Slobodan Rubežić

32 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Let's not kid ourselves he's fucking garbage. 

MacDonald a far better option. He must have upset Robson to be behind the ogre in the pecking order.

25 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Agreed. Can only assume it's a fitness issue with MacDonald.

I think MacDonald came back too soon when we were short of defensive cover.

If he's back up to speed I'd be inclined to give Ruby a time out and put MacD back into the middle of defence. Gartenmann, MacDonald, Jensen is pretty solid. Or is on paper.

Ruby just needs to screw the nut, calm down and cut out the mistakes and he'll be fine. Still young and probably settling in.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Cuts out the brain farts he'll be fine.  He's still a relatively young loon.

Tend to agree.

He's definitely looked better in the last few games alongside Jensen and Garter min.

Up until that intervention last night which I would describe as more of a brain shart than a brain fart.

The fuck was he thinking about? Completely turned the game on it's head.

16 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Tend to agree.

He's definitely looked better in the last few games alongside Jensen and Garter min.

Up until that intervention last night which I would describe as more of a brain shart than a brain fart.

The fuck was he thinking about? Completely turned the game on it's head.

Whilst I agree he’s been better, ultimately he can’t run and it’ll be difficult for us to manage a player that slow. Hibs will run riot at Hampden against him with their pace 

1 hour ago, Granite95 said:

Can already see them having Youan/Boyle targetting him, saw at Pittodrie earlier on how badly he fared vs Youan

Was he not playing on the right side of the defence that day though? In the centre he's a bit more protected at least. If he's on the right, chasing players out wide he's an accident waiting to happen.

17 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

I really don't understand the comments around him being protected in the centre and having better players around him etc. as some sort of excuse. 

This boy is a dreadful defender. He's one of the worst at the club in many a year. It's starting to look extremely suspect his repeated inclusion in the first 11. Why is he being carried through games? 

Make sure the tinfoils nice and tightly wrapped now.

• Upvote 1

He is to raw to be a play in the first team right now. McDonald should replace him that's so obvious 

Let the management team work with him on the training pitch and see where that leads as heaps on work required to make he better

To be fair to him he has been throw into the first team by are manager who doesn't what to lose face by not playing him as we paid a decent fee for him

But right now he cannot take a first team slot he is a total liability and we will lose games based on his defending  abilities or lack of them

Hopefully time on the training pitch we can actually make him a decent player but right now that's just work in progress and a long way off

I like him, definitely raw but good on the ball and dominant in the air which shouldn't be underrated. Just needs to realise he can't win every ball every time. You could tell he was gutted at the end even though we won, was good to see Jensen geeing him up and telling him via Finnish-Serbian sign language to forget about his cock up. Shinnie was pissed off at the time though, seems like Rubezic is more an arm around the shoulder type rather than the bpllocking type.

• Upvote 3
21 hours ago, ullevi said:

I thought that Pollok was the organiser and McDonald was the lad who made the challenges, he was made to look good by Pollok, but Jensen and Gart could do the same with him and he should surely get some game time with the amount of games we have coming up.

Other way round

• Upvote 1

The boy is fantastic in the air. There was one that he cleared in the first half (that Paul Mitchell praised) from a County free kick that was exceptional. He is very good on the ball. His problem seems to be defending at feet level, I.e he dives in too quickly and his often skinned. He just needs to stand his ground. 

• Upvote 2

What seems to be overlooked is the boy is only 23, compare that to someone who we also complained about being a "liability" (Stewart) who was 30. Haven't seen the pen decision yet but would like too before being too critical. 

He will learn and grow as a player especially with the current players around him.

Anyone calling for him to be sold is on the sauce.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If he handles his impulsiveness to dive in and sticks to winning his headers he'll be handy in some games. 

In other games having a sweeper type like MacDonald will be useful too. 

The other two need to be in the team at all times. 

Spot on. Rubezic is a solid defender (when he applies himself properly the way he evidently can) and can spot a pass.

Playing alongside Jensen and Gartenmann can only but help the loon.