Rhys Williams

7 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

The basis of my response was to this initial point. "D’ya ever see a tennis player, for example, with a pulled hammy? Me neither. Just the pampered pricks, AKA fitbaw players, that seem to get them." Comparing specific injuries in different sports. My point was that injuries will occur at different rates because of the different conditions within each sport. Yes hamstring injruies will occur in many sports but there is a reason they are more likely in football. So not entirely nonsensical

No, but entirely fucking boring

3 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

It's not remotely like asking that. The point is, you have to make short sprints and change direction in both sports. Your comparison is nonsensical.

I have always wondered how tennis players can play 4 plus hours and still be explosive though

There must be synergies,  but then the fitness coaches surely must have thought about it before too 

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Strange as it sounded like he was going to be out longer term and was further behind Angus MacDonald in terms of recovery based on what Robson has been saying. Would be a big boost to have both of them fit again.

He wasn't injured. 

That was a smoke screen to hide he's a lazy cunt who was unfit. Robson has him training with the u18's. I presume he'll be fitter now after 3 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Quite a few folk obviously but it was Robson who said he was injured indefinitely.

He's since been trained with the under 18's (whilst injured 🤔

He's now fitter after 3 weeks.

Make of that what you will.

He must have been doing triple sessions as he was also training with the first team squad.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

regardless of what version of the story is right its good news if he is playing tonight

I'm sceptical he is. The footage in the McGarry video shows him training with the players who are still working towards match fitness (MacDonald and the subs basically) and I couldn't see Williams. Surely he would be in that group if he is ready to start a match?

29 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

I'm sceptical he is. The footage in the McGarry video shows him training with the players who are still working towards match fitness (MacDonald and the subs basically) and I couldn't see Williams. Surely he would be in that group if he is ready to start a match?

So a player who is potentially ready to start a match going by reports is not pictured with players who possibly are not ready and it worries you.

Must make sense to you. 

35 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

So a player who is potentially ready to start a match going by reports is not pictured with players who possibly are not ready and it worries you.

Must make sense to you. 

Yes, how naive of me to think a player returning from injury might be training with players who make up our matchday squad. 

13 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

If he was ready to start a match why would he be training with the players who aren’t ready to start a match?

I don't know. I'm just sceptical he's about to start a match given all we've heard from Robson is that he's further away than MacDonald (who was training with that group) and the other players seen getting extra time in to build fitness were essentially our subs bench. If none of them (Barron etc) are close to match fitness or being deemed capable of starting, we are in a bit of a situation.

If Williams is just about ready, great.