Livingston 0 - 0 Aberdeen

51 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If Rama is still at the club reckon he'll do 60 mins.

They'll be pushing to get one of the other defenders in. Robson mentioned Macdonald was back running and clearly Dadia or Rubezic could be thrown in

Polvara should be starting. We shouldn’t be starting with Shinnie and Rama against Livi. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Fuck, I hate playing away to Livi and that whining baldy wee hun. 

Expect long diagonals with them haring around to pick up 2nd and 3rd balls. The Livi way. 

Having Devlin in the squad could be useful at this point....he'll know exactly what they'll try to do, and how to counter it. 

They’ll be pinging long diagonals towards Mackenzie for Nouble to ragdoll him.

2 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Couple of massive athletic types bullied us last time. Are they still there?

The first 45 minutes of that game in November was the worst performance McCrorie put in for us....an absolute bin fire, with the rest of the defence not far behind him. Every long ball towards our box petrified us. 

We actually played well in the 2nd half, once those big fuckers completely ran out of puff. 

1 minute ago, Schapenneuker said:

The first 45 minutes of that game in November was the worst performance McCrorie put in for us....an absolute bin fire, with the rest of the defence not far behind him. Every long ball towards our box petrified us. 

We actually played well in the 2nd half, once those big fuckers completely ran out of puff. 

Aye, it was a game of two halves right enough. Should've won in the end.

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

Heard that livi will have between 2/2.5 thousand at the first game of the season!, that’s disgusting, should just close the doors, what’s the point

They're just a small club, it's a poor reflection on the likes of Dundee United, Dunfermline, Falkirk, who have a larger fan base but can't get their shit together.

• Upvote 2
12 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

Expect long diagonals with them haring around to pick up 2nd and 3rd balls. The Livi way. 

Having Devlin in the squad could be useful at this point....he'll know exactly what they'll try to do, and how to counter it. 

Imagine a team playing to their strengths, jesus fucking christ.

16 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

What, as opposed to our slick, quick, possession football when we play celtic or "rangers "?

7 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Heard that livi will have between 2/2.5 thousand at the first game of the season!, that’s disgusting, should just close the doors, what’s the point

Football is a meritocracy

If “bigger” clubs with more resources aren’t as good as Livi, that’s not Livi’s fault.

I’d like them relegated, not because they have a tiny support, purely because of that amateur level pitch. 

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Roos

Milne Rubezic McKenzie

Polvara

Devlin Shinnie Clarkson Hayes

Duk Miovski

Hopefully MacDonald makes it and we can play Milne, MacDonald and Rubezic in the back 3 and drop Mackenzie. 

I know folk will bang on about left and right feet but I'd rather have a good right footed centre back in the centre of defence than a poor left back 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Hopefully MacDonald makes it and we can play Milne, MacDonald and Rubezic in the back 3 and drop Mackenzie. 

I know folk will bang on about left and right feet but I'd rather have a good right footed centre back in the centre of defence than a poor left back 

MacDonald's not played at all this pre-season. A bit much expecting him to start on Saturday? Rubezivc I presume has had full pre-season and potentially some game time?

Just now, Tinyweelad said:

MacDonald's not played at all this pre-season. A bit much expecting him to start on Saturday? Rubezivc I presume has had full pre-season and potentially some game time?

I think if he's fit he might start. Robson was saying he's a really important player and the sweeper role he plays isn't too taxing. 

I certainly hope he makes it anyway as I'm sick of the Devlin, Milne, Mackenzie chat.