League Cup

Message added by Bebo,

Hullo Hullo to the good folks from Swallow Swallow.

:hunbash:

You let your club die. :rangers:

:sheepdance:

1 hour ago, DandyWarhol said:

That's exactly the sort of thing that will end up happening. Wouldn't surprise me if most of the cancelled tickets were actually bought by Dons fans.  And all because AFC never implemented a sensible sales process with the requisite checks in the first place. 

Has really made the club look a bit tinpot.  They should've done something like first phase 200pts, second phase 100pts (each allowed 2 tickets per account in both phases), and then a general sale (with proper purchase history requirements).  Would've saved the club a lot of hassle and embarrassment.

"Tinpot" is an absolutely abhorrent word/term

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

The final is just one game, but it takes a few wins to get there.

Stirling Albion (terrible performance), Ross County (decent performance), Hibs (terrible performance). 

Don't get me wrong, beat Rangers and I'll celebrate it to the moon and back. But I don't think the achievement is so big that it would make up for repeatedly performing poorly in the league.

2 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

Trophies are what it's all about, not being 3rd at Christmas. 

But the two are not mutually exclusive.  

Winning the cup should not make Robson bullet proof.

1 hour ago, DandyWarhol said:

That's exactly the sort of thing that will end up happening. Wouldn't surprise me if most of the cancelled tickets were actually bought by Dons fans.  And all because AFC never implemented a sensible sales process with the requisite checks in the first place. 

Has really made the club look a bit tinpot.  They should've done something like first phase 200pts, second phase 100pts (each allowed 2 tickets per account in both phases), and then a general sale (with proper purchase history requirements).  Would've saved the club a lot of hassle and embarrassment.

Over 10,000 out of 17,000 were sold in the first phase at one per account. The same folk and more could have missed out in the first phase alone if it was 2 per account. Then what. 

13 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Lol.

Calm down.

A mistake was made. It’s been rectified.

A “skelp” of our tickets? 
Sounds like a very small amount, which have been taken back.

The only thing I’m annoyed about is giving that very small amount a refund. 
Don’t. 
Let them complain if they dare. 
Bought under false pretences 

We can’t even sell tickets properly what fucking chance do we have.

So I have now had my ticket cancelled as I now live down south and haven’t had enough purchases apparently.   So not only am I gutted I have lost out on the game, I have lost hundreds of pounds on hotel and train fares which are non refundable.  I am fucking fuming and as an Aberdeen fan for over 45 years I get treated like a piece of crap.   Perhaps my money wasn’t good enough for the previous tickets bought, the two granite sets I bought for the century celebrations, the hundreds and hundreds of pounds I have spend on merchandise and memorabilia.   I bought tickets under a legal contract that was honoured by AFC I am not letting my club do this to me, our club has unilaterally changed the rules, and this is in my opinion illegal and will be addressed accordingly.   I’m so bloody annoyed. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

AFC seem to be trying to dig themselves out of a hole and in doing so are just going to piss off even more Dons fans who are getting punished for the clubs mistake.  It's shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted - they set out a flawed sales process lacking some of the usual restrictions, and once that had been set in motion it was already too late.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

So I have now had my ticket cancelled as I now live down south and haven’t had enough purchases apparently.   So not only am I gutted I have lost out on the game, I have lost hundreds of pounds on hotel and train fares which are non refundable.  I am fucking fuming and as an Aberdeen fan for over 45 years I get treated like a piece of crap.   Perhaps my money wasn’t good enough for the previous tickets bought, the two granite sets I bought for the century celebrations, the hundreds and hundreds of pounds I have spend on merchandise and memorabilia.   I bought tickets under a legal contract that was honoured by AFC I am not letting my club do this to me, our club has unilaterally changed the rules, and this is in my opinion illegal and will be addressed accordingly.   I’m so bloody annoyed. 

Just phone them and explain, sure they'll sort it.

If yours has been cancelled then it's human error. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, huncunts said:

I was checking during the day since I was buying for others. 👍

So it was you that was causing the long queues on the site! 😉

Fair enough, but given how seats were made available and that supporters clubs would've been given some already I don't think it would be possible to know for certain how many were sold in that phase.  Would be interesting to know how many fans actually have over 200pts.

10 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

You’ll still get a ticket. 
Your legal stuff is baloney though. The club can cancel whatever they want.

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, REDRODDIE said:

This whole thing is a needless fiasco. The club is a fucking circus.

We’ve sold a skelp of our allocation to Huns. Monumental fuck up of the highest order.

Twitter is a complete fucking cringe fest. We’ve made a complete fool of ourselves and you’ve grown men tweeting the boy Burrows saying well done for being honest. 

