Next Manager

Plenty Norwegian and Danish names that have done some good work. The club must be aware. Horneland,Bakke,Thelin in Sweden. Uwe Rosler is in Denmark. 

Think folk need to give folk a break if they've been sacked. Every manager has barring Klopp and very few others. Wrong clubs or circumstances that none of us know. 

I don't think Neil is a bad manager and he might be dour but so was McLean and he didn't do too badly. 

They've given Warnock a wee shot,so surely they can gather the cash and entice someone that fits the way they want to go long term. And then give him time. Till it goes tits up....

Alex Neil would be a strange 2 given we could have went for him instead of warnock. 

They are going to have to do something to sell season tickets. If form dosnt pick up it’s going to be a hard sell for people that are debating it. 

A Jesse Marsch type I don’t think would even consider us. But we maybe should be saying here’s 15-20k a week for that type as see what they say. 

16 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Possibly waiting fully to see what the actual job is next season! A manager for just Scottish domestic football or one that has to know how to juggle European and Domestic football. 

Aye , that’s what it’ll be 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

So Alex Neil is too boring. Not sure why, just the idea of him is boring.

We need a more exciting manager then? Like who? Let’s hear it? 

What? Calm your jets, I just find the idea of him boring but as I said he’d be a steady appointment and is the kind of person we need. 

You come across very aggressive on here. 

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Possibly waiting fully to see what the actual job is next season! A manager for just Scottish domestic football or one that has to know how to juggle European and Domestic football. 

Shouldn't really matter... if the aim is to have regular European football then even if we miss out next season (which is highly likely) we need someone in place who will be able to get us into Europe and then know how to juggle European and Domestic football the season after.

2 hours ago, Simply Red said:

So Alex Neil is too boring. Not sure why, just the idea of him is boring.

We need a more exciting manager then? Like who? Lets hear it? 

It’s not only a new exciting new manager. But we are lacking an exciting goalkeeper and a few defenders and wingers.   Cormack has to know the meaning of exciting first and then be prepared to splash the cash.  If he doesn’t next season is going to be worse than this one. 

• Dildo 1
3 hours ago, Simply Red said:

What about Young/Glass with Warnock part of the dream team? 
That would be a cool experiment.

Experimental approach, something outside the box is exactly what the club needs right now.

Remember, Red Clive is the poster previously known as Finlay... 

• Confused 1

So do we wait until we gather about one point from our next 3 league games , drop from eighth to tenth in the league, get pumped by Kilmarnock two nil in the cup without their goalie having to make a save then appoint a manger no one is enthused about. That would suggest FMB are doing the correct thing........

• Dildo 1
16 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Sunderland are a fucking basket case of a club. Hire and fire managers about as often as Hibs do.

Despite taking them up ( as someone else said, getting them promoted from EFL1 to the Championship is akin to getting Dundee United up from our Championship into the Premier League) he would have seen how badly run they are...and I think they got new owners in during his short tenure...and got out to a far better club all round. Just he made a complete balls-up of his Stoke tenure

For once, I completely agree with you.

2 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

I admire the optimism

3 hours ago, DelMonte said:

What? Calm your jets, I just find the idea of him boring but as I said he’d be a steady appointment and is the kind of person we need. 

You come across very aggressive on here. 

😆

You said you find the idea of appointing Neil, boring. I asked for an explanation. You gave it. Well done. We got there in the end. Apologies for upsetting you.

5 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Just proves he's a weak loser that doesn't back his own abilities. We've only been repeatedly sacking managers because they have been shite.

Yeah... Do a job that doesnae get you sacked Scott, you miserable piece of shit 🤤 

Washed up guff cunt 

• Haha 1
On 2/18/2024 at 5:47 PM, Jocky Balboa said:

It's all well and good citing the Fergie era as anomalous, but you forget we pushed a world-class Celtic side (runners-up in the EC 1970, semi-finalists on several occasions) all the way on several occasions in the 70's, not least in losing the league on the last day, two decades before the fateful Ibrox debacle. With the exception of the pre-Turnbull era in the 1960's, we were a strong force in Scottish football from the 1940's right through to the mid-90's. It's therefore not unreasonable to have aspirations beyond most SPL clubs out with the Arse Cheeks. At the very least, we should be aiming for top 4 league finishes, regular European football and a cup final every 3 years or so.

We had that

Exactly that

58 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

😆

You said you find the idea of appointing Neil, boring. I asked for an explanation. You gave it. Well done. We got there in the end. Apologies for upsetting you.

I said what I send “in the end” in my original post. 

You didn’t upset me.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, minijc said:

Don't recall us qualifying for European football.

You must of missed the games where we played teams from Spain, Portugal, Holland, England and other teams from different countries in Europe. 

Must of been a bad blow to the head that made you forget. 

12 minutes ago, thurso said:

You must of missed the games where we played teams from Spain, Portugal, Holland, England and other teams from different countries in Europe. 

Mind don’t forget the might of Maribor or the winnable apollon tie, should easily have qualified through those ties.

36 minutes ago, thurso said:

Nah, those were qualifiers, big difference between actually qualifying and just failing at the first couple of hurdles.