Pape Habib Guèye

8 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

His current club are desperate to get rid so he's not gonna have great stats recently but still 1 in 4 in Belgium overall and 1 in 2 in Norway so could well turn out nae bad in Scotland

Bojan didn't exactly come with superb stats when we signed him. Suspect this guy is going to be ideal for games like Livi etc who just try and bully teams. They are the games that Bojan etc aren't as effective in and if we are lumping up high balls then Gueye might have a better chance at holding it up than the likes of Bojan. 

4 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Bojan didn't exactly come with superb stats when we signed him. Suspect this guy is going to be ideal for games like Livi etc who just try and bully teams. They are the games that Bojan etc aren't as effective in and if we are lumping up high balls then Gueye might have a better chance at holding it up than the likes of Bojan. 

He's also fast as fuck which definitely gives us another option especially off the bench

We’ve spent mental wonga recently on the likes of this boy and Richardson etc 

it’s a tough market.

we’ve certainly got the bodies in though.

whether any of them are better than Mcrorie remains to be seen though (unlikely) . And I hate that bloody shit of a man 

25 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

His current club are desperate to get rid so he's not gonna have great stats recently but still 1 in 4 in Belgium overall and 1 in 2 in Norway so could well turn out nae bad in Scotland

I think you have to remember that Shankland in the end struggled to get a game for the side bottom of the league in Belgium. Dosnt mean this guy will be a horror. 

Think about all those players  Motherwell, Ross County and the likes have unearthed in the lower leagues in England who turned out well. We are signing players a grade above who are commanding a fee. It's always a gamble, but let's give the club credit for trying something different from loan and bargain basement. 

• Upvote 3
10 minutes ago, Turra red said:

Listening to the abz podcast about new signing the Belgian guy speaking about him didn't give a glowing report. 

He was fast and powerful then had a bad injury and seemed a different player after.

Hope he isn't a African stevie may for us! 

I'm not convinced on the reported fee. The word on the Belgian streets is they were on their knees begging for him to go.

10 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

FFS. I've just noticed that there are 2 Pape Gueye's. Pape Habib Gueye and Pape Allasane Gueye who is a defensive midfielder. I hope to hell the recruitment team weren't on the sauce when they were compiling videos and have signed the right one.

I went looking for our Pape Gueye and thought, if this guy's a striker why the fuck are they playing him in the middle every time? 

Imagine my surprise when I discovered there's TWO of them. 

Ma boab was in serious need of helping. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I went looking for our Pape Gueye and thought, if this guy's a striker why the fuck are they playing him in the middle every time? 

Imagine my surprise when I discovered there's TWO of them. 

Ma boab was in serious need of helping. 

spacer.png

I was thinking the same. This guy can seriously pass a ball and win a tackle. Both are Senegalese.

2 hours ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Think about all those players  Motherwell, Ross County and the likes have unearthed in the lower leagues in England who turned out well. We are signing players a grade above who are commanding a fee. It's always a gamble, but let's give the club credit for trying something different from loan and bargain basement. 

Are these players really a grade above? 

2 hours ago, Johnnyred1 said:

I was thinking the same. This guy can seriously pass a ball and win a tackle. Both are Senegalese.

The other one is the boy that fecked off from Watford saying he thought the club was mental. Turned up at Marseille. Got fined 2.5 million euros for contract breach. Fifa were going to put an embargo on Marseille but the court of arbitration just ruled that the player shoud be banned for four month. Seems light. No major penalty for Marseille. Marseilles paid his fine and got him for the 2.5. Sets a bit of a precedent that you can feck off from somewhere. Or maybe just watford.......

9 hours ago, Turra red said:

Listening to the abz podcast about new signing the Belgian guy speaking about him didn't give a glowing report. 

He was fast and powerful then had a bad injury and seemed a different player after.

Hope he isn't an African stevie may for us! 

I’m worried after listening to that too… you could tell that the Belgian pundit was looking for a diplomatic way to say ‘he’s absolutely shite!’

sounded like he was initially very promising when he was younger, but then snapped his medial ligament in 2021 and has been shite his return.

52 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

I’m worried after listening to that too… you could tell that the Belgian pundit was looking for a diplomatic way to say ‘he’s absolutely shite!’

sounded like he was initially very promising when he was younger, but then snapped his medial ligament in 2021 and has been shite his return.

Hopefully, horses for courses.

The same Belgian pundit probably thinks David Bates looks good. 

2 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

His stats would reflect his time when not injured. You would assume the HR would have done their due diligence post ACL injury. 

• Haha 2