Jamie McGrath

11 minutes ago, CCB III said:

My suspicion is he was way, way down our list of initial targets. 

Don't think it's just a suspicion - if he was at the top of the list we'd have signed him a lot earlier in the window than this. More likely he's the 3rd, 4th or 5th choice in the list of attacking midfielders of which Teklic was at the top. I find it hard to believe McGrath would've been our second choice in that area.

I never really saw what all the fuss was about with McGrath - he was decent in a pretty mediocre St Mirren team for a season or so, and has proceeded to do nothing since at any club he's been at. As others have said though, I do hope he does well for us. I assume he'll be the kind of player we'll bring off the bench to replace a defensive midfielder if we're chasing a goal. Can't see him starting too often.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Don't think it's just a suspicion - if he was at the top of the list we'd have signed him a lot earlier in the window than this. More likely he's the 3rd, 4th or 5th choice in the list of attacking midfielders of which Teklic was at the top. I find it hard to believe McGrath would've been our second choice in that area.

I never really saw what all the fuss was about with McGrath - he was decent in a pretty mediocre St Mirren team for a season or so, and has proceeded to do nothing since at any club he's been at. As others have said though, I do hope he does well for us. I assume he'll be the kind of player we'll bring off the bench to replace a defensive midfielder if we're chasing a goal. Can't see him starting too often.

One that has the upper hand on ourselves though, especially down in Paisley, for a number of years now.

16 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Total guess work. Drivel about a topic you literally know nothing about. There is many factors that could lead to him signing this late in the window. You have no idea why or how this transfer has came about so what’s the point in pretending you do? 

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1
25 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Total guess work. Drivel about a topic you literally know nothing about. There is many factors that could lead to him signing this late in the window. You have no idea why or how this transfer has came about so what’s the point in pretending you do? 

Chill out man, of course it's guess work - I'm not pretending to know anything - I'm just stating what I think, just like you and everyone else on here do.

Would we have signed him if we'd signed Teklic? I don't think so (yes that's a guess, but I think most would agree with it (that's also a guess). I guess we'll never really know (yes, that's a guess too), but a discussion forum would be pretty limited and boring if people only ever posted cold hard facts without any opinion etc (that's just my opinion).

The boy was player at St Mirren, had an ok season in the worst team in the league last season, which can’t have been easy, given they changed manager about twice a week. 
Let’s assume he will be brilliant for us and get right behind the loon. At the very least, he’s innocent until proven guilty. Definitely a very good player in there, if motivated and with continuity of approach and leadership, which he hasn’t had recently.

we need players, he’s decent and potentially very good, so this is a step in the right direction for us and a positive we’re getting talented players in. 

might take a bit of time to get him up to full speed, but definitely a positive signing and surely nobody can argue that he has talent, based on his early career alone. 
well done AFC

Don't get the melt down on here by the usual suspects about him signing. He is a good player who knows the league, we were also desperate to sign when he played for St Mirren but because he got a better paid gig at Wigan instead of signing for us (A bit like the recent Teklic signing fiasco)This makes him pish and only good at penalties and shouldn't be anywhere near our team by these usual suspects.

Not judging his time at United as he was surrounded by shite players but now he will be surrounded by better players I am hoping he will show his St Mirren form and will be an good addition to the squad. Our midfield has definitely more options available now, which cant be a bad thing.

He is an Aberdeen player now so I will be getting behind him but Im sure the usual suspects on here will slag him off at every opportunity just for the ego hit of being proved right..

• Upvote 6
12 minutes ago, NEM said:

Lee Miller was fucking shite, spent half his time here on his arse

@Millertime 👀 

He was great at getting free-kicks when fouls hadn't been committed. 

The best one was at the Paddock end of Pittodrie when he made on he was fouled by the late Marius Zaliukas, who subsequently was sent-off and we scored the resulting penalty (the only goal of the game if I remember correctly🤔).

2 hours ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Didn't exactly jump at the chance of signing for us in the past, must have run out of better options this year

What?……like the vast majority of professional footballers who choose what they think is the best option for their career when they’re looking for a move or new contract ?

Any other staggering insights , min ?

36 minutes ago, cruickc2 said:

Don't get the melt down on here by the usual suspects about him signing. He is a good player who knows the league, we were also desperate to sign when he played for St Mirren but because he got a better paid gig at Wigan instead of signing for us (A bit like the recent Teklic signing fiasco)This makes him pish and only good at penalties and shouldn't be anywhere near our team by these usual suspects.

Not judging his time at United as he was surrounded by shite players but now he will be surrounded by better players I am hoping he will show his St Mirren form and will be an good addition to the squad. Our midfield has definitely more options available now, which cant be a bad thing.

He is an Aberdeen player now so I will be getting behind him but Im sure the usual suspects on here will slag him off at every opportunity just for the ego hit of being proved right..

I think 2nd time was more down to his agent fucking us around having told us he was going to sign then doing a deal with Wigan behind our backs. 

It was first time round that pissed me off when he chose Hibs ahead of us and actually signed for them but did so just over an hour after the window had officially closed and so the SFA rejected his registration and so he had to go back to St Mirren.

Since then of course he's totally bombed at Wigan (haha) and did nothing of note except take a few decent penalties at United.

But anyway as I said earlier, he's with us now so he'll have my full backing. 

• Upvote 1