League Cup

Message added by Bebo,

Hullo Hullo to the good folks from Swallow Swallow.

:hunbash:

You let your club die. :rangers:

:sheepdance:

2 hours ago, milne_afc said:

I see the ticket office manager is accepting responsibility, although somewhat diminished by the claim of paternity leave. Sycophants lining up to taste his ring, but fuck that. It’s a major fuck up. Get off Twitter, fix your mistake and STFU.

Dons have been made to look a real Mickey Mouse club with this whole charade. Maybe a good thing and they can wake up to the reality of what’s required.

Arseholes.

"Phoned up the ticket office today, they sold me a ticket, unreal service from them, yet again."

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, milne_afc said:

I see the ticket office manager is accepting responsibility, although somewhat diminished by the claim of paternity leave. Sycophants lining up to taste his ring, but fuck that. It’s a major fuck up. Get off Twitter, fix your mistake and STFU.

Dons have been made to look a real Mickey Mouse club with this whole charade. Maybe a good thing and they can wake up to the reality of what’s required.

Arseholes.

Aye kind of agree with this 

Owning your mistakes is admirable but this is just such a big fuck up

Having said that, win the cup and nobody remembers it 

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

I recall us apparently having 50/50 at the 2017 Scottish Cup Final but the entire South Stand Upper being Celtic fans. Am I remembering this wrong?

I think that was correct. The South upper being debenture was as usual kept to last and I think we gave the tickets up when they were offered but a lot of them were already taken anyway. If I remember right Celtic were fuming because we would actually have more tickets than them in the original 50/50 split as the hun end has more seats and their end has a lot of debenture seats bought by their fans, and probably none bought by Aberdeen fans in the hun end, but it didn't end up 50/50 in the end. Something like that.

3 hours ago, Howard Marks said:

I recall us apparently having 50/50 at the 2017 Scottish Cup Final but the entire South Stand Upper being Celtic fans. Am I remembering this wrong?

If it was 50/50 that wouldn't happen, though, would it?

There's not another club in Scotland that, 1/ lie down to the SPFL / SFA like we do, and 2/ Have a support that go after our own club like we do

This time, segregation starts behind the goal, we won't have any of the SSU, how does that work, and are you happy with that?

If anyone is content bashing the club like the media / weegia want us too, crack on

We're going after the wrong people, though, imo 

8 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Arseholes.

Is an excellent summary, min! Farce and embarrassing..

23 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

What exactly are "Hampden Debenture" tickets and why do they always end up in the hands of the grousome twosome? 

When Hampden was redeveloped in 1998 they sold 5160 seats under Gold, Silver and Bronze packages where you paid a lump sum.The original 20-year Hampden scheme secured fans and companies the right to buy packages of tickets and different hosoitality levels covering a minimum of eight games, typically the semi-finals and finals of the Scottish and League cups and two internationals. The debenture seats are like an investment and rights they give can be sold on/traded. 

Tickets not taken up by the Debenture owners become available to normal sale. 

Sales blurb at time "The debentures may be the best way to secure tickets for top international and major domestic cup matches, especially for keen Scotland supporters and Celtic and Rangers fans whose teams are most likely to appear at Hampden and have the greatest demand for seats."

A maximum of 960 gold, 1800 silver and 2400 bronze debentures were offered. 

"All debenture holders will have a specific seat but, on club match occasions when the stadium is segregated, bronze holders must declare which team they support when applying for tickets and seating arrangements in the bronze area will reflect segregation requirements. On some occasions, bronze holders may have to be seated in other parts of the stadium."

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, RDS said:

When Hampden was redeveloped in 1998 they sold 5160 seats under Gold, Silver and Bronze packages where you paid a lump sum.The 20-year Hampden scheme secured fans and companies the right to buy packages of tickets and different hosoitality levels covering a minimum of eight games, typically the semi-finals and finals of the Scottish and League cups and two internationals. The debenture seats are like an investment and rights they give can be sold on/traded. 

Tickets not taken up by the Debenture owners become available to normal sale 

Prime for the Parasites then.

On 11/18/2023 at 3:55 PM, muttonhumper said:

Correct. 

