Next Manager

1 hour ago, Torry Tosser said:

Some on here seem to think this Thelin bloke is the Messiah..

Never heard of him till his name propped up on here.🤔

He’s by far the best candidate I know of we have spoke to. Maybe their is other that are better but no idea their names. 

7 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

At least Stephen Glass wasn't feart of going toe-to-toe with RIFC and Celtic. 

Ok, he never won any of the 6 games against those reptilian cunts (2 draws and 4 single goal defeats IIRC) but each game against any of them  he set his teams out to win and to show them no respect whatsoever.

Many points gained for a single goal defeat these days?

Unless we are on the very bare bones of candidates who have actually been a manger before, and i’m talking Neil Lennon bare bones, then there’s no chance we are going after an assistant manager. 

We are not going to go down the vastly inexperienced route again surely 

I know it's a big risk for us but there will be talent in the backroom teams of the top English clubs. 

Look at that boy Kieran McKenna. His record is absolutely unbelievable for a first managerial gig. 

Played 125, won 75, only lost 19. Previous jobs were on the coaching staff at Spurs and Manchester United.  If he gets Ipswich up again then he's going to have the pick of the jobs in England for his next gig. 

Would be a brave move at this time though to go for another rookie. 

1 hour ago, Dandys1983 said:

Well my ex work mate who is a.big Sunderland supporter don't want Theiln he's believes they have eyes on bigger fish, but shares the same opinion as me Theilns style of play requires a certain type of player so requires a lot of changes and then when he leaves you require another overhaul of the squad. 

Heard the assistant rumours earlier, could be another that would last to Jan and basically end Cormack's time aswell, I'd rather have Leven truth be told.

Thats the thing though, if there was a proper structure in place throughout the football operation and there was a competent Director Of Football in place all teams from youth to first team would play the same way and the identification of a new manager who plays the same style of football would start the day Thelin was introduced, succession planning that happens at all successful clubs and should be what we are aiming for, not the shambles we are just now, we are absolutely clueless.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Thats the thing though, if there was a proper structure in place throughout the football operation and there was a competent Director Of Football in place all teams from youth to first team would play the same way and the identification of a new manager who plays the same style of football would start the day Thelin was introduced, succession planning that happens at all successful clubs and should be what we are aiming for, not the shambles we are just now, we are absolutely clueless.

That’s what we were promised…. Then goodwin and robson happened. 

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

...As Millertime smarmily brays, 

Like a feral donkey who has lost its preys,

To make a feeble attempt at one-upmanship,

While he waits patiently for his club to be slain.

That's not very good

Admit it, in hindsight, its not great,  is it?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Won’t take that long to realise they are mostly all shite with exceptions of Duk ( leaving) Miovski ( leaving) Barron ( leaving) etc, etc. Very few players in our squad that we can honestly say are irreplaceable. Might work in a new managers favour. Blank canvas with his own type of player.

Had me until Barron another one ‘full of promise’ with not much delivery…..

• Thanks 1
  • Dildo 1
35 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

The thing is, imo, if our squad was half decent then the players would be able to adapt to any managers ‘style of play’.

But they’re, not. We brought in some utter dross last summer with a mindset of ‘if they’re costing transfer fees, they must be good’.

We sure spunked a lot of cash stupidly.

• Upvote 3
10 minutes ago, Gbe67 said:

10 minutes ago, Gbe67 said:

Brain fart from myself. He’ll be fine somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Redmist1903 said:

I agree with everything you said, but he has his own style and his current side play what I'd class as different to anything in the UK at the moment. But I know what your getting at and agree if the structure is correct then you have half a chance of success 

23 minutes ago, Weir on the wing said:

The thing is, imo, if our squad was half decent then the players would be able to adapt to any managers ‘style of play’.

Not entirely correct that, you can't make a non ball playing centre into a ball playing Centre half as an example,  also alot of the midfield roles nowadays managers buy players to fit the role, not make the player fit the role they want them to play, good example of that is Endo at Liverpool. 

Robson tried to use Shinnie in the Ramadani role at start of season but he wasn't as disciplined as Ramadani thus couldn't play it, that's been out problem of late square pegs in round holes.

There is also an argument that Aberdeen FC  are trying to make football  as a whole too complex and to a certain extent I agree.

21 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

I agree with everything you said, but he has his own style and his current side play what I'd class as different to anything in the UK at the moment. But I know what your getting at and agree if the structure is correct then you have half a chance of success 

Not entirely correct that, you can't make a non ball playing centre into a ball playing Centre half as an example,  also alot of the midfield roles nowadays managers buy players to fit the role, not make the player fit the role they want them to play, good example of that is Endo at Liverpool. 

Robson tried to use Shinnie in the Ramadani role at start of season but he wasn't as disciplined as Ramadani thus couldn't play it, that's been out problem of late square pegs in round holes.

There is also an argument that Aberdeen FC  are trying to make football  as a whole too complex and to a certain extent I agree.

I agree that football is not complicated.

A decent manager will get the best tune out of a squad either by the players adapting to his style or by him being more flexible or, more likely, both. Whatever it takes…

Regardless, we spent dreadfully last summer and no system will work without us removing the rot.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Willo flood said:

I already have a certain Agent Alba on the case. Told me Garner seems to have a strong dislike for the ‘forgein muck’ being interviewed and his number one candidate is Malky McKay with Joey Barton lined up as his assistant.

Will let you know as soon as any developments occur, but thats the state of play so far.

Turned us down apparently…