Dons In Europe - 2023/24

Just now, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Pre-empting an answer to a question asked is poor quizmastery min.

For what it's worth (great song by Liam Gallagher from his album "As You Were"), I couldn't give a fuck who we end up getting, as long as AFC win the tie and enter the EL group stages for the first time. 

Lovely, cheers 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d say Vilnius as they’ll be weaker than Hacken, who’ve apparently improved since we played them.

Looks a moot point as Häcken are 1-0 up at half time in the away leg. 

Hacken finished 12th in the league the season we beat them. They won the league last year and now sit 4 points off top after 18 games. On paper they look a lot better than when we played them before. However, they did lose to a Faroese team in the champions league qualifiers and have apparently on recently sold their best player Traore to Sheff Utd, although they have just replaced him with a player for around 1.5 million in the last week and has scored the goal tonight. 

As for Villinus, they have ex hearts midfielder mikoliunas on the bench. 

22 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

Hacken finished 12th in the league the season we beat them. They won the league last year and now sit 4 points off top after 18 games. On paper they look a lot better than when we played them before. However, they did lose to a Faroese team in the champions league qualifiers and have apparently on recently sold their best player Traore to Sheff Utd, although they have just replaced him with a player for around 1.5 million in the last week and has scored the goal tonight. 

As for Villinus, they have ex hearts midfielder mikoliunas on the bench. 

Häcken are Swedish champions & 2nd this season. 

As I said they’re better than when we played them.

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Does their being "Swedish champions " not kinda make you worry though?

When malmo put "rangers " out, were they reigning Swedish champs, to put it into context?

I mean I'm expecting a tough tie regardless and I'm definitely not expecting us to coast any european tie. I never do. This is a winnable tie though.

They beat us 2-0 in one of the legs previously and they do seem to be better.

I get the context but I wouldn't hold too much stock in matches from that long ago, particularly matches that didn't involve us or the team we're playing.

21 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

I mean I'm expecting a tough tie regardless and I'm definitely not expecting us to coast any european tie. I never do. This is a winnable tie though.

They beat us 2-0 in one of the legs previously and they do seem to be better.

I get the context but I wouldn't hold too much stock in matches from that long ago, particularly matches that didn't involve us or the team we're playing.

Sure it was 5-3 on aggregate so 5-1 first game 2-0 hacken second leg

think it was jet and Gallagher that played blinders, the only time for both

• Upvote 1
Just now, brunstanesheep said:

Ooooh but zalgirus narrowly lost to galatasaray. Oooh hacken are second in the swedish highland league. Lets all be honest, if the huns got same draw as us wed be saying they got the easiest draw. Lets start having some confidence in our team that we will get through. Up i dons

Well I would, yeah

But then it'd be based on the fact they can spend 6m on players

What's easy for them shouldn't necessarily be easy for us 

Aberdeen v FK Žalgiris Vilnius (Lithuania) or BK Häcken (Sweden)
Thursday 31st August, 7.45pm KO
Pittodrie Stadium, Aberdeen

Tickets for the home leg of our crucial Europa League Play-off round tie against either FK Žalgiris Vilnius (Lithuania) or BK Häcken (Sweden) are now available online for season ticket and AberDNA members.

To allow the ticket office team to prioritise the fulfilment of tickets ahead of Sunday’s fixture with Celtic at Pittodrie, tickets will only be available online initially.

Tickets will then be available over the phone and in person for all supporters from 9.30am on Monday 14th August.

Season Ticket Reservations

Season ticket members will have their seat reserved until 5pm on Tuesday 22nd August.