January Transfer Window 😂

Toondon

1 hour ago, thurso said:

Geez we already have a player who runs the ball out of play and can’t cross it. 

James Forrest even at 32 or whatever would be the most creative player in our unbalanced squad. 1 maybe 2 year deal wouldn't be the worst bit of business and I believe Celtic want rid. 

So, to sum up our January window:

- We don’t sack our incompetent manager at the winter break to give our new manager a couple of weeks to tweak the squad

- We sack our incompetent manager the day before the window shuts, not giving us time to source a new manager & use the transfer window.

- We’re allegedly on the verge of selling one of our best assets with hours of the window left. 
And possibly no replacement in. 

- The only player we’ve brought in is a bench warmer whom Robson wanted, the same Robson that was fired a few days after signing him.

What a fucking shambles we are.

Way to go, Messrs Cormack & Gunn

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
Just now, minijc said:

Well if the player has had enough and who can blame him, then it's probably best to let him go.

Then again, instead of selling him on the cheap, why not convince him to stay and embrace the new ambience that will circulate around the team once the new manager arrives. (No clue who that will be, by the way)

Cardiff are apparently in for James Forrest

That would, I presume, put us out the running

Would love to be a fly on the wall at Cormack Park/Pittodrie today. Here's me naively thinking that by punting Robson, we'd actually have a plan and be able to appoint a successor within 24 hours.

What a laugh. 

6 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Would be mad to sell Duk with a new manager incoming at some point.

Unless wheels are already in motion, or Duk himself  just wants to gtfo... which would be understandable. 

But with an caretaker manager, would that manager have the power to make decisions regarding current or future transfers or player movements in or out?

Cormack has pretty much fucked us with his incompetence and indecision. 

Again. 

11 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Then again, instead of selling him on the cheap, why not convince him to stay and embrace the new ambience that will circulate around the team once the new manager arrives. (No clue who that will be, by the way)

Way past that now. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Cardiff are apparently in for James Forrest

That would, I presume, put us out the running

Would love to be a fly on the wall at Cormack Park/Pittodrie today. Here's me naively thinking that by punting Robson, we'd actually have a plan and be able to appoint a successor within 24 hours.

What a laugh. 

We are very poorly run, from the top down.

January has made that patently obvious.

The lack of organised thinking & rationale is mind blowing. 

• Upvote 2

Quick check shows that Forrest's Celtic contract runs out summer 2025. Just before he turns 34.

We do have an obvious need for a winger and although his game time this season has been limited he's probably still good enough for a place in any team in the SPL outwith Celtic (or sevco of course though that would never happen anyway). I'd rather just have him on loan till the summer when our new manager can then source a player of his own choosing but if Celtic are insisting on him leaving for the full term of what's left on his contract, so long as they are covering a minimum of 66% of his due wages I could probably live with it

22 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

So, to sum up our January window:

- We don’t sack our incompetent manager at the winter break to give our new manager a couple of weeks to tweak the squad

- We sack our incompetent manager the day before the window shuts, not giving us time to source a new manager & use the transfer window.

- We’re allegedly on the verge of selling one of our best assets with hours of the window left. 
And possibly no replacement in. 

- The only player we’ve brought in is a bench warmer whom Robson wanted, the same Robson that was fired a few days after signing him.

What a fucking shambles we are.

Way to go, Messrs Cormack & Gunn

That’s what’s running AFC a comedy team, who’ve been taking the piss and lying to the supporters for months, and letting one of the GOONS manage the team. 

• Dildo 1
1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Quick check shows that Forrest's Celtic contract runs out summer 2025. Just before he turns 34.

We do have an obvious need for a winger and although his game time this season has been limited he's probably still good enough for a place in any team in the SPL outwith Celtic (or sevco of course though that would never happen anyway). I'd rather just have him on loan till the summer when our new manager can then source a player of his own choosing but if Celtic are insisting on him leaving for the full term of what's left on his contract, so long as they are covering a minimum of 66% of his due wages I could probably live with it

How many weeks would  it take him to get up to match fitness.???????