31034744

His agent and Goodwin didn’t get on after the Consi debacle so I wouldn’t take that as gospel

28 minutes ago, a don in oz said:

The article might be trying to say lesser terms than he's being offered now?

I recall Goodwin saying he wanted him to sign a new contract to extend his deal and so he could earn a fairer wage at the time.

28 minutes ago, a don in oz said:

You believe that rag? This is the same paper which will link Bojan to a move away from us before we meet Sevco this weekend. 

• Dildo 1
4 hours ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

Aye! seeing Ferguson and Ramadani go for successful money moves to Italy he might be reconsidering pushing a move so early in his career. 

He’ll be away to some higher level league 1 team probably. Portsmouth or derby or something. Then cut about at that / mid low championship level. The Jack grimmer / fraser fyvie early departure type career. 

or stay with us a few seasons, get his head in the game and make a move like ramsay, mckenna, Ferguson 

1 hour ago, Sheeptastic said:

The article might be trying to say lesser terms than he's being offered now?

I recall Goodwin saying he wanted him to sign a new contract to extend his deal and so he could earn a fairer wage at the time.

Goodwin liked to tell wee lies tho. His idea of a fairer wage was to probably offer him less money but his Irish tones would hypnotise Barron into signing