Slobodan Rubežić

Pretty different to move from the middle CB to the right sided one in a 3-5-2. Expected to push on a bit more, I don't think he was comfortable. 

No worse than anyone else yesterday, expect more from the guys who have been here a while and the guys who've already played up here. 

In that starting XI yesterday there were more than enough SP appearances to not use the excuse of gelling. 

We were just, simply, shite. No sense in blaming any specific players. I can't think of one who did well, including the subs. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ellondon said:

Think we need to give him time to settle. Hopefully once his English improves. 

understand people wanting to play a back 4 just don’t think we will see that anytime soon.  Big problem we would have going to a back 4 is none of the centre halves we have are blessed with any pace 

His English is very good 

6 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Not sure what is in BRs plans! Doesn’t seem to evolve from training ground to match day. If the current rubbish is his plan we are bang in trouble 

Robson didn't play 3 at back with the youth did he? I always remember 1 or 2 lads that watched the youth on regular basis being quite negative about Barry as a coach/manager? Things need time no doubt look at Ange at Celtic when he first took over and what he left. But Robson has been here long enough now to see some sort of progress. Even with a large number of recruits brought in only 2 players from Sunday weren't here last season so im not sure I buy the gelling stuff. 

3 hours ago, McPhee123 said:

Remarkable how many of us are screaming for this, for a number of reasons, but it just doesn't seem to be in Robson's plans.

Are we not the enthusiastic amateurs and Robson the highly qualified coach, with an outstanding playing career at club and international level?

• Dildo 1
53 minutes ago, G man said:

Are we not the enthusiastic amateurs and Robson the highly qualified coach, with an outstanding playing career at club and international level?

Not outstanding. In terms of professional footballer he done well but outstanding is a stretch. 

I get you hate negativity but you are far too far the other way. Have some balance in your opinions. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, 1903Fitba said:

I’ll fight anybody slating this boy. 

Needs time. 

😂😂😂😂 dons fight club 

I do agree with you though he is getting slated and has not had time with consistent partners in defence 

still better than stewart let’s not forget and to a certain extent scales early season 

5 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Not outstanding. In terms of professional footballer he done well but outstanding is a stretch. 

I get you hate negativity but you are far too far the other way. Have some balance in your opinions. 

I do . Have said yesterday’s performance was poor. But it helps to have a perspective on things. Early days , players still to settle in . Looking at this seasons squad and last years at this time and l firmly believe we are in a good position to do well over the season.

• Upvote 2

Thought he showed plenty of potential against Livingston, hasn't been brilliant since but doesn't look like one to shirk responsibility. 

Could easily have been sent off against St Mirren, an all-round bad game for him, but he kept brushing himself down and going again. I've seen plenty of defenders at Aberdeen in the past who wouldn't show for the ball in a game like that. Hopefully there's something there to work with Ruby.

5 hours ago, slippers said:

Robson didn't play 3 at back with the youth did he? I always remember 1 or 2 lads that watched the youth on regular basis being quite negative about Barry as a coach/manager? Things need time no doubt look at Ange at Celtic when he first took over and what he left. But Robson has been here long enough now to see some sort of progress. Even with a large number of recruits brought in only 2 players from Sunday weren't here last season so im not sure I buy the gelling stuff. 

Robson played a 4222 and 424 style. It was really direct. Defenders tended to be shelling it and midfield ran around. The basic premise was getting the ball to forward 4…although that also became get the ball to Bavidge. 

it wasn’t great to watch. We scored a lot of goals but couldn’t defend. Have to say a big factor was the brutal goalkeeper we had.

28 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Tough life eh?  Picking up 3 or 4 grand a week but having to put up with anonymous drunkards not being totally supportive on social media. Wouldn't blame him if he just sacked it all and retired.

shite point, words can still hurt regardless of how much you are paid or what you do to get paid.

Lifes a lot better being nicer 👍🏻

His positioning has been a wee bit suspect, but I put that down to joining a brand new team and getting used to the players around him. He's only been in the door 4 weeks and played a handful of games.

Can't be easy transitioning to another club in another country and adapting to a different style of fitba (especially the hoofball that has been on show).

I've seen him winning a few decent tackles, and he's at least got a bit of fight and determination about him. Would be good to see similar from a few others in the team.

Fair do's, he's maybe been a touch overzealous in some of his challenges, but you could put that down to his eagerness to impress. Perhaps given a wee bit of time he'll get up to speed with the game here and develop a bit more composure.

There's definitely something there to develop.

• Upvote 2