League Cup

Message added by Bebo,

Hullo Hullo to the good folks from Swallow Swallow.

:hunbash:

You let your club die. :rangers:

:sheepdance:

12 hours ago, Chester Don said:

Thank you. I am between tears of frustration and genuine upset, we genuine fans should not be treated like this.  Just asked the club on e-Mail to go and bloody check the two Granite sets I bought for the centenary walk, surely my name emblazoned in granite is enough proof I’ve supported this club for decades! 

Not doing yourself any favours with that argument. The 'centenary walk' has been away for years. No idea what happened to all the bricks.

1 hour ago, RAZOR said:

Not doing yourself any favours with that argument. The 'centenary walk' has been away for years. No idea what happened to all the bricks.

Last I saw it was in the concourse of the RDS.

Mind the stuff filling in the names to make them visible constantly came off due to the weather. 

The granite sets are safely stored away for future use, been told that by the club directly. Remember them being quite expensive at the time and assurances that if we ever moved to a new stadium they would be reused there.   Apparently the company that installed them went bust, hence they had to be lifted as couldn’t be kept in an appropriate condition. 

16 hours ago, Chester Don said:

Thank you. I am between tears of frustration and genuine upset, we genuine fans should not be treated like this.  Just asked the club on e-Mail to go and bloody check the two Granite sets I bought for the centenary walk, surely my name emblazoned in granite is enough proof I’ve supported this club for decades! 

Fuck me, Just email them and it'll be sorted

• Haha 2
On 11/16/2023 at 1:25 PM, DandyWarhol said:

You would've hoped that was the case for the final too but I have my doubts.  I know they do that for home games v huns & tims, but not for matches against other teams where it is considered less likely to be a problem.  I wonder if they either just plain didn't consider it for the final, or if the pressure/desire to sell out the tickets was the overriding factor.  I mean they didn't even make people have to log in to their accounts before they could access the ticketing site, adding greatly to the queues and waiting times.  They've clearly made a number of errors in the planning for the sales process (some understandable) so nothing would surprise me right now.

Yes. I get the feeling there was a desire to ensure we sold our allocation reasonably quickly, as a GIRUY to the Scottish League for the share of tickets they put in place.

which, although I understand the motive, was a bit naive. 

I was willing to give the club every benefit of the doubt, but we've handled this poorly. 

Prematurely moving to the general ticket sale placed undue pressure on ticket office staff, and proper checks weren't conducted. With the benefit of hindsight, if we'd staggered the sale a little more, we could have made things much easier for both fans and staff alike.

We know why this happened. We've tried to shift tickets as swiftly as possible to make a point to the SPFL. We need to show more gumption in future. The story has moved on from SPFL bias thanks to how poorly we've handled this.

• Upvote 2

Fans of the tribute act from nowhere near Glasgow, no affiliation to the club but think they have a right to a ticket at a final in a neutral venue.

So desperate that they applied for tickets in the opposition end. Yes, AFC fucked up but these lowlife are the lowest of the low but fail to recognise that.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, redcryptoknight said:

We know why this happened. We've tried to shift tickets as swiftly as possible to make a point to the SPFL. We need to show more gumption in future. The story has moved on from SPFL bias thanks to how poorly we've handled this.

Meanwhile in reality, Burrows explained that they were sold in the exact same method as the 2 semi-finals we've played this year so they thought there wouldn't be such demand, and neither did any of the fans that missed out, or they'd have bought their tickets. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Fans of the tribute act from nowhere near Glasgow, no affiliation to the club but think they have a right to a ticket at a final in a neutral venue.

So desperate that they applied for tickets in the opposition end. Yes, AFC fucked up but these lowlife are the lowest of the low but fail to recognise that.

Shit on your shoe that’s what they are 

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, Helmet said:

Selling a few tickets to Huns is a mistake but then fucking over Dons fans who have legitimately bought tickets is far far worse.

Correct. 

They have made an unadulterated raging cunt of this, with their solution being worse than the original problem they incompetently created.

If I had been able to make the final, no doubt any tickets I purchased would have been cancelled as well, given I'd only been to 3 games, euro aways, in last 5 years since I was deported, sorry, left the country.

If that did happen given the heavy cash load ejaculated into the AFC financial fud hole between 2012 & 2019, and an entire life of missing around 3 games at Pittodrie since age 7 prior to that, I'd have been fucking raging.

Having said that, I didn't need a ticket, as I am otherwise engaged.

So just forget everything I just said.

Not everything for all time, just the stuff in this post.

Actually,  you could also forget everything I've said for all time as well.

If you wish.

Probably already have. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I think we've been bullied.....again

This has been blown up with no evidence - It might also be reasonable to assume there's a miniscule % of apposing fans in the designated areas of the other team at every big match

So, on that basis, do we think for one minute the hun end / debenture seat protocols have been met - If not, why is there no investigation into the selling of those

We were never getting 19500 tickets imo - Huns above us in the SS next month will confirm this

If so, that then presents even more questions of course.....

I see the ticket office manager is accepting responsibility, although somewhat diminished by the claim of paternity leave. Sycophants lining up to taste his ring, but fuck that. It’s a major fuck up. Get off Twitter, fix your mistake and STFU.

Dons have been made to look a real Mickey Mouse club with this whole charade. Maybe a good thing and they can wake up to the reality of what’s required.

Arseholes.

• Upvote 3
5 hours ago, NorfolkDandy said:

I think we've been bullied.....again

This has been blown up with no evidence - It might also be reasonable to assume there's a miniscule % of apposing fans in the designated areas of the other team at every big match

So, on that basis, do we think for one minute the hun end / debenture seat protocols have been met - If not, why is there no investigation into the selling of those

We were never getting 19500 tickets imo - Huns above us in the SS next month will confirm this

If so, that then presents even more questions of course.....

I recall us apparently having 50/50 at the 2017 Scottish Cup Final but the entire South Stand Upper being Celtic fans. Am I remembering this wrong?