January Transfer Window 😂

Toondon

Probably an obvious one but the lad at Kilmarnock looks a hell of a player. David Watson. 

The exact type of signings I want us to snap up. Might be pricey but with out track record of moving players on to good leagues and bigger clubs, you'd think he'd be buzzing at the prospect. 

Quality player at only 18.

• Upvote 3
52 minutes ago, minijc said:

Which will have been going off what the manager wanted tbf.

Yeah was a good podcast he did with ABZ. Seem to recall him emphasis was on athleticism by manager for full back. Even Scott said he was very raw. I also remember his mates taking the piss everytime we signed a winger as we signed so many. Then we stopped using them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well of  the 13 signed in summer happy enough with 7 of them but not sure about Williams Dadia M cgarry Sokler or Gueye.Maybe Williams and Dadia can have their loans cancelled.What about getting Mcrorie back on loan if fit?The manager that took him to Bristol has been sacked.

1 hour ago, ERNIE said:

Well of  the 13 signed in summer happy enough with 7 of them but not sure about Williams Dadia M cgarry Sokler or Gueye.Maybe Williams and Dadia can have their loans cancelled.What about getting Mcrorie back on loan if fit?The manager that took him to Bristol has been sacked.

Get McCrorie to fuck. The useless hun bastard.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, ERNIE said:

Fairly sure McCrorie is out till the new year at the earliest with some mysterious medical condition. Not sure he even managed to play a pre-season friendly for Bristol before it occurred. Can't see them loaning him out once fit until they've at least seen how he fits into their side

Would hope we are getting a new keeper in January (especially if Roos doesn’t sign a new deal) & would imagine that is being out of Europe will mean we can broaden our search & not have to rely on likes of Doohan as No.2

Is the boy Hemmings at St Mirren any good? I see he’s on loan for a year but cheeky bid for him to Middlesbrough 🤔 no idea if he’s any good as still young (for a keeper) & I see he done well at Killie in championship 15 clean sheets from 36 games.

Maybe Celtic would do a wee deal with us in January for Barron (he’s clearly going anyway) & we get Siegrest 🤔

We definitely need a far better keeper than Doohan to challenge/replace Roos though. That’s for sure

5 hours ago, ERNIE said:

Someone told me ages ago Williams would never play for the Dons and then head back in January. I didnt believe it but the games are slowly ticking off each week

10 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Maybe Celtic would do a wee deal with us in January for Barron (he’s clearly going anyway) & we get Siegrest .

Fuck doing any business what so ever with those cunts - especially when we haven't replaced ramadani and are short of quality in there as it is. Would rather lose him for the compensation fee in summer and target another goal keeper.

When Siegrist initially left United I'd have been more than happy to have us sign him to be our new first choice 'keeper. 

However it's now verging on the bizarre that he's (at best) third choice at Celtic and that 2 managers rate Scott fucking Bain ahead of him.

No idea if they'd do a deal for Barron which included Siegrist as a partial makeweight but I'm in agreement with DD above.........I'd rather just keep Barron till the end of the season and collect the statutory compensation we'd get for him should he refuse to extend his contract. If Roos also chooses to fuck off next summer, there will be plenty of 'keepers of a similar ability to choose from we can sign on a pre-contract.

1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

Fuck doing any business what so ever with those cunts - especially when we haven't replaced ramadani and are short of quality in there as it is. Would rather lose him for the compensation fee in summer and target another goal keeper.

Correct.

I wouldn’t give either of those abhorrent clubs in Glasgow the cure for cancer.

No loans. No player sales. 

Just don’t deal with them. At all. 

Fuck them both. 

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

What do we need in January then?

Folk were praying for a hardman midfielder on deadline day? Is that still the top priority?

I'd imagine we'll go back in for Baccus from St Mirren. However if things continue to not go well for Hearts, they might well have a managerial vacancy in the not too distant future and you'd imagine that Robinson from St M might have a decent chance at filling it. And that he'd probably want Baccus to follow him.

It's definitely the most urgent position we need to address. Some of our support didn't particularly appreciate Ramadani last season but we are missing him badly.