January Transfer Window 😂

Toondon

29 minutes ago, slippers said:

Good to see you’re finally on board. 

I've never not been onboard but I do tend to try and look at the positives. That said his appointment of Glass for me is and will always be unforgivable. 

His (Cormack) tenure has been an unmitigated disaster. Apart from the new away kit (which is hardly a feather in his cap)I fail to see any positives in AFC since he came in. The stadium appears to be even further away than ever, he's overseen 3 absolutely cluster fucks of managers and the style of football has not improved in the slightest since he decided to undermine McInnes and get rid of the only stability we have had in years. 

We can argue the McInnes point to death again but I'm firmly in the camp that we would be a far superior side if he was still in charge. I know the usual suspects will be foaming at the mouth at that assessment but tbh I don't really care.

We're becoming a laughing stock. Part of me feels that we cannot keep hiring and firing managers every year but at the same time we cannot continue to perform as we are. I have zero faith that he'll get the next appointment correct either. Ultimately it's a decision and process that is coming as I can't see anything changing under Robson.

• Upvote 5

34 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Vicente Besuijen has joined Eerste Divisie side FC Emmen on loan for the remainder of the season.

Its all coming together for Robson. Get all the cunts out that have stood up to him.

MacDonald next

1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

I've never not been onboard but I do tend to try and look at the positives. That said his appointment of Glass for me is and will always be unforgivable. 

His (Cormack) tenure has been an unmitigated disaster. Apart from the new away kit (which is hardly a feather in his cap)I fail to see any positives in AFC since he came in. The stadium appears to be even further away than ever, he's overseen 3 absolutely cluster fucks of managers and the style of football has not improved in the slightest since he decided to undermine McInnes and get rid of the only stability we have had in years. 

We can argue the McInnes point to death again but I'm firmly in the camp that we would be a far superior side if he was still in charge. I know the usual suspects will be foaming at the mouth at that assessment but tbh I don't really care.

We're becoming a laughing stock. Part of me feels that we cannot keep hiring and firing managers every year but at the same time we cannot continue to perform as we are. I have zero faith that he'll get the next appointment correct either. Ultimately it's a decision and process that is coming as I can't see anything changing under Robson.

Your right with everything above. I 100% agree mcinnes had to go at time, but we would 100% be better off had he still been here, I have no doubts about that. 

7 minutes ago, slippers said:

Your right with everything above. I 100% agree mcinnes had to go at time, but we would 100% be better off had he still been here, I have no doubts about that. 

Common sense.

Hindsight is great but we had the chance to pull trigger in enough time to protect european qualification. It was a sound basis at the time and paid for the change of manager

1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

The only thing i would credit Cormack for is his Park, but at the end of the day, it’s conversely ended up making us worse. But to be fair, if it wasn’t for Cormack, we’d still be training at Balgownie or The Barracks.

Other than that, his reign has been a total clusterfuck.

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

The only thing i would credit Cormack for is his Park, but at the end of the day, it’s conversely ended up making us worse. But to be fair, if it wasn’t for Cormack, we’d still be training at Balgownie or The Barracks.

Remember the good old days when they trained at Seaton Park and the beach and we were winning titles and cups.

9 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Build a park/training facility and have the ego to name it after yourself. 

🤔

I remember the board getting excited that we would attract better players and the facility would improve performances. I said at the time that it didn't stop Hibs getting relegated. Unfortunately, our budget is on par with hundreds of other clubs and we are all fighting over the same ordinary scraps that are leftover. Sometimes we get a good morsel or two but never enough for a consistent period of success.

I literally just want Robson out, even if we had to forgone any-one coming in at all.  I cannot stand watching my club any more, I care deeply, but hate hate hate watching the demise beyond mediocrity into the pits of pathetic anti football we are being forced to endure right now.  I don’t know what it’s going to take to get him out, but the contempt we are being treated to by our supposed FMB is beyond acceptable, and every wise commentator or obeservant of the beautiful game can see the current and continued demise of our great club and all are wondering why the hell is nothing being done to stop this slippery slide, absolutely passionate Don but like others rapidly becoming ambivalent, this is an incredibly dangerous place to be for our club.  

