Next Manager

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Slightly disagree with this 

We definitely need strengthening in some areas and if we lose Bojan/Duk in the summer then the quality definitely dwindles but I think we’re only 3-4 players off having a really strong squad 

They just need a fucking decent Manager ffs 

This strong squad, can you elaborate on it's strengths. 

1 minute ago, Willo flood said:

Gallagher was pretty highly rated before coming to us to be fair

His final season at 'Well was an absolute stinker. And he'd only looked good as part of a 3 before we signed him.

Then stuck him in a back 4, naturally.

51 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We need loads of players 

2 goalies seeing as Roos is away and the back up is clearly shite if he can't displace him this season. 

A right back to at least compete with Devlin but ideally to take his place 

A left back to demote Mackenzie to a squad player 

2 centre backs to compete with Rubi and MacDonald 

2 central midfielders for obvious reasons 

2 wingers 

At least 1 striker, 2 if Miovski and Duk leave as expected. 

So 11 or 12 then 

Agreed although possibly 3 wingers as need cover too.  Devlin should be the minimum standard back up right back same as Mackenzie. We could do with a Idah/Vassell type striker to give us a decent different option.  I agree with other about Findley at Killie, he would solve a lot of problems.  Not saying he's a world beater but he can defend

34 minutes ago, englishred said:

Agreed although possibly 3 wingers as need cover too.  Devlin should be the minimum standard back up right back same as Mackenzie. We could do with a Idah/Vassell type striker to give us a decent different option.  I agree with other about Findley at Killie, he would solve a lot of problems.  Not saying he's a world beater but he can defend

Nouble is out of contract and fits the target man bill. Worth signing him for free IMO.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Would rather we go for someone who we can sell on for 10+ million quid than Nouble. Just go raid MTK again. Simple as that. 

Livi is the high point of Nouble's career at 28... not one for the future. Wiki says about 61 goals in almost 300 games... or 1 in 5, and most of his time has been spent in the Isthmian League, the 8th tier of English football. 

I would sob like a mental case if we replaced Miovski with this fella. 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

Would rather we go for someone who we can sell on for 10+ million quid than Nouble. Just go raid MTK again. Simple as that. 

Livi is the high point of Nouble's career at 28... not one for the future. Wiki says about 61 goals in almost 300 games... or 1 in 5, and most of his time has been spent in the Isthmian League, the 8th tier of English football. 

I would sob like a mental case if we replaced Miovski with this fella. 

I suspect he was fishing 

7 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

There only a small minority in here that might have small pieces of inside info  on what's going on the now and I'm definitely not one of them, but it don't help when posters constantly make up stuff which gets others more and more riled up day after day, I've got to the stage that what will be will be, no point in pissing my pants over it all. 

The players need to take a long hard look at themselves I don't think there is one player I'd be worried about loosing in the summer excluding Miovski (who will be away anyway) don't think I can actually think of a summer where I've felt like that.🤔

I think Cormack Burrows and Gunn also need to also take a long hard look at themselves too, I actually wish they didn't post on twitter, keep things to an official path as now you have fans that want a daily update on what the players are getting for lunch and injury tactics updates, 🫣🤣 just don't think Twitter is the place for that, not really a top 100 club thing! 

Heard a rumour or two that Burrows will leave in the summer? Could that be a new role for Gunn? God knows probably another made up story. 🙄

To be fair

Multiple times you've inferred you knew something!!

In fact, the first paragraph you've moaned about people doing it then done it yourself in the last paragraph 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

To be fair

Multiple times you've inferred you knew something!!

In fact, the first paragraph you've moaned about people doing it then done it yourself in the last paragraph 

Only when I know what I've been told by someone I trust. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It amazes me that there are still people that think we've got a good squad that just needs a new manager to transform it into some all conquering side. 

They must have watched all our games on the radio. 

Or by laptop with a dodgy stream whilst posting on the match thread.

10 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Sorry slippers, I know you know SG in some capacity. 
Just saying what my perception is, whether that’s a right one or a wrong one. 👍

Don't apologise.

Gunn is fucking hopeless.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Money talks. We can double their wages.

Owen Beck would be a decent loan at left back. 

Lyall Cameron (if he's not already out of our price range) would be a good investment in Scottish youth. 

Armstrong from Kilmarnock. 

We need to pick off the better younger players in our league who have proven they can deal with a bit of adversity as well as making a few of the foreign signings (but not as many).  Add a couple of our own young players like Bavidge and we're off and running for a new era. 

• Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Strain and Baccus would still be good pick ups for us.

Provided they dont mind playing league cup groups instead of European qualifiers. 

O’Hara would be another good pick-up but as per your 2nd paragraph semi jokingly alludes to, we are not the catch we once were, nothwithstanding the added finances we can chuck at them

Baccus is out of contract however, might be easier to persuade him to move north 

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

O’Hara would be another good pick-up but as per your 2nd paragraph semi jokingly alludes to, we are not the catch we once were, nothwithstanding the added finances we can chuck at them

I originally typed Scottish championship games but I thought I'd be pushing my luck! 

8 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Baccus is out of contract however, might be easier to persuade him to move north 

He's (Baccus) a defensive midfielder which is a position we need to strengthen in and at 25 he can still improve. On a free transfer he would be a decent acquisition however I suspect our stock is so low he won't consider Aberdeen.

I would however be throwing a decent fee at Dundee for Cameron. I think he's a smashing talent. Two no nonsense hard men also wouldn't go amiss in our powderpuff set up. 

And a decent keeper, and at least two central defenders, 2 wingers and a 20 goal a season striker.

And a fucking manager. 

Not too much to hope for.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Owen Beck would be a decent loan at left back. 

Lyall Cameron (if he's not already out of our price range) would be a good investment in Scottish youth. 

Armstrong from Kilmarnock. 

We need to pick off the better younger players in our league who have proven they can deal with a bit of adversity as well as making a few of the foreign signings (but not as many).  Add a couple of our own young players like Bavidge and we're off and running for a new era. 

Would be but rumours Celtic still want him and so do several championship clubs, Liverpool not looking to sell either.

2 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

He's (Baccus) a defensive midfielder which is a position we need to strengthen in and at 25 he can still improve. On a free transfer he would be a decent acquisition however I suspect our stock is so low he won't consider Aberdeen.

I would however be throwing a decent fee at Dundee for Cameron. I think he's a smashing talent. Two no nonsense hard men also wouldn't go amiss in our powderpuff set up. 

And a decent keeper, and at least two central defenders, 2 wingers and a 20 goal a season striker.

And a fucking manager. 

Not too much to hope for.

Daniel Phillips from St Johnstone has also looked decent the times I've seen him.