Next Manager

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Doesn’t sound like that from the quotes from Elfsborg.

Agreed it doesn’t, but I find this a bit vague…..

Andreasson said: “There is interest and options for him, but we have concluded in our dialogues that he should continue with Elfsborg.

“Then we will see what the future holds, we are proud that he is a sought-after name.

10 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Just wondering do you want hopefully the correct appointment or a quick one to appease us fans. Surely the right manager would want us to be a spl club with spl budget. Staring relegation in the face has obviously caused us delays. The biggest mistake imo the board should answer is why keep Barry for so long! December was the correct time (unless you count not giving him the job in the first place).

Clearly want the correct appointment as we can't afford to make a mistake with it again. I don't disagree that Robson should have gone much earlier (or preferably not been given the job at all). But as it stands its been over 2 months since he was sacked, it shouldn't take over 2 months to get a permanent replacement in. I appreciate they probably thought they were buying themselves time with the Warnock appointment but it should still have been all go in the background looking for the permanent boss. 

I genuinely don't think we're any further forward with the appointment, i don't believe the Thelin rumours one bit.. another leak from the club to try to take some hear off themselves.

O'Neill was clearly the man they wanted and when he said no we were right back to square one. The undestirability of the club at the moment is Cormacks biggest failing.

4 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Clearly want the correct appointment as we can't afford to make a mistake with it again. I don't disagree that Robson should have gone much earlier (or preferably not been given the job at all). But as it stands its been over 2 months since he was sacked, it shouldn't take over 2 months to get a permanent replacement in. I appreciate they probably thought they were buying themselves time with the Warnock appointment but it should still have been all go in the background looking for the permanent boss. 

I genuinely don't think we're any further forward with the appointment, i don't believe the Thelin rumours one bit.. another leak from the club to try to take some hear off themselves.

O'Neill was clearly the man they wanted and when he said no we were right back to square one. The undestirability of the club at the moment is Cormacks biggest failing.

I agree I don’t feel we have a Number 1 candidate who would say yes. We are correctly I feel letting Leven get us the points to guarantee staying up, then we will make a move 

1 hour ago, Willo flood said:

Don’t think it was ever going to be but Rosler has just signed a new deal at whatever club he’s at so it definitely won’t be him now.

Ah well. Our alleged interest maybe got him a pay rise and longer deal

1 hour ago, Willo flood said:

Don’t think it was ever going to be but Rosler has just signed a new deal at whatever club he’s at so it definitely won’t be him now.

Good - he's fucking shite

35 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Remember when we were told that we hoped to appoint a permanent manager during the international break... then the international break came and went and we were no further forward?

Then remember when Burrows said a week ago that we were in the final stages but it was probably unlikely we'd appoint someone by the weekend and now a week later and we're no further forward.

The stories coming out now about being prepared to wait until the Summer for the right man have clearly been leaked by the club to cover their incompetence because the reality is we're not even remotely close to appointing anyone.

this time next week this topic will be hitting 500 pages and we still won't be any closer to appointing a new manager.

It looks like nobody wants to become manager of AFC.   Given Glass, Robson, and Warnock, debacles and listening to Cormack, and burrows coming out with statements about very very very close , it makes AFC  the laughing stock of Scottish Football.  

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
6 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

I agree I don’t feel we have a Number 1 candidate who would say yes. We are correctly I feel letting Leven get us the points to guarantee staying up, then we will make a move 

The problem with that is what if we don't confirm staying up until the last couple of games of the season? Whoever the next permanent manager is needs time to analyse the squad we have and decide who he wants to keep and who he wants to get rid of... if we don't appoint them until the season ends then we're going to be on the back foot again. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

The problem with that is what if we don't confirm staying up until the last couple of games of the season? Whoever the next permanent manager is needs time to analyse the squad we have and decide who he wants to keep and who he wants to get rid of... if we don't appoint them until the season ends then we're going to be on the back foot again. 

If it’s within the last few games! It won’t take much analysis of who’s going! 

1 hour ago, RabidGiraffe said:

It's reminiscent of when the green filth spent ages showing their knickers to Howe only for him to say no and they ended up with Ange.

Like you say, give him a deadline then move on to the next target.

Who's the Aussie?

Hopefully not the baldy cunt that played for deadco about 20 years back.

True to form, seems like we’re continuing to dither. Would’ve thought Thelin would’ve given us a definitive answer by now (if he didn’t before). If he’s interested, surely we work out a compensation package. If not, move on to whoever is that far down our list. Is he worth this much fucking about over? Unless of course it was another leak to try & placate fans - “look, we really are trying to get him!”

5 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

True to form, seems like we’re continuing to dither. Would’ve thought Thelin would’ve given us a definitive answer by now (if he didn’t before). If he’s interested, surely we work out a compensation package. If not, move on to whoever is that far down our list. Is he worth this much fucking about over? Unless of course it was another leak to try & placate fans - “look, we really are trying to get him!”

Thats exactly what it is... they thing we're mugs.

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Obviously it’s the club that are being difficult to deal with 

While it’s admirable he doesn’t want to leave them in the lurch, we can’t wait forever 

Nip the fuck on and resign, Jimmy 

If, and only if, Thelin is the favoured candidate, inferred by Burrows last week, and he's keen to come then surely our FMB dudes cannot muck this potential opportunity up?

As the Black Eyed Peas would say "I've got a Thelin" 🤞.

9 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Thats exactly what it is... they thing we're mugs.

There are quotes from a director of the Swedish club admitting there is interest from abroad in Thelin and that they have had talks with him directly relating to that interest.

I think it's safe to say that our interest is real and not just a planted story unless you're suggesting that Elfsborg are also part of the conspiracy to placate Aberdeen fans too?

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Are we just going to ignore the quote from his chairman saying that he has opportunities but they have discussed them and he's staying there? 

May well be bullshitting but he's certainly not coming in the very short term based on that interview

4 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

There are quotes from a director of the Swedish club admitting there is interest from abroad in Thelin and that they have had talks with him directly relating to that interest.

I think it's safe to say that our interest is real and not just a planted story unless you're suggesting that Elfsborg are also part of the conspiracy to placate Aberdeen fans too?

Interest from abroad, doesn't specifically mention Aberdeen though does he? He's clearly a manager attracting interest from abroad as Sunderland were also linked with him last year.