They have made an unadulterated raging cunt of this, with their solution being worse than the original problem they incompetently created.

If I had been able to make the final, no doubt any tickets I purchased would have been cancelled as well, given I'd only been to 3 games, euro aways, in last 5 years since I was deported, sorry, left the country.

If that did happen given the heavy cash load ejaculated into the AFC financial fud hole between 2012 & 2019, and an entire life of missing around 3 games at Pittodrie since age 7 prior to that, I'd have been fucking raging.

Having said that, I didn't need a ticket, as I am otherwise engaged.

So just forget everything I just said.

Not everything for all time, just the stuff in this post.

Actually,  you could also forget everything I've said for all time as well.

If you wish.

Probably already have. 

Ha ha brilliant.

On 11/19/2023 at 3:15 PM, milne_afc said:

Arseholes.

I tend to agree with this. The club look amateur because of this shambles. 

'Human error' can happen, but it's not as if we haven't been in big games before, and the fact is that the ticket office really only have one major job to do.....sell tickets for football games, and get it right when doing that. 

Some of the sycophantic shite on social media about 'this is great that the club have been so transparent', and 'thank you Alan for your honesty' is boak inducing. 

Just get things fucking right in the first place, and stop making the club a laughing stock. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Schapenneuker said:

I tend to agree with this. The club look amateur because of this shambles. 

'Human error' can happen, but it's not as if we haven't been in big games before, and the fact is that the ticket office really only have one major job to do.....sell tickets for football games, and get it right when doing that. 

Some of the sycophantic shite on social media about 'this is great that the club have been so transparent', and 'thank you Alan for your honesty' is boak inducing. 

Just get things fucking right in the first place, and stop making the club a laughing stock. 

Is it mainly Facebook your referring to? That group is always full of sycophantic shite merchants, I've called them out a few of times. Ha, now I'm remembering....thanking Cantwin for his service to the club, without any irony, that type of stuff...Jesus.

1 hour ago, brownie said:

Caker of a job Burrows has got. Get yourself on twitter, spout some stuff and folk will think you're the boy.

Other than posting on Twitter what exactly are the guys talents?  I'd be genuinely interested to know because all I knew about him from his time at Motherwell was his reputation for engaging fans on social media.

I really hope there is more to him than that as I imagine he is on a fair wedge and his achievements so far at AFC are:

1. Presiding over cup final ticket fiasco

2. Signing of Papa Habib Gueye

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, DandyWarhol said:

I really hope there is more to him than that as I imagine he is on a fair wedge and his achievements so far at AFC are:

1. Presiding over cup final ticket fiasco

2. Signing of Papa Habib Gueye

3. "Incoming chief executive Alan Burrows will lead the search for Aberdeen's next manager"

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Chester Don said:

To be fair when I called up today they took the time to explain the context of what has happened and why, and the club were stuck between a rock and a hard place with the governing bodies in the SPFL.  They have and are continuing to act fairly and sorting things out, particular rooting out all the dead clubs fans. 

What happened / Why are they 'stuck?'

Be helpful to know given there's been nothing released that I've seen...........and in addition to that:

-  Why is someone in the ticket office taking the hit

- Is the 200 quoted in the press accurate

- How many of those '200' are Dons fans

- Exactly how many tickets have we been given for the final

- Will there be Huns above us in the SS

- How do the protective protocols for this Sunday differ to that of the cup final

Those type of things........👍

The bottom line is that the thousands of fans still wanting tickets should have been filling our, fair, half section of the north stand. Simple as fucking that. The scramble for a few leftovers in the east south upper shouldn't be an issue, merely an afterthought. It's an absolute fucking scandal that that's what we are waiting for here. That area will most likely be full of huns.

2 hours ago, NorfolkDandy said:

Nail on head, Tommy - That's exactly it, for me

And why the club REALLY do need to set the record straight, properly

It is indeed a shambles, but whose shambles is it.......

The glasgow pfl's shambles always. Pandering to the two arseholes and fk the rest of us. 50 - 50 then send back unsold tickets. 

• Upvote 1