January Transfer Window šŸ˜‚

Toondon

53 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

Mattie Pollock off to Derby on a permanent deal. Sounds like he's knocked us back at the last minute.

Find that unlikely, unless they've managed to get him for nothing or some kind of pay later deal, they are still under financial restrictions until August.

Ā 

But still doesn't change the fact he's not coming back here.

31 minutes ago, minijc said:

Rejection FC, maybe if they got a proper DoF and manager a lot less players would be rejecting them.

Would YOU sign for a club that has an admin manager as DoF, & a bang average under 18ā€™s coach as first team manager?

Nope. Me neither.

There were glaring holes in the squad we didnā€™t fill in the summer. Ā 
Thereā€™s not even a hint of a signing. Ā 
Time yet of course, but to not sign a couple of players in this window is tantamount to throwing in the towel for the season.

Iā€™d happily accept no signings if they sacked Robson though.Ā 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Are the two Taylors still on?

The Terry Taylor thing was a joke, I guess we are still interested in Clayton Taylor, sure he'll get plenty of game time if we sign him, maybe do a stint at left wing back despite being an attacker.Ā 

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Would YOU sign for a club that has an admin manager as DoF, & a bang average under 18ā€™s coach as first team manager?

Nope. Me neither.

There were glaring holes in the squad we didnā€™t fill in the summer. Ā 
Thereā€™s not even a hint of a signing. Ā 
Time yet of course, but to not sign a couple of players in this window is tantamount to throwing in the towel for the season.

Iā€™d happily accept no signings if they sacked Robson though.Ā 

He's here for a cup run šŸ˜„

10 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

I've never not been onboard but I do tend to try and look at the positives. That said his appointment of Glass for me is and will always be unforgivable.Ā 

His (Cormack) tenure has been an unmitigated disaster. Apart from the new away kit (which is hardly a feather in his cap)I fail to see any positives in AFC since he came in. The stadium appears to be even further away than ever, he's overseen 3 absolutely cluster fucks of managers and the style of football has not improved in the slightest since he decided to undermine McInnes and get rid of the only stability we have had in years.Ā 

We can argue the McInnes point to death again but I'm firmly in the camp that we would be a far superior side if he was still in charge. I know the usual suspects will be foaming at the mouth at that assessment but tbh I don't really care.

We're becoming a laughing stock. Part of me feels that we cannot keep hiring and firing managers every year but at the same time we cannot continue to perform as we are. I have zero faith that he'll get the next appointment correct either. Ultimately it's a decision and process that is coming as I can't see anything changing under Robson.

I donā€™t think anyone would argue that any of Glass, Goodwin, or Robson are better managers than Mcinnes other than Goodwin & Robson maybe.

Thanks for resuscitating the topic again though.Ā 
Ā 

Itā€™s like choosing best between licking a dried dog shit & picking up a wet human shit bare handed.Ā 

Better decision for Pollock.Ā 
Ā 

Every chance they'll be playing Championship next year and if he can cement his place in their team I'm sure that's where he'd rather be.Ā 
Ā 

Not far from where he's from either.Ā 
Ā 

Who in their right mind would want to head north to this shitshow at the moment?

4 minutes ago, thurso said:

Can you be more specific with how many then have knocked us back.
Need some proper gossip instead of page after page of robson must go on every topic threadĀ 

At least 4 players in the summer, a couple so far this Jan.

27 minutes ago, thurso said:

Can you be more specific with how many then have knocked us back.
Need some proper gossip instead of page after page of robson must go on every topic threadĀ 

I've already given you who we have a firm interest in on a pre-contract, and a slight chance of getting him in this window.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I donā€™t think anyone would argue that any of Glass, Goodwin, or Robson are better managers than Mcinnes other than Goodwin & Robson maybe.

Ā 

Itā€™s like choosing best between licking a dried dog shit & picking up a wet human shit bare handed.Ā 

The number you require is 111. I genuinely hope that you get the help you require.Ā 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Ā 

You say this like you are speaking from experience.Ā  Which did you choose?

44 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

I've already given you who we have a firm interest in on a pre-contract, and a slight chance of getting him in this window.

Good player. Mobile, comfortable on the ball and seems to be able to make good defensive recoveries. What we miss.Ā 
Ā 

Don't see him addressing the problems with width, though.Ā