League Cup

Message added by Bebo,

Hullo Hullo to the good folks from Swallow Swallow.

:hunbash:

You let your club die. :rangers:

:sheepdance:

10 hours ago, Redmist1903 said:

Did the club make a mistake though or was selling a heap of tickets asap instead of the normal drip feed over the course of the weeks running up to the final part of the gameplan? I'm pretty sure once the huns had sold out their allocation immediately after going on sale and we still had a load left that our mysterious allocated / not allocated 2500 tickets would be heading their way, probably printed already, not to mention backing up our claim that we would have sold 50% of the tickets and should have been allocated 50%......... 

The club didn't show much loyalty to decent supporters who didn't quite have 200 points allowing them no special treatment, instead letting them scramble about for tickets when they went directly to general sale to anybody on the database but I think they've now stumbled upon the blueprint to ensure fast efficient selling of tickets going forward rather than the normal fannying around for weeks. Going forward I think this would work...... 8hr window for supporters with >200 points, next 8 hour window for supporters with >100 points, then open it us to general sale after that, tickets all sold in 24 hours nae bother! Advertise it well ahead of time on club website and social media, email all with a Dons ID, if folk can't get their shit together and organise purchasing tickets in their 8 hour window then no one to blame but themselves.

Like many people have said, anyone who wants a ticket will get one and what the club have done this time might work well in future if they take onboard the lessons learned. 

You'd think we've never been in a cup final or played a big euro game before. The club know fine how to sell tickets for these kind of games properly. As you say, it should have gone 200 points, then 100, then general sale. This is how we've sold tickets for games previously. 

On this occasion, they've caved to media / SPFL pressure and just decided to get tickets sold as fast as possible due to the media spotlight on the 50/50 split of tickets.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, DandyWarhol said:

'As far as I'm aware' is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that statement!  It was a general sale and all you needed was an account to access that, which you could register for directly on the website.  Though I do agree that there won't have been 1000s of huns who have got tickets that way.

The club will know how many people with high points numbers, season tickets, dna members etc have missed out, and also how many tickets have been bought through accounts with next to no points or purchasing history.  It will be causing them quite a bit of concern which is why they're having to re check so many of the orders.

Did they change the process completely when selling Cup Final tickets?

I lost details of my account when they changed the user account system a few years ago.  I live south of London and don't get to much games so didn't have any purchasing history showing on my account when I tried to buy a ticket for the rangers home game next Saturday.  The tickets were on general sale at that time, but tickets could still only be purchased if you had a prior buying history.  That is, first time buyers wouldn't be able to buy a ticket.  I would have expected General Sale for Cup Final to have meant the same this time round, no?

Regarding the rangers home game, I contacted the club and they (said they) were able to see evidence of my previous buying history and so I was able to get my ticket.

26 minutes ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

Did they change the process completely when selling Cup Final tickets?

I lost details of my account when they changed the user account system a few years ago.  I live south of London and don't get to much games so didn't have any purchasing history showing on my account when I tried to buy a ticket for the rangers home game next Saturday.  The tickets were on general sale at that time, but tickets could still only be purchased if you had a prior buying history.  That is, first time buyers wouldn't be able to buy a ticket.  I would have expected General Sale for Cup Final to have meant the same this time round, no?

Regarding the rangers home game, I contacted the club and they (said they) were able to see evidence of my previous buying history and so I was able to get my ticket.

You would've hoped that was the case for the final too but I have my doubts.  I know they do that for home games v huns & tims, but not for matches against other teams where it is considered less likely to be a problem.  I wonder if they either just plain didn't consider it for the final, or if the pressure/desire to sell out the tickets was the overriding factor.  I mean they didn't even make people have to log in to their accounts before they could access the ticketing site, adding greatly to the queues and waiting times.  They've clearly made a number of errors in the planning for the sales process (some understandable) so nothing would surprise me right now.

24 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

You'd think we've never been in a cup final or played a big euro game before. The club know fine how to sell tickets for these kind of games properly. As you say, it should have gone 200 points, then 100, then general sale. This is how we've sold tickets for games previously. 

