January Transfer Window 😂

Toondon

8 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

Utter shite, he wanted to come, his club were asking for a decent amount of dough. Remember all that chat about “it’s a complicated deal” we heard from Scott burns all summer which basically alluded to cormack penny pinching.

It appears that the guy was not worth what they paid seen as he can't get a game. Cormack proven right if you ask me.

19 minutes ago, Turra red said:

I was hoping for a few itk shouts coming through with the window opening shortly.

A couple of acquisitions could really help us turn the season around.

After the last few January windows I don't expect much though.

Cormack will do his usual. "Really tough window to buy in" bring no cunt in. Sack Robson in February giving new man no time to sign players. Its what he does. Surprised there's still fans out there that don't see it. 

If we're persisting with Robson (and I think win tomorrow and he's here for all of January at least - no-one gets sacked after 3 successive league wins) it might be an idea to pick up a couple of players that suit the system he plays.

On that basis, 2 wing backs and a defensive midfielder. We are very light on wing backs for a team that plays 352/532.

Devlin has been great on the right, but if he's injured, we have Or Dadia, Morris and Duncan as options. Neither of whom are wing backs, and it looks likely at least one of them won't be here for the 2nd half of the season.

On the left we have McGarry (crocked/shit) and Hayes (past it) And Mackenzie who, while decent enough isn't really a wing back. Duncan has played there a few times but it's clearly not his position and he'd maybe benefit form a loan if Morris is ahead of him for a more suitable position on the right.

On top that, maybe an on loan centre back (Williams away) and defensive/box-to-box midfielder to round out the squad.

1 hour ago, Turra red said:

I was hoping for a few itk shouts coming through with the window opening shortly.

There are 2 deals getting close supposedly, after that it's if something happens elsewhere is what I've been told,  they are working on pre contracts also, so it might come that we manage to agree a pre contact and potentially agree a fee to get the player now, but what I've heard certainly well done the line with 2 players.

2 hours ago, Turra red said:

Last January window wasn’t that bad? Took in McDonald and Pollock who played a very big part in us securing third

1 hour ago, Dandys1983 said:

There are 2 deals getting close supposedly, after that it's if something happens elsewhere is what I've been told,  they are working on pre contracts also, so it might come that we manage to agree a pre contact and potentially agree a fee to get the player now, but what I've heard certainly well done the line with 2 players.

We’ve been pretty dreadful at pre contracts in recent years 

9 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

Hope yer right min.

Business early in the window would certainly be a positive. 

9 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

Heard all this before. These players will be waiting till January to see if anything better comes along before accepting our offer. That’s just where the club is and many other clubs are. I’d bet we don’t see any players come in the first week of January.  Would be great if we could get 1 or 2 in right at start of window but it never seems to happen. 

10 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

I know it splits opinions but I would imagine we would be considering Van Veen. Holds the ball up well, plenty fight, wins headers (ideal for hoof ball) and decent scorer.

Hmmm as a 6 month loan IF Miovski departs in January I'd probably agree. But turns 33 in early summer and for me, he'd be a bit too expensive wages wise to risk on a 2 year contract beyond that for someone of that age

Let's not forget before he hit the heady heights of joining Motherwell....and following on from that, Groningen.........the biggest clubs he had played for in his career were Scunthorpe (twice) sandwiching Northampton.

My suspicion anyway is that if he does return to Scotland, it'll be to Hearts to try to appease their support post selling the foreheid to sevco

36 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Hmmm as a 6 month loan IF Miovski departs in January I'd probably agree. But turns 33 in early summer and for me, he'd be a bit too expensive wages wise to risk on a 2 year contract beyond that for someone of that age

Let's not forget before he hit the heady heights of joining Motherwell....and following on from that, Groningen.........the biggest clubs he had played for in his career were Scunthorpe (twice) sandwiching Northampton.

My suspicion anyway is that if he does return to Scotland, it'll be to Hearts to try to appease their support post selling the foreheid to sevco

He’s a one season wonder 

No thanks. Not even on loan.

Keep Miovski until the summer & source a younger replacement. 

51 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Are the players we are supposedly close to signing playing in the UK or abroad just now? Let's hope at least one of them is a midfielder. 

Nae idea, that is all I know👍 nae names no nationality, no idea if they are married or have any pets,🤣 just we are pretty close to signing 2 players in Jan. 👌

23 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

But we don’t need such a large squad with no European football left and only one cup competition 

With all the postponements to catch up on we're going to have a fairly busy schedule after the break too. Can afford to trim a couple perhaps (ie those with 0 minutes anyway) but wouldn't be keen on a massive reduction. 

30 games played in 5 month up to the break and minimum 22 in the remaining 4?