16 hours ago, TerryMcDermott said:

I’d bet my house these first picks make the bench. 

Well that’s 1 must win that didn’t happen.  If that 4 on the bench got a game we would have won.   Looking forward to the next must win on Saturday.   But if we couldn’t beat St Johnston who were knocked out of the cup by Airdrie it’s a hearts win at home on Saturday so we can all forget about 3 rd spot finish.  And the Neep from Inverurie will still be in charge. 

36 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

I literally just want Robson out, even if we had to forgone any-one coming in at all.  I cannot stand watching my club any more, I care deeply, but hate hate hate watching the demise beyond mediocrity into the pits of pathetic anti football we are being forced to endure right now.  I don’t know what it’s going to take to get him out, but the contempt we are being treated to by our supposed FMB is beyond acceptable, and every wise commentator or obeservant of the beautiful game can see the current and continued demise of our great club and all are wondering why the hell is nothing being done to stop this slippery slide, absolutely passionate Don but like others rapidly becoming ambivalent, this is an incredibly dangerous place to be for our club.  

Your 1st sentence is immaterial, in the sense that it doesn't matter that we would have a youth coach taking charge v Hearts. That should have zero implication as to whether Robson gets the boot or not.

Duff/Hayes/Anderson v Hearts as caretakers, a Lennon or suchlike as caretaker for the Dundee game and the foreseeable future  (end of the season, in reality) then a proper qualified and experienced guy comes in as permanent boss after that.

Simples.

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Your 1st sentence is immaterial, in the sense that it doesn't matter that we would have a youth coach taking charge v Hearts. That should have zero implication as to whether Robson gets the boot or not.

Duff/Hayes/Anderson v Hearts as caretakers, a Lennon or suchlike as caretaker for the Dundee game and the foreseeable future  (end of the season, in reality) then a proper qualified and experienced guy comes in as permanent boss after that.

Simples.

One flaw.

Lennon ain’t going to accept on a caretaker basis. 

Please bin all chat of that toxic wee rat 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Tommy said:

Imagine the reaction if he was appointed.

Tempered by the relief that we got rid of Robson, steady the ship and perhaps have us fighting for points again - negative reaction would subside if we started to win games again

Maybe a temp position until end of the season, if he was willing to accept that 

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Get a full time manager in.

Any caretaker would likely get it if they did well. 
We have previous for caving in like that. 

Never mind spunking hundreds of thousands on the likes of Guèye.

Invest in a good manager. 

Its doubtful you'll get a full time manager in at such short notice. The alternative is extending the tenure of the youth coach, or whoever it is that takes the Hearts game, which is surely not an option.

All this is bollocks anyway as Robson will be there to pick his nose on the touchline at Tynie.

21 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Who takes the team in 48 hrs time v Hearts, then? Robson? That is an even more reprehensible option

Its not a easy one to answer bud.  I'm of the belief that if a manager goes he takes all the coaching staff with him.  We have plenty of the Mcinnes Brown Glass and Onewin era still stinking the place out.  In fact even further back.  We need new ideas new approach and people with pedigree at coaching.  Nae joabs for boys types

4 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Its not a easy one to answer bud.  I'm of the belief that if a manager goes he takes all the coaching staff with him.  We have plenty of the Mcinnes Brown Glass and Onewin era still stinking the place out.  In fact even further back.  We need new ideas new approach and people with pedigree at coaching.  Nae joabs for boys types

Agree. 

However, who takes the team via Hearts this weekend? You and me?

Unless the FMB have been very proactive, and have discussed the possibility that Robson needs removed, and have some fucker already lined up, then it simply has to be one of the youth academy coaches.

Or, Robson. You choose

• Upvote 1