January Transfer Window 😂

Toondon

10 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Think some of the comments about Gartenmann are harsh.

He's had a bad month or so but he started really well so clearly there is a player there.

He's probably more reliable than Ruby tbh. 

And Jensen. 

Up the Gart. 

12 hours ago, NEM said:

Fuck sake.  Started off well but has went rapidly downhill.  Been garbage the past couple of months

Tbf, who hasn't? 

IMO he's clearly a good player and had a very good game up at County with Ruby in the back 4. 

The 5-3-2 didn't help any of our players. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, McginnAgain said:

Worrying that none of the players mentioned are sitting midfielders. Makes me wonder whether I've been watching the same games as the folk at the club.

If players ain't available they won't be signing players for the sake of it anymore. (Fact)

I'm trying to get some more info on the 2 players we are trying to get this month. 

14 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

From what I've just heard is our manager 'may' have played for a club we are trying to get someone from, dunno if that goes with other information on here at moment. 

Whatever is going down hopefully it gives the club as a whole a lift.

Ryan Gauld.

18 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

From what I've just heard is our manager 'may' have played for a club we are trying to get someone from, dunno if that goes with other information on here at moment. 

James McCarthy now plus Scott Bain on a pre-contract?

Carrick for our new manager?

So rumours so far for January- potential pollock return, some player from villa previously on loan at an England league 1 club , garteman on a permanent , some winger from West Ham who we will try to convert in to a wing back unless robbo is changing it to a back 4 (unlikely) and some player that will be potentially our biggest ever ( out with Nicholas and gillhaus ) , I’m going with one out that rumours coming off but equally wouldn’t be surprised if none of that happened , I’ve set my expectations low for this window and the rest of the season as not to be disappointed ( my resolution not to get to excited about Aberdeen) 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

One of a few we are looking at I've heard, there's one player that would be the clubs biggest signing if we pull it off, seems too ambitious imo but would be a real show of intent if we managed it.

Simon Bloch Jorgensen?? - German goalkeeper without a club at the moment - he is 6ft 10 inch

27 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

If players ain't available they won't be signing players for the sake of it anymore. (Fact)

Curious as to which players would fall into that category previously. 

Just seems like something a young player on a 6 month loan would be suitable for! Not a big commitment from the club.

57 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Greg Tansey BHH

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

i do find this hard to believe given they were best muckers last season.

If MacDonald does not see eye to eye with Robson then I'd not be convinced Pollock would be running back?

Who says they don't see eye to eye? He named him as captain for a game not that long ago.

Don't say Minijc told you...

2 hours ago, minijc said:

Maybe not that big actually but this lad has won plenty several leagues and cups.

Then why say it would be the biggest signing in our history if it's not even close to being the biggest signing in our history?

Especially since you made it all up anyway. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Is Turnbull exactly the player we need right now?

No doubting his ability, if not his recent injuries, but as a goalscoring midfielder, aren’t we already covered in that area, whilst bereft in defensive midfield and down the flanks?

But we could play him out of position like we do with all our other midfielders.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Is Turnbull exactly the player we need right now?

No doubting his ability, if not his recent injuries, but as a goalscoring midfielder, aren’t we already covered in that area, whilst bereft in defensive midfield?

I don't think we have anyone like him, Barron Turnbull, Polvara McGrath, Clarkson, sounds good too me. 

Though I don't think he would come...but certainly someone the club would be interested in.

2 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

Craig Sibbald