Saudi League

54 minutes ago, Poodler said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12924172/jordan-henderson-the-implications-of-liverpool-captains-transfer-to-al-ettifaq-in-saudi-pro-league

absolute LOL at sky sports giving it ‘what about the gays’! 

EPL finally feeling the pinch. Bloody ace. Hope a few more go 

Tbf Henderson was vocal about his disapproval of the WC in Qatar, and has went on the record supporting gay rights in general. 

A real test of his principles and he's come up short. They are better shutting up and admitting they are just mercenaries. 

16 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Tbf Henderson was vocal about his disapproval of the WC in Qatar, and has went on the record supporting gay rights in general. 

A real test of his principles and he's come up short. They are better shutting up and admitting they are just mercenaries. 

If you got offered 10 times your current salary to go and do the same job in Saudi would you go?

Just now, Don Fonte said:

If you got offered 10 times your current salary to go and do the same job in Saudi would you go?

I don't think that's a question that accurately reflects the situation. Given that:

1. Henderson is a multi millionaire and earning >£100k a week at Liverpool 

2. Henderson was needlessly vocal about gay rights in the Middle East 

It's not the same as an ordinary punter. 

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I don't think that's a question that accurately reflects the situation. Given that:

1. Henderson is a multi millionaire and earning >£100k a week at Liverpool 

2. Henderson was needlessly vocal about gay rights in the Middle East 

It's not the same as an ordinary punter. 

Shut up and answer the question Parko.

37 minutes ago, CCB III said:

The words you are looking for are "greedy" and "hypocrite".

If offered 10 X my salary would I move, aye. But I haven't been in the media going on about inequalities in the region unlike some of those who are now taking their coin from the very place they were happy to criticise.

I mean, how much money does a person need? Henderson will already be a multi millionaire without a want in the world.

1 minute ago, For Fecks Sake said:

If offered 10 X my salary would I move, aye. But I haven't been in the media going on about inequalities in the region unlike some of those who are now taking their coin from the very place they were happy to criticise.

I mean, how much money does a person need? Henderson will already be a multi millionaire without a want in the world.

Exactly. His entire family will never have to work again regardless. So it's absolutely fuck all like a normal person getting 10X their salary. 

30 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

Me, as someone earning 28K a year? Yeah. 

If I was a millionaire footballer who's made more than enough for a comfortable life? Nah, I wouldn't.

Especially if I'd pretended to give a fuck about the rights of a particular minority that are executed by the government I'm taking coin from. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

We're in agreement. He's a cunt. 

Just now, Don Fonte said:

Nope.  He's reportedly getting £700k a week tax free to move to Saudi.  That's a huge increase and will set his family and extended family up for generations to come.

He's already a millionaire umpteen times over. 

It's a stupid argument to compare a punter like myself, to a millionaire footballer. 

Nobody is saying it's not a huge increase. What people are saying is that he's a hypocrite with little moral stomach for things he's decided to be vocal about.

2 hours ago, Poodler said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12924172/jordan-henderson-the-implications-of-liverpool-captains-transfer-to-al-ettifaq-in-saudi-pro-league

absolute LOL at sky sports giving it ‘what about the gays’! 

EPL finally feeling the pinch. Bloody ace. Hope a few more go 

All other players go to the league, nothing.

White man.... oooooft.

Everyone jumping the gun, who's to say he isn't going over there to preach the same way he did in England.

It's just cause he's white.

Good on him. Everyone whinging at him, get it right up yi. 

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

He's already a millionaire umpteen times over. 

It's a stupid argument to compare a punter like myself, to a millionaire footballer. 

Nobody is saying it's not a huge increase. What people are saying is that he's a hypocrite with little moral stomach for things he's decided to be vocal about.

But you would do the same although you lead a comfortable life compared to 90% of the world.  That makes you just as much of a hypocrite.

Anyway, cheers for playing along ladz.  I better go do some work.

6 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

But you would do the same although you lead a comfortable life compared to 90% of the world.  That makes you just as much of a hypocrite.

Anyway, cheers for playing along ladz.  I better go do some work.

I don't know that I would do the same thing, the opportunity hasn't arose. But comparing me, someone on less than 30K a year, to a guy with millions and millions of pounds, shows a lack of critical thought more than anything bro. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, CCB III said:

He failed the test of his principles when he went to the World Cup so him now joining the Saudi league should not have been a surprise. 

EPL fans getting upset is enjoyable tho, them complaining players are only going there for the money as if every player going to the EPL isn’t doing the same

12 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

He failed the test of his principles when he went to the World Cup so him now joining the Saudi league should not have been a surprise. 

EPL fans getting upset is enjoyable tho, them complaining players are only going there for the money as if every player going to the EPL isn’t doing the same

The World Cup I'm not so sure about. 

But yeah, EPL fans are cunts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 6:06 PM, Roberto said:

All other players go to the league, nothing.

White man.... oooooft.

Everyone jumping the gun, who's to say he isn't going over there to preach the same way he did in England.

It's just cause he's white.

Good on him. Everyone whinging at him, get it right up yi. 

Not a great idea to be preaching about Saudi law. Wonder if there's a clause in his contract saying he has to keep his mouth shut?

On 7/28/2023 at 7:17 AM, CCB III said:

His PR team did really good work on the whole issue, and made it seem like he was kind compassionate and caring. Henderson probably got some great money in terms of sponsorships and other things as a result. A great business investment.

But then someone came along with F U money so he didn't need that PR campaign anymore. 

4 hours ago, redcryptoknight said:

His PR team did really good work on the whole issue, and made it seem like he was kind compassionate and caring. Henderson probably got some great money in terms of sponsorships and other things as a result. A great business investment.

But then someone came along with F U money so he didn't need that PR campaign anymore. 

Ken, legend.

Dunno why we’re pushing our values on them anyway

we scold the browns who come here and push their values on us 

The real problem is social media creating this fake environment of faux grief/ offence and bullshit rhetoric.

Perfectly exhibited by the Jamie Foxx shit at the weekend. 

stop pretending to care about shit and just stick to caring about yourself (and your cat, if you have one)