Next Manager

4 hours ago, Max_AFC said:

Good summary, some patience will be key while possibly not easy at times, however we need to give the new Management Team time to implement their ideas.

You are spot on re the media and pundits, we are slaughtered, gaslighted and marginalised with negative coverage at every opportunity. This is where we as fans have to step up and play our part and get right behind the team, and club, even when things aren’t going well. Some sections of our support feed off their narrative which we need to start avoiding…..

Big credit is due to the Red Shed lot this season, home and away, who have kept a positive atmosphere going under difficult circumstances on the pitch at times. 

Fuck em all and Stand Free!

Really? I think they've been abysmal on the road. Don't even know the fundamentals. They're only kids though so they'll learn. 

1 hour ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Well Cormack and his band of experts need to check out what they are splashing the cash on first.  And not like  a few Dumbos in the past where they paid big money and got nothing in return. 

Can't dispute that the money has been largely wasted, but they point was that Cormack has at least made that money to be wasted available

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
4 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Robson was well backed last summer.

It’s just the recruitment was shit (not necessarily his fault) 

The club took in more money from the sale of McCrory and Ramadani than they spent on the squad last summer. Any manager needs to be involved in player recruitment and needs at least two transfer windows to have any chance of improving the club in the long term. I just hope the club/ fans will give the new manager time to succeed . 

2 minutes ago, redone said:

Can I have a large pinch of salt with that , please ?

If you are referring to the Jan window then aye you can argue he wasn't but why let a manager who is leaving in the summer spend MORE money after we spent summer earlier that summer.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

All this talk of us not giving the manager time.

The last 3 managers didn't get any more time because they were fucking useless.

So.

Don't be fucking useless.

And you will get time.

If it is Thelin then he's going to need a couple of years to make a difference, it's that bad, plus some patience from the fans and Gnasher.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Hairdrier said:

If it is Thelin then he's going to need a couple of years to make a difference, it's that bad, plus some patience from the fans and Gnasher.

Quite a few people both here and in the media keep stating that Cormack needs to show patience.

He's showed plenty up until now if you ask me. I'd argue he's showed Glass, Goodwin and Robson months more than they deserved (and McInnes was leaving anyway before someone says it)

• Upvote 2

Some folk want us to be better than we were under McInnes  overnight.  

And they want us to be on an upward trajectory from the off and continuously thereafter with a new manager who uses a different style of play and will be working in a new culture. 

Doesn't feel realistic to me. 

3 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Quite a few people both here and in the media keep stating that Cormack needs to show patience.

He's showed plenty up until now if you ask me. I'd argue he's showed Glass, Goodwin and Robson months more than they deserved (and McInnes was leaving anyway before someone says it)

See I don't think he has, when you change from the style McInnes had us playing to what he wanted Glass to do, that idea needs way more time and support, granted he was shit and needed sacked but he was dealt a shit hand with no HoR.

We then abandoned that idea with two managers, both of them played a basic type of football that easy to implement yet failed, we definitely persisted a bit longer with them than we should have.

Thelin in my opinion due to his philosophy needs the most time as that whole style of play will take a while to implement, some top coaches at elite clubs have struggled and they had the benefit of an understanding owner, fans who were on the same page and a gigantic budget.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Soon as we get someone better, it'll stop

Despite being shite we have managed cup final appearances, semis and even a GREAT European run, shows you that towards the end he was underachieving. 

• Upvote 1