January Transfer Window 😂

Toondon

11 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I'd imagine we'll go back in for Baccus from St Mirren. However if things continue to not go well for Hearts, they might well have a managerial vacancy in the not too distant future and you'd imagine that Robinson from St M might have a decent chance at filling it. And that he'd probably want Baccus to follow him.

It's definitely the most urgent position we need to address. Some of our support didn't particularly appreciate Ramadani last season but we are missing him badly.

I’d hope the club have been looking elsewhere and have a Ramadani replacement lined up to join straightaway when the window opens and not spend the month chasing Baccus only for him to go to another team or St Mirren to dig their heels in and not sell

11 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I'd imagine we'll go back in for Baccus from St Mirren. However if things continue to not go well for Hearts, they might well have a managerial vacancy in the not too distant future and you'd imagine that Robinson from St M might have a decent chance at filling it. And that he'd probably want Baccus to follow him.

It's definitely the most urgent position we need to address. Some of our support didn't particularly appreciate Ramadani last season but we are missing him badly.

I think we'll go after Baccus again aswell. Hopefully learned the lessons from the summer window about hanging on until the last knockings of the window. Get him to agree to a pre-contract then once that's agreed try and agree to fee with St Mirren. Its then up to them whether they want a couple of hundred grand to strengthen their squad or get fuck all and lose him for free. 

Don't think we'll go after Strain as we already have Devlin who's probably got better stats this season than Strain.

Baccus would be a good start. Keeping hold of Bojan has to be the biggest thing in Jan though. Above all else. 

Then I'd look at getting shot of some of the players who haven't started. Punt Williams and Dadia back to their clubs. No point paying their wages if they aren't contributing. 

We don't need as big a squad as first half of the campaign and he hasn't even used most of the reserves anyway.

In

2 x cm (rama and barron replacements)

Out

Sell Barron if not signed new deal - if he does only need 1 CM above.

Vinny - sell/loan with option to buy summer

Dadia/Williams - terminate loans.

Gueye - send out on loan

Pre contracts

Strain

Goalkeeper 

2 hours ago, Hoofball said:

I’d hope the club have been looking elsewhere and have a Ramadani replacement lined up to join straightaway when the window opens and not spend the month chasing Baccus only for him to go to another team or St Mirren to dig their heels in and not sell

I actually have a suspicion they won't sell him in January. Right now they're deservedly sitting in 3rd place in the league with  a game/games in hand over those immediately below them and 6 points ahead of us. Finishing 3rd (I admit it's probably still unlikely but for now it can't be ruled out) would earn them far more from Europe etc than getting a smallish transfer fee in for a player with 6 months to go on his contract. Even finishing 4th, only playing one Europa Conference tie and losing it would probably earn them slightly more from the prize money/gate money than they'd get selling him.

I'd be ok with us getting Baccus on a pre-contract and bringing in a loan defensive midfielder for the second half of the season. 

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I actually have a suspicion they won't sell him in January. Right now they're deservedly sitting in 3rd place in the league with  a game/games in hand over those immediately below them and 6 points ahead of us. Finishing 3rd (I admit it's probably still unlikely but for now it can't be ruled out) would earn them far more from Europe etc than getting a smallish transfer fee in for a player with 6 months to go on his contract. Even finishing 4th, only playing one Europa Conference tie and losing it would probably earn them slightly more from the prize money/gate money than they'd get selling him.

I'd be ok with us getting Baccus on a pre-contract and bringing in a loan defensive midfielder for the second half of the season. 

Fourth place will have a minimum of 2 european ties providing that one of the top four win the Scottish Cup.

1st = Champions League

2nd = Champions League QR3

3rd / Cup winner = Europa PO

3rd /4th = Europa QR2

4th / 5th = Conference QR2

So third is as big as the last two seasons but now fourth is also quite a big prize as you have two bites at the cherry

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Fourth place will have a minimum of 2 european ties providing that one of the top four win the Scottish Cup.

1st = Champions League

2nd = Champions League QR3

3rd / Cup winner = Europa PO

3rd /4th = Europa QR2

4th / 5th = Conference QR2

So third is as big as the last two seasons but now fourth is also quite a big prize as you have two bites at the cherry

So if the hun or smeltic win the cup providing we finish 3rd we'll get the Europa PO again. Hope we can get to the SC final in any case.

21 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

So if the hun or smeltic win the cup providing we finish 3rd we'll get the Europa PO again. Hope we can get to the SC final in any case.

I think even 4th place is a good league result for us this season given you need to win 3 ties for group stages but with one lifeline, and probably seeded in the first game.

Top 3 finish would be fantastic

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

I think even 4th place is a good league result for us this season given you need to win 3 ties for group stages but with one lifeline, and probably seeded in the first game.

Top 3 finish would be fantastic

3rd would be a miracle under the current set up! Even unfortunately 4th would be debatable. Actually Cup win more feasible 

47 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

3rd would be a miracle under the current set up! Even unfortunately 4th would be debatable. Actually Cup win more feasible 

Silverware is everything so we'd take some disappointment in the league in return for lifting one or both of the cups.