Next Manager

6 hours ago, Hoppy said:

Who gives a fuck if he's boring or entertaining as long as he's winning football matches.  Managers talk too much theses days anyway.

Let’s just wait and see how the team gets on.   If by this time next season there’s been little or no improvement he’ll be getting absolutely slaughtered for his lack of passion …..just standing there clueless on the touchline as the team struggles.

And God forbid he scratches his lug.

For now , though , he’s got a free pass purely because he ticks the box that  some empty vessel retards in the fanbase require…..namely that he’s ‘a foreigner’.

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 8
38 minutes ago, redone said:

Let’s just wait and see how the team gets on.   If by this time next season there’s been little or no improvement he’ll be getting absolutely slaughtered for his lack of passion …..just standing there clueless on the touchline as the team struggles.

For now , though , he’s got a free pass purely because he ticks the box that  some empty vessel retards in the fanbase require…..namely that he’s ‘a foreigner’.

Who was your pick mate? 

1 hour ago, redone said:

It's his managerial record that ticks the boxes, not his nationality.

The reason people don't want any of the Scottish or Irish candidates, is not because they're Scottish or Irish, but because they are shit.  Alex Neil has done well, but he is on a bit of a downward spiral now- as Jimmy C said, "shelf life".

• Upvote 2
18 hours ago, NEM said:

Spot on.  Revisionist nonsense claiming Glass had us playing good football.  100 passes along the backline before a hoof up the park which was usually returned over the top of our awol full backs. It was fucking crap.

His goal difference while our manager was minus 4. 

Agree to an extent.

But there’s a bit of a difference between a manager whose team is absolutely shapeless and dogshit in every dept and one who might be implementing a bit of structure and style that’s going to take time to develop and get the right players in etc.

Not sure Glass was exactly that but it felt more like it than Goodwin or Robson ever did imo.

Slim pickings though.

29 minutes ago, redone said:

From the realistic options I’d have taken Alex Neil as my first choice.  Malky McKay second.

Hi Michael Stewart, are you going to make an arse of yourself on Sportsound again today?

• Haha 8
1 hour ago, Helmet said:

Agree to an extent.

But there’s a bit of a difference between a manager whose team is absolutely shapeless and dogshit in every dept and one who might be implementing a bit of structure and style that’s going to take time to develop and get the right players in etc.

Not sure Glass was exactly that but it felt more like it than Goodwin or Robson ever did imo.

Slim pickings though.

Glass did have a method. 

1. I think this might work

2.Hmm, it didn't work, I think I'll try it again 

3. Repeat no. 2 until I get sacked 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

It's his managerial record that ticks the boxes, not his nationality.

The reason people don't want any of the Scottish or Irish candidates, is not because they're Scottish or Irish, but because they are shit.  Alex Neil has done well, but he is on a bit of a downward spiral now- as Jimmy C said, "shelf life".

Well said.

Malay Mackay Jesus fukin Christ. You think we should be appointing a manager that was sacked by a team fighting relegation. 

14 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Glass did have a method. 

1. I think this might work

2.Hmm, it didn't work, I think I'll try it again 

3. Repeat no. 2 until I get sacked 

Is that any worse than a chair boasting about an open and flowing prawcess and an incumbent following a different system (badly) and hoping nobody notices.

With our pending new Swedish manager and Swedish coaching staff you'd think it would be a fairly safe bet we'd be taking in some Swedish players they've worked with previously or are aware of. Any standouts over there we could be going after? Can we even afford to take players in from there? 

One for Ten Cat, what's the average Swedish top league player earning, how does the wages over there compare with what we could pay?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Hoppy said:

Hi Michael Stewart, are you going to make an arse of yourself on Sportsound again today?

I have listened to Sportsound twice recently and both times Michael Stewart has been a complete dick. How he continues to get a gig is beyond me. 

I always thought he was ok. He has either changed or how wrong I was.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, AllyDon said:

I have listened to Sportsound twice recently and both times Michael Stewart has been a complete dick. How he continues to get a gig is beyond me. 

I always thought he was ok. He has either changed or how wrong I was.

He got a bung from the SFA.  And also joined the orange how olds your Grannie 1 trouser leg brigade.   Or the Anti AFC Brigade. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Michael Stewart is playing a role on Sportsound. 

The 'arguments' are all planned and designed to attract attention to the show to pull in listeners. 

Mikey Stewart stars, as 'The Ginger Cunt'

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The 'arguments' are all planned and designed to attract attention to the show to pull in listeners. 

Correct. Just surprised someone as self respecting as him would allow himself to be dragged down to the level of Chris Sutton or “Boydy”.

Whether you agree with his opinions on football or current affairs, he clearly has more than just the one brain cell so he’s massively sold himself out to the BBC for a few extra shillings, to align himself with Kenny MacIntyre’s shock radio format.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Exactly 

While Kenny sits in the corner wanking furiously to the sound of everyone arguing 

Fucking pantomime 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You know this I was thinking the same thing, but his recent carrying on seems over the top. It's not even comical to listen to anymore it's just frustrating and a bit boring. If anything it puts me off tuning in.

• Upvote 2
19 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Tam English saying thelin is a done deal announcement might be next week

Had to laugh at him saying he's still in the early stages of his managerial career. Sounds like he's been coaching at some level since 2005 and managing at a decent level since 2014. A lot more experience than Tom has suggested.

8 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Had to laugh at him saying he's still in the early stages of his managerial career. Sounds like he's been coaching at some level since 2005 and managing at a decent level since 2014. A lot more experience than Tom has suggested.

They are just hurt that it’s someone up and coming as a manager and not the usual dross who they have already suggested, they are feart, they hate change, pleasing.

Malky Mackay 😂😂😂😂😂

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

They are just hurt that it’s someone up and coming as a manager and not the usual dross who they have already suggested, they are feart, they hate change, pleasing.

Malky Mackay 😂😂😂😂😂

Tbf Tom English seemed to think it was a good appointment, just obviously hadn't looked into how long he'd been managing.