Next Manager

Doesn't matter if he is or he isn't. 

No new manager is going to be able to do any better than he's done. 7 points out of the last 9 is a good return for this group. 

There's no magic formula that's going to rearrange these players into a good team.  Pick any team you want in any formation you want and it will be full of flaws. 

• Upvote 1
56 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Think he's just palying it safe tbh

Can't see any sensible manager touching us till they know for sure we're not going down

Ross County at home to the scum next week. 
They’ll get beat.

We’re already 7 ahead of them, effectively 8 with goal difference.

IF we beat Dundee next week (big if), then we’re effectively 11 ahead.

If we’re not already safe, then we will be if that happens.    

That said, Dundee have a big incentive to win next week as it looks like they’ll have to if they want top 6. 

If the bottom six remains as is then we'll most likely get Livi and Motherwell at home and Hibs, St. J, and County away.

Add to that the home game against Dundee next weekend and two home wins from three should be enough to see us at least 10th.

We should avoid the play off on current form but I'm not taking anything for granted until it's mathematically certain.

44 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ross County at home to the scum next week. 
They’ll get beat.

We’re already 7 ahead of them, effectively 8 with goal difference.

IF we beat Dundee next week (big if), then we’re effectively 11 ahead.

If we’re not already safe, then we will be if that happens.    

That said, Dundee have a big incentive to win next week as it looks like they’ll have to if they want top 6. 

Only if Hibs win away to Motherwell and I wouldn't put it past them Hibsing it again

14 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

If the bottom six remains as is then we'll most likely get Livi and Motherwell at home and Hibs, St. J, and County away.

Add to that the home game against Dundee next weekend and two home wins from three should be enough to see us at least 10th.

We should avoid the play off on current form but I'm not taking anything for granted until it's mathematically certain.

We would be due 3 at home and 2 away though, however so would Livingston, Ross, and Dundee (if they are in bottom six).

Motherwell, St Johnston and Hibs would be due 2 at home and 3 away. 

So if Dundee are bottom six then one team is going to be unhappy - Dundee since they were the promoted team?

We will definitely get Livi at home and should have Ross and St J away. We will have Motherwell at home if they are bottom six and then it should be Dundee or Hibs at home for the third time. However this is the SPFL so I'm sure there will be some sort of creative way to shaft us.

27 minutes ago, Don Shula said:

We would be due 3 at home and 2 away though, however so would Livingston, Ross, and Dundee (if they are in bottom six).

As it stands we’d have Motherwell and Livi at home. Unsure if any of the other teams would be swapped around or not 

1 minute ago, Rico1903 said:

I think he’s shown himself to be pretty clueless for some time. 

We're obviously still sniffing about Jimmy but if we were that confident I doubt we'd be speaking to other folk as well.

1 minute ago, McginnAgain said:

Never said he wasn't a target. Just that an official offer wasn't made, and he didn't turn us down. 

Which is likely true. 

Sorry, "Not under consideration" by definition, club spent an awful lot of time on him anyway.

1 minute ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I thought Thelin had always been the target?

After O'Neill went quiet at the start of this saga he was in the frame, turned us down but we've kept hanging around, now maybe Thelin does change his mind and wants to come here but if the club were confident they wouldn't be speaking to other options.

It’s difficult to know where they are going , a very poor performance from our chairman and board 

what’s been the outcome of the big review as well ?
 communication is sadly lacking at this stage , 

It’s starting to show with the fans , relatively poor semi final ticket sales and a dread to think what the season ticket uptake will be 

Maybe just maybe this will make them take heed of the situation and make positive decisions 

Playing into the sfa'shands regarding the semi final, if and when we get a decent new manager and the feel good factor hopefully returns to the club, the next time we get to a semi or final we can’t expect half the allocation when we will take less than 15000 to this 1 coming, I won’t be going due to the piss poor treatment of the fans by the owners/board but it’s a no win situation for the fans as we will be shafted by the sfa and the so called top men of our beloved club.

• Dildo 1
34 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

It’s difficult to know where they are going , a very poor performance from our chairman and board 

It’s starting to show with the fans , relatively poor semi final ticket sales and a dread to think what the season ticket uptake will be 

Maybe just maybe this will make them take heed of the situation and make positive decisions 

Can’t help but think the longer they take to get someone in, the further they alienate the fans.  Nearly every single fan I know hasnt renewed their season ticket.  Many of whom  have decided not to and will just go to a few games next season.  I’m just totally fucking scunnered with it all.  

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Sorry, "Not under consideration" by definition, club spent an awful lot of time on him anyway.

After O'Neill went quiet at the start of this saga he was in the frame, turned us down but we've kept hanging around, now maybe Thelin does change his mind and wants to come here but if the club were confident they wouldn't be speaking to other options.

Not sticking for FMB in any way but that's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't comment. If they weren't speaking to other options they'd be accused of putting all their eggs in one basket 

• Upvote 3
8 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

This whole manager appointment saga gets more embarrassing by the week.

If Leven hadn't steadied things these last 3 games we could quite easily have been in the relegation playoff place.

In my mind I think that Cormack and Co have lost the dressing room with the majority of fans so to speak and will need more than a couple of positive decisions to reverse the current situation. 

A decent new manager appointment is once thing, a revamped management structure at the club is another and a balanced summer recruitment campaign is probably needed as well. 

As things stand I don't trust Cormack to deliver on any of them. 

Cormack has to go, he's caused too much reputational damage and has made us a bit of a laughing stock.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, minijc said:

Burns seems to be suggesting that Thelin does have interest and it’s Elfsborg “proving a tough nut to crack”. If that’s the case then I suppose it’s prudent to be talking to others (unless those others include Lennon) just in case.

Of course if Thelin did have serious interest he’d be forcing the issue a bit, and Burns quote “They wouldn't be pursuing if they didn't think Thelin was interested.” makes me think he’s not been paying attention to how incompetent the board are.

Still think it’s more likely that this is all just a club leak to ease fan pressure a bit.

17 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

If Leven hadn't steadied things these last 3 games we could quite easily have been in the relegation playoff place.

In my mind I think that Cormack and Co have lost the dressing room with the majority of fans so to speak and will need more than a couple of positive decisions to reverse the current situation. 

A decent new manager appointment is once thing, a revamped management structure at the club is another and a balanced summer recruitment campaign is probably needed as well. 

Cormack has to go, he's caused too much reputational damage and has made us a bit of a laughing stock.

Football is a small world 

IF Cormack interferes & meddles & steps on a managers toes from time to time, then people in the game will know that.

That will put off some prospective managers.

Then of course, they have to talk to our DoF, which is another separate issue. 

23 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Football is a small world 

IF Cormack interferes & meddles & steps on a managers toes from time to time, then people in the game will know that.

That will put off some prospective managers.

Then of course, they have to talk to our DoF, which is another separate issue. 

😴 

1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

I hope those in the “dressing room “ ie players in protest to Cormack and Co refuse to take their wages!! That would show them. Of course not, do people who work in say banks agree with decisions made by top bosses , no. Same for every job. They are paid to play football. It’s simple they should just do their jobs! Footballers should get loss deduction just like win bonuses.