What Advice Would You Have Given Your Younger Self?

Personally I would have told the 18 year old skint me 40 years ago to borrow money from a family member and go to Gothenburg. 

I'd been to all the home games up to, and including, the semi final but didn't have the cash to pay for the trip to Gothenburg. 

Big regret that the older me struggles to understand even now. 

Probably a crap example of looking back on the decision making of youth but I am sure that the good folk on the Hat have far better yarns to tell.

Just now, Ten Caat said:

Become a PE teacher and not a nurse.

Don't marry the ex-wife. You knew it was the wrong thing to do yet you still went through with it.

Regret the ex-wife big time, but then wouldn't have the 2 kids, now adults, that I am immensely proud of.

I too initially made a poor career choice but, fortunately, rectified that relatively quickly in the grand scheme of things.

50 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Don’t support Aberdeen and end up with an unhealthy hatred of Huns. Probably shortened my life due to high blood pressure.

Ach you dinnae mean that fridge son - it's worth it sure ✌️

5 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Cannae see anything wrong with a hatred of all things Hun.

I don’t think it’s good for my mental health, nae sure what a psychologist would say.

Why do you want them all to die?

Why would you not?

Are you sure that’s a nice thing to want?

Fuck off you Hun.

Stop being soft as shite and allowing folk you thought were your friends to treat you with sheer contempt and disrespect.

Batter some of them until they were unconscious.

Not to take the rap for others for being concerned in the supply and distribution of stolen goods. 

Not to push my father (he stumbled into our new living room unit) when I was 14 years old after he cracked me around my lug (yet again) on Christmas Day 1992, just for nae answering the front door when he was closer to it.

Aye sigh - much the same I reckon - fitness is very important - my relationship with fitness is now at an off the page level - but for sure, continuity had its ups n dahns there for a fair old whiley - bouts of self-pity and doubt arenae reason enough to no go running or at least brisk walking.

Flexibility too - I danced with the devil early doors alas... feet pointing inwards, neck craned over n down - it was as if Dad was daring muscle pain to have a facking go. They did sure - and now Dad has to watch videos of Matt McConechy advising on meditation or whatever.

Respect teeth as well - yon reckless candy consumption has cost Dad upwards of around 5g-children to date😭 

Practice the bass more

3 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Did you skip your PE lessons at school, Bluto min, or if you did attend you handed in a note written by you or one of your pals to excuse you from participating in PE lessons? 🤔

was ace at football and been a jogger/lifter since late teens. first marathon in early 20s

nae lazy or unfit. 

‘fitness’ /counting calories etc is not my style

10 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

was ace at football and been a jogger/lifter since late teens. first marathon in early 20s

nae lazy or unfit. 

Nobody’s buying this ludicrous lies Blutz. Only marathon you’ve been on is a drinking session.

11 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

nae lazy or unfit. 

Counting calories is a nonsense. 

Sometimes the nature of your work (e.g. bricklaying, lumping fish boxes) gives you all the exercise you need.

Good on ye completing a marathon min.👍

As long as you wake up each morning/day, that's always a bonus. 

1 minute ago, Bluto10 said:

it was the GNR min

:laughing:

😄😄. The Great North Run used to be held at the New Year if I remember correctly, so hat's off to you min for temporarily giving up the booze, getting fit, and doing the 13 mile slog.

I thought temperance was only a thing up oor way at the New Year (folk foolishly walking aboot their villages playing flutes as a fake show of guid-living abstinence fae booze)?

Never knew it takes place in Ellon as well.

(Edit: I'm wrong about when the GNR is run).