Next Manager

3 hours ago, minijc said:

Now why would I name the players?  I could say some other things though, like a few of the players playing are dealing with injuries, injuries that would have them out but due to the lack of options in our amazing squad they are having to play.

Very funny post, pal.

You lose credibility with the 'EPL fanboy' pish, hardly watch the league, I know he's managed there years ago but that isn't my reasoning for being happy with us taking him in.

I think you should also look at our record against the lesser sides this season, it's been awful even when Robson was manager, at least now the club know which players are worth keeping or which ones need binning.

I really don't because that's predominantly the people who thought he'd be good. The kinda blokes who listen to talksport and watch sky sports news. 

Not everyone who thought he'd be good is like that obviously but most are. 

1 minute ago, shooftahmooftah said:

I’m getting concerned about your health.  And right now you need all the vertical friends you can get.  It’s only a game of football. 

It’s your own health you should be concerned about.

Go play with the traffic.

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I really don't because that's predominantly the people who thought he'd be good. The kinda blokes who listen to talksport and watch sky sports news. 

No it isn't, half the folk on here who thought it would be good have little to no interest in English football. 

I've never actually sat down and watched skysports news, last listened to talksport several years ago and I rarely watch EPL games, I just felt he was the best candidate for the job based on the experience he has at a higher level than this league.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, minijc said:

No it isn't, half the folk on here who thought it would be good have little to no interest in English football. 

I've never actually sat down and watched skysports news, last listened to talksport several years ago and I rarely watch EPL games, I just felt he was the best candidate for the job based on the experience he has at a higher level than this league.

In this league that he knows nothing about. 

People also seemed to forget that he's a total wanker. 

• Dildo 1
11 minutes ago, minijc said:

So you must know this league to manage a club in it?

Nah, not at all, but in an emergency situation, like the one he was brought in to, I'd say it's required. 

Knowing absolutely fuck all about us, our players and our opponents isn't ideal for a short-term stop-gap appointment who doesn't have time to learn about them. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Nah, not at all, but in an emergency situation, like the one he was brought in to, I'd say it's required. 

Knowing absolutely fuck all about us, our players and our opponents isn't ideal for a short-term stop-gap appointment who doesn't have time to learn about them. 

You have zero evidence that that was the case, just guess to suit your argument against him.

48 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I agree

Different personality I admit but I do think he'd prove to be essentially a mk2 version of Goodwin.

Robinson has achieved much more than Goodwin had when we appointed him. Goodwin ok at alloa and kept St mirren up but nothing special. Robinson 3rd with well and 2 cup finals in a season. Followed by back to back top 6 finishes for St mirren now. 

If we are going to appoint someone with spl experience like a lennon or Jack I'd rather we just paid for Robinson. 

If we go foreign what are the chances we are here next year saying we should have gone safer with Robinson. Equally if Robinson were appointed and fails the "I told you so, lazy recruitment force etc ", will be out in numbers. 

We are a mess. Who knows what kind of manager we need to succeed, but right now I'm leaning towards a safer spl Robinson/mcinnes type than a gamble on a foreigner. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I actually really like Stephen Robinson. But just cause he’s at another SPFL team it just feels like it would be another crap appointment like the many others. Too burnt by these

As I've said above.  "Too Burnt by these" but we could end up with a total car crash foreign manager like Alessio was at Killie. Can we afford to get it wrong again?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, minijc said:

You have zero evidence that that was the case, just guess to suit your argument against him.

My "argument against him" is the shambolic performances and results under him.

That it was pretty predictable that he was completely unsuited to the role in the first case is more an argument against Cormack/Burrows/Gunn tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

That it was pretty predictable that he was completely unsuited to the role in the first case is more an argument against Cormack/Burrows/Gunn tbh. 

which was happening before he came in

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah one of the most experienced managers in British football was unsuited to the job of Aberdeen manager, magical.

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Incredibly we're actually significantly worse under him than Robson, which is an incredible achievement by Warnock tbf. 

He still has our previous 'management teams'  coaching staff 'helping' him

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Incredibly we're actually significantly worse under him than Robson, which is an incredible achievement by Warnock tbf. 

Are we though?

We were worse down at St Mirren earlier in the season and somehow scarped a point, embarrassing performances away to Killie and Hibs this season when Warnock wasn't the manager, if anything it shows how shite some of the squad really is.

3 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

There’s no such thing as British football 

Last I checked there was, Aberdeen are a British club, Neil Warnock is a British citizen, he has managed in England which is part of Great Britain.

• Haha 1

Checking out Robinson's experience... 

Sacked after 6 months as Oldham manager with them sitting bottom of League 1. 

Quit Motherwell with them sitting 10th, following a 9 game winless streak. 

Quit Morcambe after 33 games to join St Mirren with the English side sitting in a relegation spot in league 1. 

Currently has St Mirren 4th, a point ahead of 5th spot McInnes' Killie. 

He's had a few good cup runs, and made Europe with Motherwell... but I'm not wildly impressed by the guy's CV, and he'd be way, way down any list of candidates I was drawing up.

• Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, Parklife said:

That’s not really true is it? Even if it was, how would you know? 

Also, who gives a fuck anyway if someone listened to Talksport? You can have an interest in other leagues outside of Scotland and still be pretty knowledgeable about football. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Robinson has achieved much more than Goodwin had when we appointed him. Goodwin ok at alloa and kept St mirren up but nothing special. Robinson 3rd with well and 2 cup finals in a season. Followed by back to back top 6 finishes for St mirren now. 

If we are going to appoint someone with spl experience like a lennon or Jack I'd rather we just paid for Robinson. 

If we go foreign what are the chances we are here next year saying we should have gone safer with Robinson. Equally if Robinson were appointed and fails the "I told you so, lazy recruitment force etc ", will be out in numbers. 

We are a mess. Who knows what kind of manager we need to succeed, but right now I'm leaning towards a safer spl Robinson/mcinnes type than a gamble on a foreigner. 

This, with fucking bells on

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

Are we though?

Yes. 

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Last I checked there was, Aberdeen are a British club, Neil Warnock is a British citizen, he has managed in England which is part of Great Britain.

Jeezy peeps. You're going to bizarre lengths in this defence of Warnock. 

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

That’s not really true is it? Even if it was, how would you know? 

It is true, yeah. 

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

Also, who gives a fuck anyway if someone listened to Talksport? You can have an interest in other leagues outside of Scotland and still be pretty knowledgeable about football. 

Yeah but anyone who's not a total idiot wouldn't listen to Talksport. 

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Pointing out that he is one of the most experienced managers in British football is hardly going to bizarre lengths to defend him ffs.

Some fucking arrogance on show from you today Parky, great stuff.

"British football" isn't a thing. You're attempting to imply he knows about our game by saying "British football" 😂

He knows English football, no arguing about that. He knew close to fuck all about Scottish football though, that's for damn sure. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1