Next Manager

10 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Honestly, there’s not a hope in hell they’re stupid enough to appoint Lennon. It’d cost them at least 2000 renewals.

About the only thing Cormack and the board have proven in their time in charge is that when it comes to the footballing side of things, they are incredibly stupid.

Quite depressingly I wouldn't be surprised if Lennon rocks up here. Would be a terrible appointment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think Lennon would probably have done better than Warnock has in the short term (though it would be difficult to have done worse so far).

In the longer term though he is a divisive figure and his managerial tenures always seem to end in fallouts and acrimony eventually.  And that's before you get on to his drinking....

13 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Seriously? That would be 2,000 fickle fans then.

Nah it'd be the final straw for many, me included.

11 minutes ago, minijc said:

That's funny as I believe he was definitely approached.

Secret squirrels in the FMB then 😄

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

The same sort who weren't too keen on Sir Alex being appointed.🤔

Possibly THE most ridiculous post/comparison ever made on here.  Take a bow

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

I struggle to believe the Board would be so stupid and out of touch with the fan base to appoint Lennon.

The guy iis a deeply flawed character. Utterly vile. Threatened his pregnant mistress with violence. A notoriously short fuse. Poor dental hygiene. Referred to Aberdeen fans as 'sheep shaggers' in a live pitch side TV interview.

Rancour and disharmony follow him wherever he pitches up.

If  he is appointed it would be final confirmation that Mr Cormack and Co don't give a flying fig about the fans.

I would like to see Malky McKay appointed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

I actually think Lennon could get a tune out of this team initially but I think it would turn very toxic fairly quickly 

The majority of fans, including myself, would just never take to him and he would always be up against it 

Big No from me, just couldn’t see it working 

That's pretty much how I see it. He's also a big enough "name" in football that he might be able to use his influence/contacts to bring in a few players who wouldn't know who the hell Robinson for example is. We'd be back in Europe at the first time of asking. 

I could live with things turning toxic as with him it's not really the team that suffers, it's more he'll say something out of order to Cormack/the board in general. At least by then, the team would be stabilised and performing as we all hope.

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, thurso said:

Is 3 years not above the average for a manager in a position. If he did come and lasted that long it would mean he’s been relatively successful. 

I did say 3 years at most. My suspicion is he would step out of line with Cormack after maybe 2 years and either walk or get bulleted on those grounds.

If he did the unexpected and won us a trophy, he might also get headhunted by a massive English club....Preston or the likes 😀

Starting to wonder if we're going to see some movement on the new manager. With Robinson being touted, Lennon claiming his interest and a rehashing of the Fotheringham story where he claims wants to challenge the ugly sisters with a top Scottish team. 

2 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

About the only thing Cormack and the board have proven in their time in charge is that when it comes to the footballing side of things, they are incredibly stupid.

Quite depressingly I wouldn't be surprised if Lennon rocks up here. Would be a terrible appointment.

I wouldn't say he would be a terrible appointment, far from it.

It would fall under the categories of divisive, brave, and soulful/significant.

Whilst we have talented players within our ranks, they badly need to managed and coached properly, not continually mismanaged, under-coached, and castigated.

Lennon is a born winner with a steely, irrevocable will-to-win mentality who won't meekly settle for second best or any form of weakness within the psyches and physicalities of our players.

He wouldn't be top of my list of potential managerial appointments but we could do far, far worse. 

2 hours ago, DandyWarhol said:

I think Lennon would probably have done better than Warnock has in the short term (though it would be difficult to have done worse so far).

In the longer term though he is a divisive figure and his managerial tenures always seem to end in fallouts and acrimony eventually.  And that's before you get on to his drinking....

Some of the 11 on the pitch past and present this season need to take a long look in the mirror and ask themselves the question , have I given 100 percent to AFC this season , and am I going to improve the shit performances that I have given, and am I talented enough to play for the great club AFC used to be.   If the answere comes back from the magic mirror , NO then QUIT, and take some of the management with you.

2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

He wouldn't be top of my list of potential managerial appointments but we could do far, far worse. 

Agree with this. He did play at a high level and is fairly well respected in the game generally, has a lot of knowledge and experience of Scottish football and has a pretty decent track record up here.

Offsetting that is how divisive he would be. I can't really see him working out for us as he seems very different in character and personality to Cormack. Stephen Robinson would be more aligned to Cormack's "type". His name has a similar feel to Goodwin though. Alex Neil probably a better option than both of them. They seem to be the three most commonly mentioned names at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I wouldn't say he would be a terrible appointment, far from it.

It would fall under the categories of divisive, brave, and soulful/significant.

Whilst we have talented players within our ranks, they badly need to managed and coached properly, not continually mismanaged, under-coached, and castigated.

Lennon is a born winner with a steely, irrevocable will-to-win mentality who won't meekly settle for second best or any form of weakness within the psyches and physicalities of our players.

Him winning the Cypriot cup with Omonia was a plus.  If he came here it wouldn’t be to long before the O-Moaners here would be after his Ginger head, he didn’t last long in Cyprus due to results after the cup win. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Don_Corleone said:

Agree with this. He did play at a high level and is fairly well respected in the game generally, has a lot of knowledge and experience of Scottish football and has a pretty decent track record up here.

Offsetting that is how divisive he would be. I can't really see him working out for us as he seems very different in character and personality to Cormack. Stephen Robinson would be more aligned to Cormack's "type". His name has a similar feel to Goodwin though. Alex Neil probably a better option than both of them. They seem to be the three most commonly mentioned names at the moment.

A fair summary min.

Cormack needs stood up to though as his vanity, ego, and wealth is badly interfering with signings, as well as team management and stability of our club, hence, the end product we've endured as supporters in terms of inconsistent performances and results, and the dire position we now find ourselves in.

5 managers in just 3 years is testament to that fact. You can't get stability and consistency by perennially hiring and firing managers like he has. He has to admit that he has got it wrong on 4 occasions now in terms of f/t managerial appointments or we will never turn this situation we find ourselves around. 

It's all well and good having wealth but it is not as though he is donating money to AFC as he'll be getting a sizeable return on his investments. 

It doesn't mean he has the right to interfere with team management and influence the manager's decision-making. That's a manager's role, not one of a chairman.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

Just an article to wind up the majority of the support by the weegie media 

best to ignore it 

3 hours ago, NEM said:

Not been contacted and won't be contacted.  The word circus was used

3 hours ago, minijc said:

That's funny as I believe he was definitely approached.

Lennon admitted himself he was approached by the club about being interim but turned it down because he was still being considered for the Ireland job.

The club's board will absolutely be gauging the reaction from fans today. Hopefully they see enough negative ones to realise they should stay well clear of Lennon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Lennon admitted himself he was approached by the club about being interim but turned it down because he was still being considered for the Ireland job.

The club's board will absolutely be gauging the reaction from fans today. Hopefully they see enough negative ones to realise they should stay well clear of Lennon.

Neil Lennon as interim manager would of been ok he would of got a better tune out of this team so far than Warnock would of I think which is what we need at the moment but full time I hope not. 

Although the board shouldn’t be putting feelers out to see fans reactions they should grow a set of balls pick a guy and go for him regardless.
If they read on here the reaction to any name that has been mentioned we would never get a manager. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
3 hours ago, Torry Tosser said:

Just because he stated that he's interested,the bookies make him odds on.

There is no way I believe that the club would be the slightest bit interested in him.

Even Cormack.

Don’t be surprised , Cormack has a liking for Ginger Nuts. Not biscuits. 

• Dildo 2