1 hour ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

Jack when he strung us along. 
Some list there. Fraser was the only one to go onto a successful career leaving us so early. 
I was looking forward to seeing Pirie play in the first team. It’s been a while since we developed a good forward from our academy. 

Pirie, aye that’s the one. 
played half a dozen games for Leeds U18’s so far (not really that many considering level/age group)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lewis-pirie/profil/spieler/1049891

seems he’s doing ‘ok’ for them 3 goals 1 assist in his 6 games. 

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/young-leeds-united-striker-hits-goalscoring-form-after-transfer-as-scouting-success-continues-lewis-pirie-4386768

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

What is it with the unwritten rule about pre-contract being from 1 January onwards.

Pre-contracts can be discussed/signed in the last six months of a players contract so that can be December if their end date is earlier than 30th June hence how Livvie signed one the other day.

6 months earlier than 30th June is December 31st. In practice, they actually end at 11.59.59 on June 30th so to all intents and purposes, it's 1st January that is the earliest they can sign the pre-contract.

Players can start talking to other clubs a month before the next transfer window opens but they can't sign the pre-contract until 6 months or less before their current contract ends.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The only thing that doesn't add up with the Barron rumours is the length of time it's gone on for. 

If someone tapped him up 18 months ago when he was first offered a new contract by us then it's a pretty big leap of faith on both sides to informally agree you'll sign for compensation in 2 years time from that point. 

I'd wager whoever first tapped him up probably isn't interested

However think he'll be off and the shit Robson has us playing its not a shock he's away

That's the thing. The reason we talk about our midfield so much is that there's not one of them played well enough this season to nail down a starting position in most people's minds. 

If Barron was playing well consistently then he would be starting, contract talks or not. 

There are things I like about him though, he's willing to play short passes into feet to keep possession and he normally likes to move the ball quickly, something our other midfielders haven't excelled at at. 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That's the thing. The reason we talk about our midfield so much is that there's not one of them played well enough this season to nail down a starting position in most people's minds. 

If Barron was playing well consistently then he would be starting, contract talks or not. 

There are things I like about him though, he's willing to play short passes into feet to keep possession and he normally likes to move the ball quickly, something our other midfielders haven't excelled at at. 

Agreed but Robson has a weird way of picking a team and drops players after the have a good spell.

Barron, Sokler, McDonald and Milne being prime examples.

13 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

He's not signed anything we anyone. But as I said previously there's been contact we clubs, he wants to stay but do the club want him ( if I'm honest I don't think he would go to Rangers, it's not worth the hassle) 

What a daft comment

Explain "do the club want him"

What's that even supposed to mean

• Upvote 1

I genuinely don't feel there's any indication from Barron he wants to stay.

Going back a year or so there was an offer on the table from Aberdeen which he was too busy to sign as he was concentrating on his football. Though fortunately (thank the Gods!) Barron did find time in his heavy schedule to ink a sponsorship deal with Adidas.

His head was turned by talk of Celtic interest, since which nothing's changed. If Barron doesn't have a club lined up, he's holding out on one coming in.

He's a talent, i'd love him to want to stay. But the only way he does is if we're his last best option. And we're no-one's consolation prize. Withdraw the contract offer, take whatever fee/compensation is on offer. There'll always be another Barron.

Who’s to say the real reason he’s not signing is because the deal that he’s being offered by the club is sh*te ?

He could end up playing in English league 1 or 2 and be earning more.

If your employer offers you a salary that you don’t feel is worthy of your talent and you know you can get 4 or 5 times the money elsewhere, are you going to hang around ?

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Does it though?

snake was captain of a team who were playing very good football for years. 

barron can’t get a game for an awful side 

All rumours of him leaving whilst Aberdeen were saying we have offered him a new deal. He had signed for Sevco a long time before he announced it publicly.  
Feels like the player and club know the situation without telling the fans so we don’t turn on him. Lack of game time could be the team getting used to life without him. 

24 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

All rumours of him leaving whilst Aberdeen were saying we have offered him a new deal. He had signed for Sevco a long time before he announced it publicly.  
Feels like the player and club know the situation without telling the fans so we don’t turn on him. Lack of game time could be the team getting used to life without him. 

He genuinely hasn't agreed to move anywhere

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

We’ve been used to life without him forever. He’s not even a first 11 player and there’s people on here losing their mind he’s leaving.