Burrows could tweet saying Aberdeen will play in red next season there’d be fans thanking him for being so honest with us.

Complete embarrassment and no excuse for this. This final could be the tipping point for me with Cormack and Cos nonsense. 

edit: Can’t be fucking arsed

13 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Just email the club. You’ll get a ticket no bother. 

8 minutes ago, DandyWarhol said:

So it was you that was causing the long queues on the site! 😉

Fair enough, but given how seats were made available and that supporters clubs would've been given some already I don't think it would be possible to know for certain how many were sold in that phase.  Would be interesting to know how many fans actually have over 200pts.

Only one section, in the East stand, wasn't made available to begin with. It was fake news about them holding sections back. 

If my logic is right, our average attendance has been well over 10,000 for a decade, meaning from that factor alone there would be considerably over 10,000 above 200 points. 

32 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Selling a few tickets to Huns is a mistake but then fucking over Dons fans who have legitimately bought tickets is far far worse.

Sounds like the solution is worse than the original problem.

Edit: hopefully you can get this sensibly sorted out by speaking to the club

2 minutes ago, DandyWarhol said:

AFC seem to be trying to dig themselves out of a hole and in doing so are just going to piss off even more Dons fans who are getting punished for the clubs mistake.  It's shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted - they set out a flawed sales process lacking some of the usual restrictions, and once that had been set in motion it was already too late.

I think they need to be telling us how many a 'small amount' is before we start burning the place down - Even then, some of those tickets, perhaps most of them even, appear to be Dons fans? (No, I don't know either)

What is known, though, is that 1/ There's been no evidence to date that any have ended up with huns, and that 2/ Our initial allocation was never 19500 in the first place, and that number is actually only approximate now

If anything, what we are guilty of is selling too quickly, 4 at a time - This is something that a lot of our fans have complained about NOT doing in the past - So which is it?

It's a 'deliberate' mess in my view, and I'll certainly be keeping an eye on the top tier of South Stand next month for sure

It'll also be interesting to see if any of ours on the segregation boundaries are asked to move seats (Slightly) due to some further made up shit

Perhaps the real reasons for what the fuck has happened will be released post final....

3 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Selling a few tickets to Huns is a mistake but then fucking over Dons fans who have legitimately bought tickets is far far worse.

Thank you. I am between tears of frustration and genuine upset, we genuine fans should not be treated like this.  Just asked the club on e-Mail to go and bloody check the two Granite sets I bought for the centenary walk, surely my name emblazoned in granite is enough proof I’ve supported this club for decades! 

Just now, Chester Don said:

Thank you. I am between tears of frustration and genuine upset, we genuine fans should not be treated like this.  Just asked the club on e-Mail to go and bloody check the two Granite sets I bought for the centenary walk, surely my name emblazoned in granite is enough proof I’ve supported this club for decades! 

It must be really frustrating but as a few folk have said give the club a chance to fix this and surely they’ll see sense and sort you out.

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Helmet said:

They’ve cancelled a season ticket holder order because the club allowed you to order 4 but you didn’t have to assign the tickets to a different ID…just ludicrous that a season ticket holder would give their ticket to a hun.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

I am confident you will get a ticket mate. As others have said, just email the club and explain the position.

A bag of shite, but the club are usually good at accommodating the genuine fans where they can. Try and relax, although I can understand the annoyance and stress.

1 hour ago, REDRODDIE said:

This whole thing is a needless fiasco. The club is a fucking circus.

We’ve sold a skelp of our allocation to Huns. Monumental fuck up of the highest order.

Twitter is a complete fucking cringe fest. We’ve made a complete fool of ourselves and you’ve grown men tweeting the boy Burrows saying well done for being honest. 

Burrows could tweet saying Aberdeen will play in red next season there’d be fans thanking him for being so honest with us.

Complete embarrassment and no excuse for this. This final could be the tipping point for me with Cormack and Cos nonsense. 

1 hour ago, True_Don said:

The error is unfortunate but the club should not have gone to general sale that quick and allowed the fans with points to buy.

That falls on Burrows, he's CEO and should be on the money with the right decisions...what else is he doing??

48 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

27 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

I will email. Tried calling the ticket office but as we know that’s still shut.  Absolute fiasco the whole thing. 

Some fair amount of meltdowns on this thread.

'What else is Burrows doing apart from tickets?' - Probably quite a lot.

'A legal contract, this is illegal, I won't let my club do this to me!' - Yeah sure, call your solicitor.

'Tried calling the ticket office even though I knew it was closed!' - Quite a clever thing to do that wasn't it.

As mentioned above, email the club, explain your situation. You'll get tickets.

Then take a deep breath and calm down.

Fuck the huns.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 6