League Cup

Message added by Bebo,

Hullo Hullo to the good folks from Swallow Swallow.

:hunbash:

You let your club die. :rangers:

:sheepdance:

37 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Anyways, shite side of Hampden, where’s best to go to before? My old man had a stroke a couple years ago and is coming along so can’t walk miles.

Last semi final we just chanced our hand and got in one of the bars but were lucky to get in. 

Rutherglen. East side of Hampden, loads of bars there, and about a 25/30 min walk to Hampden.

Edit: Just read your post again, it might be a touch too far to walk for your dad. 

2 hours ago, The Boofon said:

Struggling to work out how in 2023 with modern technology and easy access to the World Wide Web there were folk who were unable to get online to buy a ticket.

Unless you were locked in some metal room with no date signal it surely wouldn't have taken much effort to get logged on and buy one.

Busy at work? Go for a shite, take your phone with you and get online.

Driving from work? Pull over to a safe location and get online.

Busy hoovering the stairs? Stop hoovering and get online.

Anyone without a ticket has to take full responsibility for their ineptitude.

I was in a helicopter when the tickets went on general sale. Could have bought in morning but loons despite having season tickets aren't up to 200 points. By time I had landed, got an induction, had my supper, signed into wifi, I was easily able to get one at 7.45pm. Like you said no excuses.

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, brunstanesheep said:

I was in a helicopter when the tickets went on general sale. Could have bought in morning but loons despite having season tickets aren't up to 200 points. By time I had landed, got an induction, had my supper, signed into wifi, I was easily able to get one at 7.45pm. Like you said no excuses.

Exactly, if you are seriously wanting to go to the cup final, you would’ve got yourself a ticket or made arrangements to obtain one from someone else. 

• Upvote 1

Hopefully the folks that missed out will be taken care of within the further 2500.  The club made a mistake but probably didn't expect to sell out on the first day. That was especially fast. 

First cup final in a few years and against the Huns was always going to sell out though.  We could probably have sold nearer 30,000 than 15,000

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Anyways, shite side of Hampden, where’s best to go to before? My old man had a stroke a couple years ago and is coming along so can’t walk miles.

55 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Rutherglen. East side of Hampden, loads of bars there, and about a 25/30 min walk to Hampden.

Edit: Just read your post again, it might be a touch too far to walk for your dad. 

@DelMonteRutherglen is 'probably' your best shout as @Duntysays

There's quite a few bars, one or two that hold big numbers, and some more that 'can' be relatively quiet for cup finals

Arranging a taxi given the distance, and your dad being unable to walk to Hampden, would be a good shout 👍

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Dunty said:

All the people on this thread saying "you should have known to log on at 5pm" are the same people who thought we'd only sell 15,000.

The club messed up here, not the fans.

I think that I kinda kicked that off by posting 'good luck shifting 19500 after that,' with 'that' being the Celtic game

Had they (AFC) stuck with their 'usual' way of selling tickets for these type of games, I still believe we would have struggled

That said - After all the complaining / lobbying (rightly so) we made for a 50/50 split, I can understand (Welcomed even, I think!) why they've been so very keen to shift them quickly this time

Whilst I agree with your earlier comments in terms of what constitutes a decent return of points over 5 seasons, I feel you are wrong to go after the club, solely

There was ample communication with regards to the process / timing as far as I'm concerned, and I think your fury / anger should be directed towards the inherent bias of the SPFL. Ultimately, that's what's caused this

*As an aside, there were only 2 or 3 on here, that I noticed anyway, that mentioned numbers / hand backs - I'm not aware of this being widespread

1 hour ago, Dunty said:

Edit: Just read your post again, it might be a touch too far to walk for your dad. c15

go through rutherglen and park on curtis avenue,thats where i always park for games,concerts short 10 min walk down the hill and theres a pub on the corner canna mine its name though

2 hours ago, Dunty said:

Aye, touch and go. Cheers anyway. 

59 minutes ago, NorfolkDandy said:

@DelMonteRutherglen is 'probably' your best shout as @Duntysays

There's quite a few bars, one or two that hold big numbers, and some more that 'can' be relatively quiet for cup finals

Arranging a taxi given the distance, and your dad being unable to walk to Hampden, would be a good shout 👍

We’ve actually hired a mini bus but could be a cunt getting parked if we got back in the bus at 2pm for example. Taxi is a shout however, cheers. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Eddiereddie said:

I wiz actually wantin tae ken the script wae eh ticket ciz a seen oan the Twitter about ese Hun cunts and being 75 n stayin in South Africa and getting oor fur  eh final might no be is easy is first ken it wid a been.

Gid ti see yair ain kind call iz that eh? 

nae wunner i wiz warnt aboot esse forum hings and social media my daughter Julia set this up fir iz

This reads like Stephen Hawkings voice generator was donated to Ninewells

People need to chill out, will be plenty tickets to go round. The ticket office will weed out those with no history, amusingly bought by fans of a club with no history. Fuck knows what actually happened to the system to even allow that, fuck up somewhere. 

Once that's done more will go on sale. I don't believe they actually sold out to Aberdeen supporters already. It's a week before Christmas on a Sunday, diddy cup as well.

Be a stupid hun to go in our end on cup final day when most fans will be pissed, hopefully some do slip through the net for the entertainment value.

I don't have tickets bought yet but season ticket holder for years, not in any doubt at all I'll get tickets, anyone who wants one will get.

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

100 acre for the Huns semi last season was a bit crazy.

I think that's the only previous time I've been drinking over that side always the Huns end or coming from town

We were there for that game. Can't mind much about it as was Ricky the Dragon Steamboats. Not sure if we are booking in there this time or not.