Slobodan Rubežić

11 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Did you go to the game? It's not just yesterday. Being above average for a team that probably averaged 3/10 isn't something I'd be writing home about.

Look at the Charlton game last weekend aswell. Numerous times in the 2nd half he bombed into the middle of the pitch leaving his area entirely unmanned giving the opposition the freedom of London. They were just too shit to use it. 

If anyone thinks MacKenzie is good enough to be able to play for Aberdeen then that's exactly the attitude that will see us do the square root of fuck all and never challenge either of the arsecheeks. 

We need players who produce a solid 7/10 week in week out. Devlin will give us that on the right. Ruby looks like he'll do it in the middle. MacKenzie won't on the left. He's the weak link. There's a reason he was targeted yesterday. 

In the first half v Charlton we could easily have been 6-0 ahead at half time. A team with a far bigger budget than us.

8 hours ago, G man said:

In the first half v Charlton we could easily have been 6-0 ahead at half time. A team with a far bigger budget than us.

So you use the argument we could have been 6-0 up at half time to try and convince me that MacKenzie's defending in the 2nd half was nothing short of piss poor? Watch the 2nd half back. Then tell me you thought his defending was fine. 

• 3 weeks later...

The back 3 has changed so many times due to injuries ect 

once the I think robsons  settled and preferred 3 , which I imagine to be McDonald , ruby, and Jensen ( not in formation order before I get pulled for that ) get some game time and familiarity things will be ok 

we were just very fortunate that McDonald and pollock had such a quick understanding and good partnership 

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

once the I think robsons  settled and preferred 3 , which I imagine to be McDonald , ruby, and Jensen ( not in formation order before I get pulled for that ) get some game time and familiarity things will be ok 

we were just very fortunate that McDonald and pollock had such a quick understanding and good partnership 

I have a feeling it will still change a few more times within the the next few games.

59 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

They definitely need to spend some time on the training field working as a unit. Last season MacDonald stayed put and he let Scales and Pollock venture forward at times. But when they did McRorie and Hayes held back to cover the space.

Unfortunately thus season Morris and Duncan seem to be clueless about doing that and MacDonald has also been venturing too far forward. His positioning for their goal was terrible.

MacDonald is a sweeper and an organiser imo so I'd keep him central. 

The new guys need time to settle in a consistent defensive line up. And that includes all 5, not just the central 3.  

Only 1 of the probable back 5 were here last season and the 1 has just had his first start of the season after injury.  It's practically an entirely new defensive unit. 

Folk expect new players to settle straight away. Some do but many need some time, especially the guys coming from abroad. 

Given his 0 minutes game time at Watford, we should be firing in a bid for Pollock before the window closes. Watford (and the player himself) might well reject it but we should at least try.

If it came off, Pollock on the right, Jensen on the left and let MacDonald and Rubezic fight it out for who gets the central role and who is on the bench. As the incumbent, MacDonald gets the initial nod.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

MacDonald is a sweeper and an organiser imo so I'd keep him central. 

The new guys need time to settle in a consistent defensive line up. And that includes all 5, not just the central 3.  

Only 1 of the probable back 5 were here last season and the 1 has just had his first start of the season after injury.  It's practically an entirely new defensive unit. 

Folk expect new players to settle straight away. Some do but many need some time, especially the guys coming from abroad. 

Maybe, but with the way a lot of Scottish teams play I think maybe a bigger CB in the central area makes sense, with the more mobile guys either side of him.

Think we need to give him time to settle. Hopefully once his English improves. 

understand people wanting to play a back 4 just don’t think we will see that anytime soon.  Big problem we would have going to a back 4 is none of the centre halves we have are blessed with any pace