January Transfer Window 😂

Toondon

17 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

He's won 3 of the last 4 league games. I think we are passed the point of him getting binned anytime soon unfortunately, unless he goes on a Goodwin esq run of results

That’s why I said league position rather than results if we are still in the bottom six come end of jan / feb he will more than likely be out so that’s why I only see loans incoming because why would the board bring in players a new manager may just say I don’t want 

28 minutes ago, Baaaaa heid said:

That’s why I said league position rather than results if we are still in the bottom six come end of jan / feb he will more than likely be out so that’s why I only see loans incoming because why would the board bring in players a new manager may just say I don’t want 

Dosnt make any sense though. Is shouldn’t matter who the manager is the recruitment and appointment of managers should work as 1. We should be able to see where we need improvements and signing players on loan or permanent and they will fit in if it’s robson or someone else managing. That’s the whole point of the philosophy.  

Just now, slippers said:

Dosnt make any sense though. Is shouldn’t matter who the manager is the recruitment and appointment of managers should work as 1. We should be able to see where we need improvements and signing players on loan or permanent and they will fit in if it’s robson or someone else managing. That’s the whole point of the philosophy.  

Clear as day we aren't implementing that and I get the impression even more players have no interest in playing for a negative manager. 

In theory that's why clubs have a DOF, so they can oversee recruitment and ensure the style of play remains similar from each 'head coach' to the next, and players signed fit into that style.

Unfortunately we have absolute amateurs running the show so that's not what will be happening here.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

In theory that's why clubs have a DOF, so they can oversee recruitment and ensure the style of play remains similar from each 'head coach' to the next, and players signed fit into that style.

Unfortunately we have absolute amateurs running the show so that's not what will be happening here.

Hard to disagree with above based on how this season has unfolded and we still have robson in charge. 

43 minutes ago, slippers said:

But recruitment is meant to get they players that fit the playing system, personality’s the manager wants in the dressing room the manager at that point while he is in charge but if a new management team comes in it’s a this is our suggestions what do you think if it’s a no then it’s back to the drawing board looking for players he wants or you get managers in that fit a philosophy the club wants, but  where we have went the route of buy cheap and sell high and exciting football but exciting football isn’t really a philosophy because you have people that think hoofball is exciting so 🤷🏻‍♂️

The whole strategy and philosophy stuff is a joke and will continue to be until we actually practice what we preach. Since McInnes left we've had three managers with completely different backgrounds and playing styles which totally expose any notion that those in charge of the football operation have a specific identity in mind for Aberdeen and know how to execute it. 

We won't be going anywhere until we have an experienced director of football who understands that if we're going to go along with this strategy, we have to instil a structure and approach to managerial appointments and recruitment that aligns with it. 

Loads of nonsense that you can't do good business in January as well. It's a line trotted out by those at the club to temper expectations because they don't know what they're doing. We've signed plenty of good players in this window in the past.

• Upvote 7
26 minutes ago, Baaaaa heid said:

But recruitment is meant to get they players that fit the playing system, personality’s the manager wants in the dressing room the manager at that point while he is in charge but if a new management team comes in it’s a this is our suggestions what do you think if it’s a no then it’s back to the drawing board looking for players he wants or you get managers in that fit a philosophy the club wants, but  where we have went the route of buy cheap and sell high and exciting football but exciting football isn’t really a philosophy because you have people that think hoofball is exciting so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well this is the issue. Do we even have a philosophy now? The club like to say we do but we appointed goodwin who played horrendous football and now we have robson. When you have a philosophy you are suppost to appoint people that align to this but we havnt been so who knows.

16 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

The whole strategy and philosophy stuff is a joke and will continue to be until we actually practice what we preach. Since McInnes left we've had three managers with completely different backgrounds and playing styles which totally expose any notion that those in charge of the football operation have a specific identity in mind for Aberdeen and know how to execute it. 

We won't be going anywhere until we have an experienced director of football who understands that if we're going to go along with this strategy, we have to instil a structure and approach to managerial appointments and recruitment that aligns with it. 

Loads of nonsense that you can't do good business in January as well. It's a line trotted out by those at the club to temper expectations because they don't know what they're doing. We've signed plenty of good players in this window in the past.

Pretty well put. 

1 hour ago, Gilhaushans said:

From today’s PJ 

“Aberdeen head of recruitment Jordan Miles is reportedly set to exit Pittodrie for Leeds United.

However, it is understood he will remain at Pittodrie during the January window to continue his recruitment work with the Dons.”

So some work on the recruitment front must be getting done this month… (outcomes / success of said work in terms of new players obviously TBC…) 

He’s staying to facilitate the sale of Duk & Miovski to an unnamed team in Yorkshire.

• Haha 8
6 hours ago, Baaaaa heid said:

But only if they can go straight In the team according to today’s report and as people on here have stated before January is a notoriously hard window to get that type of players in only maybe on loan , so I’m not expecting much movement this window 

The only thing that’s moved in the first half of the season, is Robsons head being interviewed on STV sports section. 

• Dildo 2
18 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

2 players that were good enough to be better and go straight into our 11 would be a notable improvement. 

I don't know that much just all he said was they were working on two and very close, but tbh I was expecting it this week well at least one, as I posted he also said we were working on pre contracts. But it's been a week since I've seen him / spoke to him so will chase up and see 

25 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

I don't know that much just all he said was they were working on two and very close, but tbh I was expecting it this week well at least one, as I posted he also said we were working on pre contracts. But it's been a week since I've seen him / spoke to him so will chase up and see 

Hopefully the pre contracts are agreed and its 2 players we just want to announce as signed this month so we're working on the fee to get them now.

10 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Gartenman is one, it would appear.

Oh dear. 
Shows poor judgement. Again.

And I see he’s STILL trotting out the excuse that Gartenmann, Ruby & Jensen came in late in the window   
They’ve had about 25 games together FFS.  
WTF relevance does that have in January?
And yet we have the worst goals against per game ratio in the league.

What a tool he is. 

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Fuck sake.  Started off well but has went rapidly downhill.  Been garbage the past couple of months

You could possibly attribute that to having been coached by the chuckle brothers for the last few months, that's bound to have an effect on him. 

• Upvote 2

I'm not a fan of Gartenmann's in the slightest but wouldn't write him off completely yet.

He's played the majority of his games at RCB in a back 3, which I don't think he's suited to. Playing this role he has to cover Devlin when he gets forward and this is where he's been caught out a lot (think it was one of the St Mirren goals was the latest example). He's also had Ruby on the other side of him most of the time and given his natural instinct to go attack everything, Gartenmann has had to try cover the space he leaves there as well. Again he's been pretty poor at that.

His two best games was when he played in the centre of the back 3 against Hearts and in the back 4 against Ross County. 

He has a lot to prove, but those performances give me a bit of hope. It might be similar to Scales last year, when we finally ditched Stewart, his game improved loads.

• Upvote 3