Next Manager

1 hour ago, Weir on the wing said:

I agree that football is not complicated.

A decent manager will get the best tune out of a squad either by the players adapting to his style or by him being more flexible or, more likely, both. Whatever it takes…

Regardless, we spent dreadfully last summer and no system will work without us removing the rot.

Exactly. As Leven is proving. He’s not someone that can even be classed as a good manager but he’s managing to get better from the current squad than either of Robson/Warnock could.

Not saying much I know but certainly proves how ‘uncomplicated’ it is

3 hours ago, slippers said:

That’s what we were promised…. Then goodwin and robson happened. 

Ironically, that’s the model our previous European manager Oor Ebbe was trying to implement before he got the dunt. He brought the Brondby 433 system to all club teams with that plan in mind. 

alas, the rest as they say, was an unmitigated clown show. 

Even if we manage to get someone signed up to take the job between now and the semi final, surely Leven would be better running the show for the Celtic game, players have had enough unrest this season without another change of ideas, formations etc, new manager comes in and gets scudded in the semi wouldn’t be the best way to start, even if it is expected.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Dons were founded on 14th April, 1903.

Amazing symmetry if new manager announced at 19:03 on 14th April this year?

Post split announcement too.

Cormack would love that stat! His ego would have him recreating the Dons 

23 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

I think that's unfair. There were many games where you could see what Robson was trying to do and it looked good. Away in Europe in particular we looked like a 'proper team' as Robson would say. Where Robson got caught out was his squad was unfinished - He was relying on the fully backs providing the width and on Morris and maybe Hayes being some sort of further forward alternative. McGarry got injured. Morris got injured. Duk was short of his pre season finish and it meant when we had to be on the front foot we weren't as effective. Maybe if had kept Watkins and Matty Kennedy he would have had enough cover. There were times (Motherwell away) (even Hibs away where we unbelievably lost and could have scored 8  )  when we looked really top notch. The other glaring weakness is the defence was selected with Europe in mind and fell short of dealing with the Scottish Square Go after every high ball is lofted towards the box. 

They say it is a matter of fine margins. If we had won the cup and if we had beaten Paok at home - both of which we should have done, we would have been looking at a completely different picture. 

Look at the league - Dundee in 6th have won just two more games than us. When you think of some of the disasters that turned a game against us we have also been really unlucky. I don't mind fans being frustrated and wanting more but given Barry put his heart and soul into it and gave us third place last year out of nothing - I'd like to think we could give him some credit and a bit of respect.

Eh? How should we have won the cup when we never had a shot on target in the 90 mins? As much as i hate that hun bastards, We should not have beat them with that faggot of a manager seeing his arse and shitting the bed. Played a proper Rangers team..... With that statement alone he can get fucked. 

• Upvote 1

I actually think part of the issue is that Dave Cormack genuinely is one of us. There’s heaps of simpletons on this forum with their heart in the right place and he is one of them. 

he comes on here and reads it and wants to get it right. He wants to make sure he makes the right appointment. But is finding it hard to please with all the opinions on here. 

Previous appointments have come from st mirren, Motherwell, Dunfermline, our youth ream, American b teams, retirement homes. 

but suddenly our noses have never been turned up higher. 

a manager who’s taken a team from English league 1 to championship to premier league? - NO THANKS

a manager who’s taken a shite national team whove qualified for fuck all since 1982 and got them through the group stages of one? - FUCK THAT

what about a manager who’s won the premiership, Scottish cup, league cup and got through to the champions league group stages which Rodgers and ange haven’t come remotely close to with much more money available - DISGUSTING

just who is it going to be….. and how long before the usual suspects want blood? 

maybe it’s time to just get Eric black to put his stalker out his misery 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
31 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I doubt he’d remember to open his chute and would land on his head.

before bouncing up in the air and landing on his feet to the cheers of the crowd,  making his way to the dug out with a cheeky swagger

So we need the Swede to have a really poor start to season to have any hope of getting him? 
Can’t really see any other circumstances that will make it possible we get him. Unless Cormack was to throw real decent cash wages/player budget at him.

If he starts season well in Sweden & given all the press we’ve helped in getting him then most likely other clubs would be taking interest in him.

Big rumour in Kilmarnock tonight that the messiah is returning to Pittodrie. 

And I don't mean Matty Kennedy or Marley Watkins or Ash Taylor - how good would that be?

I have two pals in Ayrshire and they say it's rife! All over the place. Spreading panic, despair and deep seeking gloom amongst Killie fans. And of course unbridled joy here when the rumour hits here in the morning.

Personally I hope its true we should never have got rid of - in the first place.

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 5
1 minute ago, RedRevolution said:

Big rumour in Kilmarnock tonight that the messiah is returning to Pittodrie. 

And I don't mean Matty Kennedy or Marley Watkins or Ash Taylor - how good would that be?

I have two pals in Ayrshire and they say it's rife! All over the place. Spreading panic, despair and deep seeking gloom amongst Killie fans. And of course unbridled joy here when the rumour hits here in the morning.

Personally I hope its true we should never have got rid of - in the first place.

Not an ounce of truth and he would never work under cormack while he is chairman.

• Upvote 1