On this occasion, they've caved to media / SPFL pressure and just decided to get tickets sold as fast as possible due to the media spotlight on the 50/50 split of tickets.

Totally agree with first paragraph and totally agree with the thoughts of many that a tight timescale should be set in advance to purchase tickets before the qualifying criteria is reduced and so on.

Would have expected that our Chief Executive would have had better organisational skills. 

Like you say we do have experience of playing in big games and it's not rocket science to organise the sale of tickets. 

This drama is simply not good enough and in tune with the current product on the park.

• Upvote 2

Can't help feeling that the club wanted to show the spfl up for not giving a fair and neutral 50/50 split with a very quick sell out but it's backfired. I think they know it's been a fuck up not staggering the sales with points and I also think it's not just a couple of huns that bought tickets for the Celtic end , I think it's a lot. 

Massive hun fest final becomes even bigger hun fest. 

• Haha 1

got this email from the club 

Thank you for getting in touch and apologies for the delay in replying.  Demand for the Final has been unprecedented.  We have now added you to our waiting list for  tickets for the second allocation of tickets for the Viaplay League Cup Final v Rangers. We expect to receive 2500 additional tickets for this game.  This waiting list will be organised by points and those successful will be contacted to make them aware of this.  Unfortunately, we do not currently have a timescale for the additional tickets to be with us but we are putting pressure on the SPFL to have these with us as soon as possible. 

additional? were we not granted 19.5k, this whole allocation thing stinks, they were clearly going to huns they tickets no matter what they claim, we should already have them, and not need to ask for them surely

• Upvote 2
34 minutes ago, keigy1983 said:

got this email from the club 

Thank you for getting in touch and apologies for the delay in replying.  Demand for the Final has been unprecedented.  We have now added you to our waiting list for  tickets for the second allocation of tickets for the Viaplay League Cup Final v Rangers. We expect to receive 2500 additional tickets for this game.  This waiting list will be organised by points and those successful will be contacted to make them aware of this.  Unfortunately, we do not currently have a timescale for the additional tickets to be with us but we are putting pressure on the SPFL to have these with us as soon as possible. 

additional? were we not granted 19.5k, this whole allocation thing stinks, they were clearly going to huns they tickets no matter what they claim, we should already have them, and not need to ask for them surely

This is very fucking dodgy wording. Why are we having to apply pressure 

7 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

Speaking to a hun work colleague today on a course and he sayin a hun bus from Peterheed to the final had 44 tickets from AFC General sale!! Fk nose if anything can be done aboot it! 

Aye, they managed to get 44 tickets then managed to get a bus despite them all being booked up.

Come on min, you're better than this.

Without reading the full thread my instinct on Tuesday was no way we would have sold out in 1 day.Didn’t make any sense.

Why have we put them on General sale on the 1st day of sale?

I can’t make it but if I was going I wouldn’t have been in a great rush to get tickets.
The silence out of Pittodrie seems to confirm lots of Huns have bought tickets in our end.

1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Totally agree with first paragraph and totally agree with the thoughts of many that a tight timescale should be set in advance to purchase tickets before the qualifying criteria is reduced and so on.

Would have expected that our Chief Executive would have had better organisational skills. 

Like you say we do have experience of playing in big games and it's not rocket science to organise the sale of tickets. 

This drama is simply not good enough and in tune with the current product on the park.

Not a single person on this thread, nor on the club's social media posts either, raised concerns about the sales process. There's only heaps of posts and comments saying there's no chance it'll sell out. Everyone was wrong. It turns out there is demand for tickets if you just sell them to people that want to buy them. Maybe if they stopped all that modern faff for home games we would sell out. 🤔

4 hours ago, ullevi said:

There really are some amount of clowns in our support, imagine being an adult and going to the ticket office to abuse someone in the ticket office when the CEO has already said there are more tickets to be issued,

Now folk understand why I hate a large percentage of our fans?

Honestly, complete moon units.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

This is the best sales have ever went.