Next Manager

13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Don’t bother. 

If there's a new manager he'll get his own thread. 

And it will be full of ‘ he’s shite’. ‘ fucks Cormack thinking about’ ‘ gone by Xmas’  ‘ nae happy’   ‘ records atrocious’  etc, etc. And that’s before he lands at Dyce Airport 

1 hour ago, Baaaaa heid said:

If you go on there site , Frankfurt, Bayern Munich,Wolfsburg, vitesse (Dutch), Leverkusen, some other German teams , St Louis city (mls) , Aalborg (dainish) has all used them , whether that is finding a manager or just helping set up a system of a style of play they want to adopt throughout there youth to first teams you’d have to dig more to find that out 

One of the guys who deals with a lot of the footballing operations setup outwith Bernhard Peters (according to their site) is Assistant coach of a Mainz under 16's team - hardly a ringing endorsement.

Think these guys will be good from the standpoint of business and how to putting in a framework but then you still need the people employed at the club to make it happen!

Interesting that the 2 teams outwith Germany in Europe they advertise (Aalborg and Vitesse) were relegated or in relegation!

I can't understand why folk think Jimmy Thelin would be any good. He will not understand Scottish football, the gold fish bowl that comes with the job, or the tactics that hammer thrower clubs use. His tactics are consider direct for Swedish football but this does not mean he can replicate it in Scotland.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, super_al said:

I can't understand why folk think Jimmy Thelin would be any good. He will not understand Scottish football, the gold fish bowl that comes with the job, or the tactics that hammer thrower clubs use. His tactics are consider direct for Swedish football but this does not mean he can replicate it in Scotland.

He’ll be ok for the 6 months he’s here 

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, super_al said:

Agreed 

Be as well appointing John Hughes.

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Watch we'll keep Leven in the seat till the end of the season and still miss out on Thelin. Who I don't think is the messiah & dave is loving the suspense among the fans.

The only way I'd be happy keeping Leven until the summer is if Thelin actually signs a contract committing to joining us in the summer. If he just gives us "his word" then he should be told to fuck off. 

At least if he's signed a contract committing to joining us then it's easier for us to attract players in the summer when they know who the manager will be. 

Obviously he should be here now in order to evaluate what he needs but if he stays there while they find a replacement then there's not an awful lot we can do about it. 

• Upvote 2
40 minutes ago, super_al said:

No one knows, most are just looking for someone a little different, who's managed to succeed in his current post.

Just now, AyrshireSheep said:

The only way I'd be happy keeping Leven until the summer is if Thelin actually signs a contract committing to joining us in the summer. If he just gives us "his word" then he should be told to fuck off. 

At least if he's signed a contract committing to joining us then it's easier for us to attract players in the summer when they know who the manager will be. 

Obviously he should be here now in order to evaluate what he needs but if he stays there while they find a replacement then there's not an awful lot we can do about it. 

This feels quite a big jump from Thelin being mentioned as not being completely out of the equation in a daily record article. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

This feels quite a big jump from Thelin being mentioned as not being completely out of the equation in a daily record article. 

Maybe it is but let's be fair he's the only one being mentioned in both Scotland and Sweden so he's the only one to talk about. 

1 hour ago, super_al said:

Ok Micheal Stewart, who do you want then?

1 hour ago, Torry Tosser said:

Smokescreen again from the club?

Dont think theyv'e any interest in Jimmy Thelin.🤔

They have interest but would need him to change his mind. Think in some respects it could be a smokescreen as he prob won’t change his mind unless taking in summer changes things:  

4 hours ago, C'monEweReds said:

Wouldn't call it a success, but we did put in some good performances along the way. I didn't say we were great in Europe as a whole, but a few particular games we played very well and we got some good points in that group. 

Definitely put in some alright performances against PAOK and Frankfurt but Helsinki and Swedish cunts was disappointments 

12 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Definitely put in some alright performances against PAOK and Frankfurt but Helsinki and Swedish cunts was disappointments 

King Thelin will sort out those Scandi deficiencies for us.

4 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

McGhee gets (correctly) crucified by the Dandies and yet, he tried to get the lads in on a Sunday for recovery sessions, stopped the day off on a Wednesday, banned alcohol, amongst other things.

The players clearly thought “fuck that.”

McGhee let himself down by being a shit manager but he did try (and failed) to introduce some additional sessions 

The OAF had the club as a holiday  camp McGhee tried to change that