Pape Habib Guèye

10 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Does this arrival herald Mivoski leaving for southhampton?  

If not, why are we continuing to buy attackers given we need to be beefing up our midfield options?

Miovski will go eventually, but I hope we get some years out him first and more than the mooted £4m.

Could it be that we are doing both?

We've made a decent haul of signings that have clearly had a fair bit of work put into them (rather than the lower league England jobbers of old) so may as well give the club a bit of credit and time to build the squad.

Not sure how they will play out or how many will be a hit but looking forward to seeing how it pans out. Fingers crossed we can hit a 70% + success rate.

Good luck to Pape. Sounds like we've taken advantage of a cut price fee in the hope we can get him back to his old form - makes sense to me. 

14 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Could it be that we are doing both?

We've made a decent haul of signings that have clearly had a fair bit of work put into them (rather than the lower league England jobbers of old) so may as well give the club a bit of credit and time to build the squad.

Not sure how they will play out or how many will be a hit but looking forward to seeing how it pans out. Fingers crossed we can hit a 70% + success rate.

Good luck to Pape. Sounds like we've taken advantage of a cut price fee in the hope we can get him back to his old form - makes sense to me. 

Well, I will believe that when I see the midfielders.

Players like Polvara clearly have potential, but shouldnt be automatic starts yet, and we clearly lack squad depth for a season, or to allow rotation.

I agree recent signings (regardless of whether they work out) speak of effort and research, as opposed to the chancers of old - eg somebody Jimmy Calderwood met in the pub etc.

Re Pape - the huns will be all over his name, thats for sure, good luck to him.