Rhys Williams

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

D’ya ever see a tennis player, for example, with a pulled hammy? Me neither. Just the pampered pricks, AKA fitbaw players, that seem to get them. 

Maybe laying off the sauce wouldn’t go amiss either. But, all to do with building team harmony, you see.. 

The team that drinks together, wins together (R, Gough)

Was that nae Gazza or McCoist? Gough was too busy in his hotel shower to go to the boozer. Allegedly 

3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

D’ya ever see a tennis player, for example, with a pulled hammy? Me neither. Just the pampered pricks, AKA fitbaw players, that seem to get them. 

Maybe laying off the sauce wouldn’t go amiss either. But, all to do with building team harmony, you see.. 

Tennis being a notoriously kicking based sport with plenty of 50yd sprints sprinkled in there

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Why you quoting that raging rancid kiddy fiddling hun prick?

• Thanks 2
16 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I thought it was Strathclyde Park that Gough was (allegedly) busy in?

This is what we call "skirting around the issue".

19 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Why you quoting that raging rancid kiddy fiddling hun prick?

This is what we call "going in balls first".

47 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Tennis being a notoriously kicking based sport with plenty of 50yd sprints sprinkled in there

That’s the only way you pull a hammy is it? Kicking a baw? Or 50 yd sprints?

I would have thought, short sprints and multiple turns would be more tougher on the old hammies, unless you are a finely tuned athlete.

Come to think of it, Dinna really hear much about knee injuries in tennis players either, do ya?

13 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I would have thought, short sprints and multiple turns would be more tougher on the old hammies, unless you are a finely tuned athlete.

Come to think of it, Dinna really hear much about knee injuries in tennis players either, do ya?

No it's not the only way, but it will considerably increase the odds. That's like asking why Tennis players don't suffer from concussion as a result of head knocks. Or why footballers don't suffer from Tennis elbow. The conditions of the sport are different.

FYI, tennis knee or jumper's knee is a thing. If you hear about it less, it's probably because you follow far fewer tennis players than football players. Proportionally the injury numbers are probably similar.

55 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Federer retired due to knee problems. 
Nadal was plagued with them too.

So aye. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Lol. 

Two of the most famous ones with about 40 grand slams between them

Debunked your claim “you never hear much of tennis players getting knee injuries” when two of the biggest names retired because of persistent knee problems 

At the combined age of fucking 70!!

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Lol. 

Debunked your claim “you never hear much of tennis players getting knee injuries” when two of the biggest names retired because of persistent knee problems 

Aye, imagine retiring at 41 eh.... career was over before it had even started ;)

12 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

2 players?

Well argued point

Aye, but proportionally for the size of tennis as a sport in comparison to football it's probably about right. I don't know about WW's interest in tennis, but I'd wager he probably couldn't rattle off more than 20 names in tennis from the last 5 years. But I bet he could name hundreds or thousands of footballers. So in tennis terms, 2 major knee related injuries like that is a more than valid counter argument to your question

24 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Aye, but proportionally for the size of tennis as a sport in comparison to football it's probably about right. I don't know about WW's interest in tennis, but I'd wager he probably couldn't rattle off more than 20 names in tennis from the last 5 years. But I bet he could name hundreds or thousands of footballers. So in tennis terms, 2 major knee related injuries like that is a more than valid counter argument to your question

20 names? 
Nope.  
Far, far more.

20% of injuries for tennis players are due to knee injuries 

36 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

2 players?

Well argued point

31 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Lol. 

@zeroisgod76 is yer man for this one. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Proud Dandy said:

Can’t be arsed reading about pages of tennis and a Google search is telling me nothing. Can someone tell me what’s happened with Williams?

Skimming through, it looks as though Rhys has caught leg aids, and his cousin Serena the famous ex Tenniser, says it’s nonsense because only two tennis players ever have complained of sore knees, and that’s only been caused due to the extra weight that Federer and Nadal have carried due to all the trophies they’ve been forced to lift. This is how I’ve interpreted it anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

That's like asking why Tennis players don't suffer from concussion as a result of head knocks. Or why footballers don't suffer from Tennis elbow. 

It's not remotely like asking that. The point is, you have to make short sprints and change direction in both sports. Your comparison is nonsensical.

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

It's not remotely like asking that. The point is, you have to make short sprints and change direction in both sports. Your comparison is nonsensical.

The basis of my response was to this initial point. "D’ya ever see a tennis player, for example, with a pulled hammy? Me neither. Just the pampered pricks, AKA fitbaw players, that seem to get them." Comparing specific injuries in different sports. My point was that injuries will occur at different rates because of the different conditions within each sport. Yes hamstring injruies will occur in many sports but there is a reason they are more likely in football. So not entirely nonsensical