Just stop oil

13 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Does me walking the 300 yds make anyone else fit?  Or just me?

That's just as logical an argument as yours.

Couple of points for you:

1. The subject is just stop oil protests in the UK, not China. You seem to be having a different conversation.

2. The conversation is not related to people getting fit, it’s about starting a trend, or demanding action on climate change related to CO2 in the earths atmosphere. Completely down to human practices and ways of living.

Any fool can surely understand that walking 300 yards instead of driving is friendlier to the environment, however small a percentage it is.

Do you take drugs?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1

45 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Couple of points for you:

1. The subject is just stop oil protests in the UK, not China. You seem to be having a different conversation.

2. The conversation is not related to people getting fit, it’s about starting a trend, or demanding action on climate change related to CO2 in the earths atmosphere. Completely down to human practices and ways of living.

Any fool can surely understand that walking 300 yards instead of driving is friendlier to the environment, however small a percentage it is.

Do you take drugs?

The UK is 1% of world emissions.

You want us to suffer and get poorer as China,India,Russia,USA carry on as normal?

2 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

It has something to do with everybody.

Some of these cunts that are being “disrupted” are likely to be the kind of fuckwits that wont walk 300 yards and take their cars instead.

Well whilst true how the fuck are you expecting to get your Amazon delivery or fly abroad. They are aff their heids. They haven’t thought it through. We’ll be dead before we manage to move away from oil so completely pointless disrupting folks lives.

• Like 1

I have no problem with the concept that our emissions of CO2 have an impact on the climate and are a direct result of our actions.

I do take issue with the idea that we somehow have the ability to control the change in temperature of the planet without either some sort of mass extinction event, or a complete change in society’s behaviours which would ultimately lead to its collapse, probably some sort of global war.

We’ll be alright with a bit of ingenuity I reckon. The hysteria around the climate “emergency” is pure hyperbole. The “world is burning”! No it’s not.

Sea levels are rising, some countries are getting a bitty warmer. So fuck, it would astonish them to realise that the earth as it was even a few hundred years ago is many meters below the ground they stand upon today. It’ll keep changing, the coastline will keep eroding - nae need to get all upset about it. Adapt and overcome.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

I have no problem with the concept that our emissions of CO2 have an impact on the climate and are a direct result of our actions.

I do take issue with the idea that we somehow have the ability to control the change in temperature of the planet without either some sort of mass extinction event, or a complete change in society’s behaviours which would ultimately lead to its collapse, probably some sort of global war.

We’ll be alright with a bit of ingenuity I reckon. The hysteria around the climate “emergency” is pure hyperbole. The “world is burning”! No it’s not.

Sea levels are rising, some countries are getting a bitty warmer. So fuck, it would astonish them to realise that the earth as it was even a few hundred years ago is many meters below the ground they stand upon today. It’ll keep changing, the coastline will keep eroding - nae need to get all upset about it. Adapt and overcome.

We've got this far.  We will endure.