Dons In Europe - 2023/24

26 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Fair point... well just to balance it this is the predicted pots for the Conference. Definitely be some winnable ties there if we got a favourable draw. Ferencvaros, Ludogrets and Helsinki?

conference.jpg

That's boring let's go for EL glory

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Seen the below on Twitter. Obviously predicting that Vilnius as highest ranked will make it through and so up to us to make sure we're in pot 4 and not them. But if this was the pots what would be the best draw for us?

I'm going with Liverpool, Roma or Ajax (we're not going to beat any of the pot 1 teams lets be honest so may aswell get as big a team as possible), then LASK or Qarabag from pot 2 and Slovan Bratislava, Molde or Sheriff Tiraspol from pot 3... reckon we could pick up a few points from those and have a chance of 3rd place?

spacer.png

Liverpool

Marseille

Sparta Prague

Aberdeen

Ideal and back ourselves to fluke 4 pts. Alternatively a Bratislava or Molde for a better chance of 4pts

33 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The coefficient ranking split is odd. The teams in the group stages are ranked by their 10 year coefficient, the bottom team gets 1 share of the pot, the second bottom gets 2 shares, all the way up to the top team, which gets 32 shares of the pot.

Which sounds rubbish to me.

On the plus side, our 10 year coefficient gets +1 for our CWC win.

24 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

The coefficient ranking split is odd. The teams in the group stages are ranked by their 10 year coefficient, the bottom team gets 1 share of the pot, the second bottom gets 2 shares, all the way up to the top team, which gets 32 shares of the pot.

Shite that - should be an even split between the 32 teams.  Modern fitba eh?! 😒

6 minutes ago, Medw1311 said:

And the coefficient pot for Europa is € 69.75 M compared to € 23.5 M for the conference.

Group stage TV pot for Europa is € 97.65 M compared to € 16.45 M for the conference.

Is the TV pot split evenly?  i.e. 3.05 million euro's per team?  Decent bunse if that's the case

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Is the TV pot split evenly?  i.e. 3.05 million euro's per team?  Decent bunse if that's the case

Sadly not...

"The estimated available amount will be distributed in accordance with the proportional value of each country TV market represented by clubs taking part in the UEFA Europa League (group stage). The different market shares will be distributed to the participating clubs from each association.

Half of the global market pool will be split into as many shares as there are national associations represented by at least one club in the group stage. Each share, proportional to the value of the relevant media rights market, will be divided among the clubs based on their performance in the previous season's domestic competitions."

And as mentioned elsewhere if Huns make CL we'd get 100% of Scotland's share but if they drop to EL we'd have to share it with them.

21 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Looking like we'll probably be ranked about 28th in both competitions. So think it works out we'd get £222k from the Conference and £660k from Europa.