Next Manager

1 minute ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Seems like they're haggling over compo with Elfsborg. And the longer they fuck about, they increase the chances of something changing and fucking everything up, such as the likes of Sunderland deciding they want Thelin. 

I'm not sure how you can arrive at that conclusion?  Thelin turned us away a couple of weeks ago, as I said he'd have to change his mind but why would he for us? 

His current side are in a much better position and with English teams interested him there's no need to come here to use us for a stepping stone.

It's went on so long now that anyone appointed before the end of season is a bonus for me,  Roll on the summer with this thread going and the summer transfer window one, and by the end of August we will have a manager no one has heard of and a load of eastern Europe players. Can't wait 🤣

9 minutes ago, minijc said:

I'm not sure how you can arrive at that conclusion?  Thelin turned us away a couple of weeks ago, as I said he'd have to change his mind but why would he for us? 

His current side are in a much better position and with English teams interested him there's no need to come here to use us for a stepping stone.

Surely if he'd turned us down and hadn't changed his mind, we wouldn't still be in for him.

And if we weren't haggling over compo he'd already be here.

2 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

It's went on so long now that anyone appointed before the end of season is a bonus for me,  Roll on the summer with this thread going and the summer transfer window one, and by the end of August we will have a manager no one has heard of and a load of eastern Europe players. Can't wait 🤣

I admire your optimism.

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

I already have a certain Agent Alba on the case. Told me Garner seems to have a strong dislike for the ‘forgein muck’ being interviewed and his number one candidate is Malky McKay with Joey Barton lined up as his assistant.

Will let you know as soon as any developments occur, but thats the state of play so far.

So your stating, Warnock left Knutty Ash and his tickling stick in pittodrie when he quit. 

1 minute ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Surely if he'd turned us down and hadn't changed his mind, we wouldn't still be in for him.

And if we weren't haggling over compo he'd already be here.

How would he already be here?  There's fuck all to suggest we are haggling compo, fuck me, if we were willing to chase Michael O'Neill given the compo Northern Ireland would have been due, paying off the Swedes would be a piece of piss.

For Thelin to come here, he needs to change his mind, we then have to sort out the stuff with his club, I don't think he has changed his mind, the club talking to other folk this week would suggest that too despite what the press is saying.

28 minutes ago, aberdeenfc1983 said:

so we’ve offered 

Sopic, o’Neill and thelin and none of them want it why don’t we try Robbie Keane?

Hes got a 74% win rate in Israel and plays a good style of football 

Interesting shout. Didn’t even realise he was managing. Certainly doing well. 

7 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

If Thelin has turned down our invitation to the prom then whose panties are we sniffing now?

We’ve spoke to someone who’s currently an assistant at a club. But his credentials aren’t great in my opinion. 

• Like 1

The closer we get to confirmation of premiership status next season will possibly allow us to aim a bit higher with the manager hunt, only desperate or out of work managers would jump ship to us with the threat of relegation still hanging around, kinda like leaving a Cala site and moving onto a Stewart Milne 1

• Upvote 1

The most worrying aspect of the managerial delay is that there will be very little time for them to separate the wheat from the chaff at the club and we all know there's a helluva lot of chaff. Then there is the delay in them working now to identify new players that fit "their" model.

• Upvote 1

Well my ex work mate who is a.big Sunderland supporter don't want Theiln he's believes they have eyes on bigger fish, but shares the same opinion as me Theilns style of play requires a certain type of player so requires a lot of changes and then when he leaves you require another overhaul of the squad. 

Heard the assistant rumours earlier, could be another that would last to Jan and basically end Cormack's time aswell, I'd rather have Leven truth be told.

5 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

I said yday he's no Messiah. Honestly cormack & this board would fuck up any club because thier all fucking utter morons.

I think if or DOF was replaced with someome who wasn't a yes man then I think we would actually be onto something with the right manager appointment. 

Finger's crossed the rumours of Gunn moving sideways and doing more an admin role with Tech Director basically running the football side are true, I don't hold out much hope but fingers crossed.

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Well my ex work mate who is a.big Sunderland supporter don't want Theiln he's believes they have eyes on bigger fish, but shares the same opinion as me Theilns style of play requires a certain type of player so requires a lot of changes and then when he leaves you require another overhaul of the squad. 

Heard the assistant rumours earlier, could be another that would last to Jan and basically end Cormack's time aswell, I'd rather have Leven truth be told.

Who's the assistant thats rumoured?

2 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Czesc.

1 hour ago, Russell said:

Fabregas?

Good shout.

36 minutes ago, slippers said:

We’ve spoke to someone who’s currently an assistant at a club. But his credentials aren’t great in my opinion. 

¿Cómo estás?

31 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

The most worrying aspect of the managerial delay is that there will be very little time for them to separate the wheat from the chaff at the club and we all know there's a helluva lot of chaff. Then there is the delay in them working now to identify new players that fit "their" model.

Won’t take that long to realise they are mostly all shite with exceptions of Duk ( leaving) Miovski ( leaving) Barron ( leaving) etc, etc. Very few players in our squad that we can honestly say are irreplaceable. Might work in a new managers favour. Blank canvas with his own type of player.